xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zach101

Fast Reply Option In Phpbb any way to turn it on?

Well i Got my forums working again however. I was wondering if there is any way to have a fast reply option with these pbpbb forums. I know I have seen it in other forums but i think they were ipb. Not sure though. Thanks in advance. Zach

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title and description are VERY important. Edited.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

No I don't think there is anything on PHPBB for that. It doesn't come standard and I searched through the mods on phpbb.com but unless someone else made them somewhere else I don't think you can. Sorry.

Im sorry i dint really understand that. So i can download somthing called punbb which is like a skin? or mod thingy ? that will allow fast reply? Or are you talking about an entirely differnt type of message board?

I did a search on google and found it. It is a whole new forum all together.
http://punbb.informer.com/
I haven't heard of it before but it looks sort of like phpbb. I might have to try it out and see just how well it works. From first looks though it doesn't strike me as anything real fancy. They are asking for money. lol The news shows that they have some major sequrity bugs as well.

ouch that would be the day when i pay to make my self easier to hack lol hmmm There really must be some way to make a fast reply option i dont see how somthing like phpbb would not have one and let a competitor like ipb have one. Makes no sense.

Who knows? They just might put up an option like that in the next version... I'd really like a Fast reply for PHPBB too, since I have my own forums made with that... I'd get IPB myself, but I don't want it to be remotely hosted and I don't want to pay for it. Other kinds of forums have the Fast reply immediately, and you don't have to click anything for the Fast reply to appear. Hmm, I guess we have to live with this for now, or just transfer to a new forum maker...

hey, some tell me to go to phpbbhack or what I forget the sitem but something like that, just search the actual link in google and you will find it.With that you can do almost everything in phpbb, well I have never try it so I don't know yet. By the way, yeah my forum members just got angry so much to me saying to turn fast reply on, but I just reply with my curent forum (phpbb) I cannot... some run from my forums... I thought IPB has features like that, but after forumer.com use phpbb other than IPB like before... well I can do nothing but to follow. But, maybe I can set up a new forum in Xisto using phpbb. Maybe I'll try after I get sufficient credits.Phpbb is updating every single minute, I just can't catch up its development, it's so fast even faster than php development I think.Not to mention, it's not easy to catch up php development too.I haven't seen the new version of phpbb (or maybe it's already old), but it is promising I think. Maybe they will have fast reply now not realing on phpbbhacks anymore...

Eh, I've ran into the issue with the lack of Fast Reply as well. There are a few hacks, as the previous poster listed, but I was only able to get one or two to work in the past, and only with the default skins. When you get into the custom skins, it is much harder to get anything to work with them, so keep that in mind.It would be nicer if phpBB would just give all the actions a centralized location, so that let's say you install a hack for one skin, it would automatically work on all of them. It's kind of ridiculous to have to go through each and every one and change settings, test, and keep doing it over and over until everything works properly.My most well liked feature about phpBB is the ability to have all the various skins and for each person to choose their own without affecting anyone else's, but at the same time I dislike how hard it is to get things to work across multiple skins.Or does anyone happen to know how to make the process easier? There have been many things that I have been unable to get to work because the various skin creators use different code in theirs, leave things out, add things, etc.Thanks.