xisto Community
dantheman1122

My Job Sucks! tell us, why you hate your job

Wow, people just like me :P. Alrighty time to get this ballroom rolling.

First a few things:
1. I concur with all of you.
2. I dislike my job as well.
3. Going to vent on how I'm changing my aspect about my job and how I'm planning on working through it while my solution comes into effect.

My job is pretty much the same every year round. They want you to live for them. I'm an airport cargo operator in which I operate various machinery just to get the damned things out on time, and one of the worst things that comes into effect on the job are 1. the people, 2. the political bs that goes on in the place, and 3. the iron fist of the management bearing down on little ol' me.

The people are somewhat annoying in general, even though there are those with bright characters and tolerable personalities, the sad fact of the matter is however the majority are pretty much annoying to the point where you can't handle it anymore. When you stare at them you can tell instantly they are losers who won't surmount to anything past being a highschool substitute teacher (and that's a compliment from me). At anyrate on to the other matter: the political bs. Some folks get away with rediculous bull, and I mean rediculous, it shouldn't matter who your father/mother/uncle is, if you make a mistake worth 2.3 mill to the comp then your *bottom* should be canned. Period. That's not a mistake that's intentional damage since there are safety regulations aiding you from preventing sorts of accidents like these. Some folks not only get away with many things via political bs but they get certain things like a "parking lotto" which is basically enability to actually park within the area's parking lot. I can't believe how stupid that even sounds right now, I mean the rest of us gotta wait for the employee bus for the total of 40 minutes+up a day simply waiting for a stupid bus that usually passes us anyways as we wait for the bus behind us. Think about how much money that time is worth vs. how much money you could be saving when able to park in the lot. I say let no man park there if you can't provide a spot for everyone. Forget the whole "oh you can park too" deal. It's driving me sick to the point where I'm about to do something legal about it. I feel like getting some legal help via attorney like one of the employees who did not too long ago, (he's set for life with 250K settlement) the only side effect from that is I probably should do it soon or not at all, due to the fact that they'll have an army of lawyers ready for the second hit.

I don't know, the work place is becoming more of a stressful environment than needbe, that's why I started community college about a year ago, I can't stand the stupid *BLEEP* this company put's us through. I'll probably go law since I don't like to get taken advantaged of in that sense and perhaps someday I'll produce a case against those fools.

My Job Sucks!My job's causing me to be depressed cause it sux!I hate my job because I hate my co-worker and supervisor. My supervisor's anal and exacting, just a *****. Everything has to be done just so. My co-worker's a spiteful fat ***** who'll do anything to publicize my mistakes (even really unimportant, trivial ones) and get me to look incompetent. She treats me like I have to answer to her, and she's not my boss, she's just a stupid co-worker. She's just mad at the world because she's 22 and has no boyfriend, and it's not just that, she's just one of those dreaded difficult people, someone's who is innately a *****. I just talked to my supervisor, because she likes to have meetings frequently, and of course there are always criticisms. It annoys me how my co-worker has missed so much time when I got *****ed out for leaving early two times because I wasn't feeling well. My co-worker always interrupts me, accusing me of making mistakes so other people can hear about it. She lives so far away from the job that it makes her unreliable; my supervisor's the dummy who hired her. Personally, I wouldn't hire someone who lives too far away. Help, I'm really depressed from this job and it's hurting me. I make better money than I ever have but I feel like it's not worth it.

Right now I sit and watch tapes of couples arguing and rate their relationship out of a 100. It's part of a research project at my school, and I'm making 12 an hour for it so really I can't complain. I can, however, complain about when I used to work at Ralph's. This was absolutely the worst job ever. It was ridiculously boring, nobody that worked there was even remotely interesting to talk to. I was basically the manager's slave and she'd make me do some of the most retarded stuff imaginable. Bagging groceries is god awful, especially when you get the *BLEEP* customer that tells you to rearrange by size or alphabetical order (It DOES happen!). All in all, from that experience I will never ever work in a grocery store again.

My job sucks

My Job Sucks!

Alright, I've worked at my job for 7 months now. I've gone from sales associate to assistant manager. I started at 8.50 and have stayed at 8.50, now for some mysterious reason new people who have equal/less work experience than me and are just regular sales associate get paid more than I do.

