xisto Community
Chameleon

Depressing Songs good depressing music

Depressing songs...

Depressing Songs

Blower's Daughter, Damien Rice. Song about being broken hearted...Then a the woman comes in and sings very subtly "did I say that I love you, Did I say that I want to" I missed it first few times I listened. Then it clicked. Just listen its actually heartbreaking, we've all been in his shoes.

Don Mclean, American Pie.

Doves, There goes the fear.

Morning runner, Burning benches.

-reply by Howe3488

Replying to ChameleonThese are all very depressing. I'm suprised everyone is listing only radio crap. Backstreet Boys don't have depressing songs...Just a depressing career.Push and "Kody"- Matchbox Twenty"Miss Misery" by Elliot SmithNovember by Azure RayJesus Christ by Brand NewNo Lies, Just love by Bright EyesWhat it's like by EverlastSullen Girl by Fiona AppleLet Go by Frou FROULost Cause by BeckPretend You're alive by lovedrugA Better Son/Daughter - by Rilo KileyInto the Night by Say AnythingSave Yourself by Sense FieldBeauty From Pain by Super ChickDark Come Soon by Tegan and SaraLetting the Cables Sleep by BushGlycerine by BushHate Me by Blue OctoberTears in Heaven by Eric ClaptonRocket Man by Elton JohnAdagio for Strings (Theme from Platoon)Driftwood by Cursive

My saddest songs

Depressing Songs

The saddest songs for me are

1) "Almost Lover" by A Fine Frenzy

2) "Lonely Day" by System of a Down

3) "45" by Shinedown

They just sound so hopeless.

Then I would add

4) "Broken" by Seether featuring Amy Lee

5) "hello" by Evanescence

6) and finally "Hurt" by Johnny Cash [check out his music video for this; its heart wrenching]

-reply by Murkus Dagger

Sorry- buckcherryFor the nights I can't remember-hedleyWake me up when september ends - Green DayThe ghost of you - My Chemical RomanceGunnin'-HedleyDesert song-My chemical romanceClumsy- Our lady peace

Sad Songs... Mellow, maybe.

Depressing Songs

The three best depressing songs I know are:

1) "Moonlight Sonata" - Mozart

2) "The Final Cut" - Pink Floyd

3) "Gunner's Dream" - Pink Floyd

Listen to that list of three songs and you'll know what I mean.

-reply by Hannibal Lecter

Depressing music- good depressing songs

Depressing Songs

You're not alone by Saosin...

SHarks and danger- alexisonfire

Basement ghost singing-Armor for Sleep

Broken- Secondhand Serenade

And my number one is Boulders by New Found Glory

actualy

Depressing Songs

Replying to Cerb

Its not actually the fact that people like to listen to people complain, but that it helps them remember moments that were good about something (Examp. Past away friend.Family), for me its about the example I listed, but it could be something entirly diffent for someone else, this is just my opinion or how I come to like deppresion music...

-reply by Those who know nothing know everything

1. Happy Birthday-Flipsyde (hip-hop/rap but still touching. Very good)2. Three cheers for Five Years- Mayday Parade3. Anything by flyleaf, Cassie is a good one about the columbine shooting4. If We're All Alone, Aren't We in this Together- October Fall5. Self Conclusion - The Spill Canvas6. The Tide- The Spill Canvas7. Concrete Angel- Martina McBride (country but still good)8. Hurt(cover)- Johnny Cash9. Hear you Me- Jimmy Eat World10. Zero- Hawk Nelson11. Gloomy Sunday(cover)- Billie Hliday (old but worth a listen)12. From the Second I Wake up- Valencia -reply by JESSSICCAAAXOXOXOX

the real meaning of the word depressing is in these songs:

Depressing Songs

When you believe by Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston

Daniel by Elton John

If you were here tonight by Alexander O'Neal

Why by Annie Lennox

Stay by Shakespear's Sister

Nothing compares to you by Sinead O Connor

-reply by Jonathan Avis

Well..Here are some depressing songs I've eared through the years..They're not in order- Plain White T's - Lonely September- Final Fantasy X - To zanarkand (it has no lyrics but it's still sad)- Final Fantasy VII - Aerith Theme (it's even more sad if you know the history)- Simple Plan - Untitled- Avril (most of her songs are depressing but here goes..) Nobody's home; Fall to pieces; Slipped away; Falling down; All you will never know; Get over it; Why; When you're gone; Innocence; keep holding on; Tomorrow; Anything but ordinary; You were mine; I will be; Imagine; etcetera believe there are plenty more sad avril' songs- Evan Taubenfeld - The best years of our lives- Green day - time of your life- Sum41 - Pieces- Westlife (95% of their songs are really really depressing -.-')And those are some of the titles I recall in the moment-reply by Pedro