xisto Community
Plenoptic

Fake Opaque!everyone Read

Well I recieved a personal message today trying to pretend he was the real Opaque wishing to make me a moderator. Well I almost fell for it becaues the name looked right but it has a period at the end and he has no posts. He says that his account was spammed but I don't believe him because he says he warned me but he doesn't have admin powers. Please someone take care of this right away. Thanks

Banned

This user's account has been banned. If you are unsure if an admin/mod is real or not, just click on their name and if don't see a Xisto ADMIN / Xisto MODERATOR image under their avatar, then they are fake and please report it.

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

Is this the first time somebody has posed to be moderator or admin on this forum?? because I never heard anyone done that here before.. They just have too much time on their hands to be doing this sort of thing.

Is this the first time somebody has posed to be moderator or admin on this forum?? because I never heard anyone done that here before.. They just have too much time on their hands to be doing this sort of thing.

208534[/snapback]

There were several attempts in the past and they were all dealt with extreme prejudice. This time the login name was changed and the member was placed under the banned list. Additional attempt from the same IP will result in IP ban and the ISP will be notified :) You may think notifying ISP does nothing...oh I assure you it does wonders in interrupting that particular IP user for at least 72 hours :P

OpaQue, we can't ban you... you're like protected with super shield. I had to rename the hoax member and then banned.

Thanks everyone. This is the message he sent me. lol Admins don't need your password to anything because it isn't needed which helped me figure things out. This is for future reference in case anyone gets a similar personal message.

I am Xisto.com's Administrator. As I reviewed the best members yesterday, I came across you! I, first, would like to congratulate you on your sucess and help to the forum, secondly, I would like to ask you to become a site moderator! I do need a bit of information from you, to be able to accept you as a moderator, though. First, I'll need your Full Name, Email Address (to send you a line to the moderator login), you username (Plenoptic) and your password for forums (so I can be able to fix your account to a moderator account) and for hosting (to upgrade you account to paid [but you don't have to pay!] hosting).

Thank you for your contribution to Xisto's community and sincere help to our members,

OpaQue

Obviosly that person is not very bright. To think that the Admin needs any of that information when it's already available to them is just plain stupid. I guess they were hoping the person they were sending the message to is as dumb as them. Well spotted Plenoptic!

I am glad that it was Plenoptic that spotted this faker. [in a good way <.<;;] Anyone else just mIgHt fall for it and give them their info. Also, I hope he does come back and do this to someone else, then he could get ISP owned... :)Good job anyways Plenoptic. :P

Actually. It would be bad for him to come back. Because he figured out his mistakes and possibly knew what he did wrong. If he came back, he might get someones account and than that person is screwed. So you don't want him to come back. But that was really fake. I may not be the best at forums, but I do know you don't need that info to do any of that. The Admin can get into your account, change your password, ect... without you giving him/her any info. He must have been some dumba** noob. lol

I posted something on this quite a long time ago. I don't know if it's still floating around or not. But if anyone ever claims they are a moderator/administrator etc. and need their account permissions back, ignore them. Because they are lying.And in the unlikely event that OpaQue was locked out of his account, he would be able to take the appropriate measures to get it back.

this is what i get for missing something cool and wonderful, of course this dude is a idiot, if he were smart he would have tried to match the posts OpaQue has made, but of course he would have got banned for spamming.But good Job Pleno, of course i would have displayed that ip number just for the heck of it, just so the dude knows not to mess with the best.

This ladies and gentlmen is another one of those cases where some poor soul has WAYY to much time on there hands. I mean for petes sake A. Thats just rude B. Dont you have somthing better to do seeriously?

wow.This site has a terrific security system.A lot of Security personnel are on duty and the resident of this site are also socially active.Its like One citizen of Xisto report a complaint, within in no time the Security Personnel get rid of the criminal. And all the people of Xisto give their opinion on this.Wish people were so active in real world as well :)well thats a dream.