95% of the time I out sell everyone. I've smiled and smiled and taken all the **** from the customer. The owner once blamed a break in on me because the "first" time in years I forgot to put the "WARNING YOU ARE ON CAMERA" sign up.

Right after than he left a snarky comment because I wasn't doing good at an engraving competition we were having...Couple days later I was beating everyone. The other owner has told me I have **** writing, I was so angry I asked everyone who I worked with if they could read what I wrote, even the customers agreed with me.

The general manager has begged me so many times for me to skip school so I could take over a shift...Um...NO, I'm graduating this year. I have glass in my finger for 2 months and it hurts to do my job. Where is the glass from? Ofcourse our products! I'm not the only person whose injured themselves on that product.

I've asked for a raise, their reply..."Well, you're under 18 we cant!" BULL, my friends dad who works for the government thought that was ridiculous, I am perfectly capable of getting that raise. My poor manager cant do anything about it, she's even told me and my coworkers to quit while we can.

And now I know in case of any emergency don't even bother calling the owners. I've had to stay in the store while the fire alarm was going off (Only time the owners have answered the phone) for 1.5hours, in 2 situations they turned their phones off when the power went out.

One of those situations the owner got mad at us for closing the store (BY LAW YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CLOSE THE STORE, FOR SAFETY), on top of that he got me to climb a ladder in the pitch black and unscrew a heatlamp than he left.

I ******* hate my job

-Angree

MCDONALDS SUCKS!!

My Job Sucks!

I don't give a ---- who reads this, I don't give a ---- if I slander mcdonalds name(franchises & corps..I don't give a damn), I simply don't care. I worked at mc-dumb----donalds for 2 years. Its located on the marine corps military base in quantico virginia. I WILL NOT recommend nobody to allow their kids to work in that ----hole. IT WAS ALWAYS ----IN DRAMA! they work you all the time, have minors working past their limits, send you home and ---- up your hours because ''labor'' gets high. They ----- & complain about the dumbest ----. We mostly had spanish people work in the morning, they got treated like ----, and black people work at night, we really got treated like ----..And we had probably 1 or 2 white people when I was there. The general manager MICHELLE RACIST --- DICKSON use to be the biggest ----- in the world, and her sidekick rick ----- --- pants-stuck-in-the-booty --- swecker was also a pain.

I don't like labeling people as racist but its clear that they were. They talked to the workers as if they were their own kids. They talk down to people. I was only 16 when I got hired, I learned the cash register really quick and caught on to everything very easily, I learned how to do the lot and the lobby the right way, and I learned the grill, I knew how to clean it, make food, cook meat, fry products, wash dishes, make parfaits, bake cookies & apple pies, make salads, stock, make ice coffee, work in the 2nd window while taking orders and getting your own ----in food with noone helping, how to deal with the nagging --- heart attack ridden customers and all that ----. I was literally one of the best ----in workers at that damn place and was still treated like ----, wasnt making enough money, was gettin lots of ----ing hours for me to be only 16 at the time, they didnt give a ----. It would get hot as ---- and we would slave our ---es off with no AC.

The food was disgusting, michelle made people re-use day old melted cheese, even though we had roaches & flies. I MEAN VERY DISGUSTING. Only if people knew what really went on behind the scences. Everyone was treated like ----, mainly the minorities. People expected us to be happy go lucky with a I'm lovin it smile 24/7, but ---- that..We were worked very hard. The ----- use to yell, make judgements, call people names, talk ----.. I mean childish ---- for her to be almost 1,000 years old. She always kept her ----in nose in somebodys business and she spread lots of rumors. At that place, some of the managers was cool, and often made friendships with the crew, some use to hang out outside of work and michelle use to stalk them, then confront them about it. Its like..What the ----? we are not at work, stop worrying about who the ---- I hang out with. Oh and we didnt work as team...At all, workers yelled at each other infront of the customers, cursed and everything.

Yeah we was reckless but who could blame us? they're were plenty sexual relationships between managers and crew. PLENTY!. That place is the ----ing worst. We use to have floods all the time, where the pipes would ---- up and peoples piss, ---- & toilet tissue would be all over the ----in floor, I mean everywhere...And the place would ----in stink for days. And we would have to clean the ---- up. We took alot of ---- at mcdonalds so then everyone stopped givin a ----, we wouldnt clock off on our breaks.. People would steal food, smoke cigs when their not suppose to, DO ALOT OF ILLEGAL ----, we just didnt care. After being treated like ---- after so long..

AND I REMEMBER ONE TIME THE STORE FLOODED AND THE LADY FROM THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT CAME AND MICHELLE DICKSON TOLD EVERYONE TO LOCK THE DOORS AND HIDE. How ----ing disgusting is that?

I seriously wish that place would burn the ---- down.

Now all the good people left, or got fired for g.P. By michelles hatin ---. Now they have a bunch of horny --- lil 14 and 15 year olds who don't know what the ---- their doing, orders are never right, drive thru time is ----ed up. Its just falling apart since the good workers left.

Paybacks a ----- MCDONALDS!

Thats exactly what you get for ----in so many people over.

703-221-7377, call them & tell them they ---- *bottom*.

I'm shocked. I had no idea that so many people are discontent with their job such as myself. We really should form some sort of non-union group and pretty much unite for some commen goal that would in some way satisfy our discontent for our slave-labor, I know I'm compelled to do something about the situation that I'm living in, however I feel that school is the only temporary barrier preventing me from doing so. I'll awaite the day I get my degree, the minute I get to practice law...believe me I will and when that day comes, there will be no two week notice, there will be no ahead notice period. There will be no "goodbyes" or "solongs" or even "it's been real". There will only be one thing if anything at all. Me grabbing my check and never returning my security badge (since I lossed mine due to them giving me a faulty container resulting in it falling out of my container during work and them not paying up 250 for a second one, yeah I spent a week's check simply on having a stupid badge that let me work in the vicinity, because of this I hide my newly purchased badge in my pocket constantly because it's my property currently and they won't even get a glance at it at all. Well that's enough on my rant today, I really just needed a second to rant about the idiocy that I am facing at the moment. Thanks for reading if you were, if not then that's alright too. I entirely understand. Thanks.

Replying to Trap FeedBacker I know how you feel I'm going through the same mess myself .We have this fabled day porter and nobody knows what she does all day .What she don't get done the night crew has to do it .On top of that there is a guy who shows up an hour late for work and does enough to not get fired .So I know what your going thru -reply by disgruntled janitor

Pay Him Back

My Job Sucks!

Replying to Frayed

If I were in your shoes, my next cup of piping hot coffee would fall on HIM as soon as he touched me. "I'm so sorry, but you bumped my arm! It's just a good thing it didn't get you in the eyes." Well, not THIS time anyway...

-reply by Mark Carlton

My job sucks *bottom*. My boss is a douche who doesn't know what the **** he's doin. Theres an annoying as hell redneck ***** working in the morning, and a scheming conniving fat mexican ***** working 2nd shift. I work the graveyard, a shift that I specifically stated I NEVER wanted to work (I have my litle brother and my 7 year old cousin to look after while my mom is at school. And before anyone says anything, yes I live with at home still, I'm between semesters right now.) The only rational people on that staff are me and the assistant manager, because we both know how ****ed up the job is and we are both looking for other work. I work at a Mobil station.-reply by Kanaka

no cash no days off

My Job Sucks!

I work at an animal clinic and get $6.50 an hour and work from 2-3 hours every day after school except every other weekend. I just realized this was getting old about a week ago.And ive been working there for 1 year. (almost) you know what jungle jims is starting to look good to me.

-reply by cody

Ok so the reason why I hate my job is actually undercatogorized in multiple sections, one of which may relate to the legal or unlegal use of telemarketing and telesales schemes. First of all, I work for an insurance company called RIAS in the south of England. This company is particular. I could write a book or two about it to be fair but won't caus I have go to bed and wake up tomorrow morning to go to work. Enough said. They train people for 4 weeks to become so-called ''outbound sales advisor'' and with a fancy name like that, everybody is obviously enticed to at least try the job. That is also along with the great promise of an excellent sales target BONUSES scheme. Which, by the way, is not exactly as they describe it in training. What I do is essentially sitting in front of the computer with a software called INSIGHT and WIDS Outbound connected together for me to receive the calls that come through from an amazingly huge automatic dialler machine that brings up the popup window of your computer, that is coming up for you to speak to the customer. Cold calling. You have a script of specific and well-thought out questions to try to sell home insurance policies to over 50's people. The script has to be followed to the 80% compliance percentage and whoever doesn't get compliant, gets told off. Coming to the core of this ''rant'' (even though it's not really a rant cause otherwise it would have been much more destructive on my part), I hate my job because I always have to repeat the same phrase over and over and over and over again until I finally sell that insurance policy to be able to meet sales/quotes to contact target and eventually even be able to keep my job. That is simply a little taste of what my job actually does entail for me to go through, those are all the pieces of information you need to understand how crappy it is. If you have any further enquiries as to why I hate my job and what it's actually all about, please feel free to contact me at ryser23 att hotmail.ComI'll be more than glad to answer all your questions even in detail if necessary. Spread the WORD! -reply by Paolo

Honeywell and Metrologic

My Job Sucks!

I'm with Metrologic and we just got bought out by these clowns. Sounds like Harry Knowles 'knowles' how to frig things up again.We have been in complete melt down since the patent violations we committed against Symbol Technologies. Its great to know there will be more of the same employee harassment, cheap company policies, and embarrassment for working for these pieces of ****.

Looks like Knowels matched up with another winner at the gay bar. I've had it with this ****, kissing *bottom* from Asia to Germany. Honeywell and Metrologic, so happy together until we organize a lawsuit to take these down.

-reply by brian

I HATE MY JOB BECAUSE

My Job Sucks!

EVERY HOLIDAY WEEK THEY CUT MY HOURS BY A DAY AND SAY YOUR GETTING PAYED HOLIDAY PAY BUT IN FACT SINCE I WORK 10 HOUR DAYS I TECHNICALLY don't GET A BONUS FOR HOLIDAY I GET A PAY CUT IN FACT THE GYP ME 2 HOURS EVER HOLIDAY THEY don't ALLOW OVERTIME, THEY TAKE MY BREAKS OUT EVEN KNOW I don't TAKE ONE AND THEY ARE AWESOME CO-WORKERS BUT MAN CAN A GUY GET SOME EXTRA MONEY HERE NOOOOOOOO EVEN IF SOMEONE CALLS OFF YOU GET TO COME IN THEY CUT ANOTHER DAY FROM YA ***!

-reply by ANGRY WOLF

The worst job ever

My Job Sucks!

I work at a craft store. Sounds easy enough, right?

I worked their part time, then went full time and took a supervisory position.

The Client�le

The customers are the most miserable people on earth. The majority of the customers are miserable, have something to complain about, call corporate, ask to speak to a manager, or run out of the store screaming their heads off.

I am not exaggerating when I say the majority.

We do not have a public restroom any longer due to legal issues regarding safety and wheelchair capability (It doesn't fit one). Customers are fuming about it, and we can't let them use ours because it's in the stock room (where we keep the cash) and its also where we keep merchandise. We only have 2 people working at a time, so it's not like we could baby sit them back there either.

They are constantly screaming and threatening to sue us about the bathrooms! It's crazy!

The Boss -

The boss is lazy, inefficient, unintelligent, and stubborn. I haven't been able to take a day off in 4 months. Every time I have a day I need off for a doctors appointment (I am at high risk for cancer, my appointments are important!) A personal day, a vacation, every single day off for the past 4 months have been denied. I have 56 hours unused, that at the end of the year, will go into thin air, and we're not allowed to use them during holiday (which is October until January).

The Work -

I am the merchandiser. I empty the entire stock room. Every single shipment, every single thing that comes into the store, I plan and put out. I am 100 lbs, 5 feet tall. I have two slipped discs. I'm 18 years old. Not only do I have to do the same amount of work we used to split between 5 people when I was part time, I now have to do it in 35 hours that I work a week, even though the job description promised 40 hours. AND I am the only person who does customer service during the day.

I think it's time to find a new job.

-reply by Jessica