xisto Community
ORION

Lcd Computer Screens

Personally I would stick with the CRT's because they are simply cheaper and have a much quicker response rate than an lcd, of course an lcd can have good response time to but that costs money so for the time being ill stick with my 15" crt ( i will be upgrading soon to hopefull a 19", 15" is just too small these days).

I Have Problem With My Notebook Lcd Its DarkI Change Windows Option but Its Not GoodHow Can i Fix This ProblemMy Notebook Is Asus 2500

i envy all of you guys... in our contry which is the philippines lcd monitorscost about around 25 to 70 THOUSAND pesos.. so its really hard for a student likeme to have a very expensive computer periperal.

I bought my LCD screen some time before it was used as home pc moniters ... I bought it from some office for 500 pounds.I think its 17" my mum bought it for me because I was on te verge of getting glasses and she needed a safer to eyes screen...LCD are better for your eyes so she bought one of those for me.I can't stand normal ones because they flicker and make my eyes really water.Anyways antitrust please stop TRIPLE posting every where, I keep having to delete the extra ones where you COULD of deleted yourself. You also in another topic copied and pasted what I wrote...it was EXACTLY the same. I also deleted that. If it is your computer's problem sort it out! You have been warned

i got a 17 in DigiSHARP Sony FlatScreen Monitor that works with any program/video game. I love it and it works for me.. it costed 500$ how much for the lcd? and is there any pictures? just wondering :-D

Antitrust, this is an exact copy of MuTeD's post on the first page of thos topic. Well...

You are learning a lot here and we are learning from you too :D

STOP THIS SPAMSHIT!

Edited by googlue (see edit history)

CRT's flicker yes, but if you crank up the refresh rate then you wont notice it, and i have perfect visio and still do. also i have a question about LCD monitors, what does DP mean and whats the difference from 27dp to 25dp, besides the fact that the 25dp is another $50 or so?

Dot Pitch:

The distance between a dot and the closest dot of the same colour (red, green or blue) on a color CRT. Dot pitch is typically from 0.28 to 0.51 mm but large presentation monitors may go up to 1.0 mm. The smaller the dot pitch, the crisper the image, 0.31 or less provides a sharp image, especially when displaying text.

Dot pitch measurements between conventional tubes and Sony's Trinitron tubes are roughly, but not exactly comparable. Sony's CRTs use vertical stripes, not dots, and its measurement is the distance between stripes, not the diagonal distance between dots.

So lower dp (dot pitch) means less distance between the pixels, and therefore more detail. This is really important for LCD monitors because unlike CRTs, the pixels are fixed in place.

Lower DP = more detailed image

Now that will cost me so much money to buy. I am not at all thinking of getting any of those. The good ol' monitor is kool enbough for me/:D

Well, I don't have a "moniter" per say. However, I do have this computer hooked up to the 37" Sharp Aquos (LCD) via S-video. I do have side bars since the TV is 16:9 format, however the picture is worth it ( size and clarity). I'm looking into getting a smaller LCD screen that I will use for just computing so I can watch TV and be on the computer at the same time. Also, I'd love to get rid of this CRT monitor.EDIT: If someone wants a picture to see the picture, id be happy to post, but my camera wont do the picture justice.

i am still using my monitor from 1996, it's a 17inch ibm g70, i could use an upgrade, but no extra money to spend for a monitor, i would probably get a crt again unless i found a lcd for a good price, the only nice thing IMO about lcd's are their size, crt's seem better in all other avenues

I am also very happy with my LCD computer screen. I got it when I replaced my old computer about two years ago and it has an amazing picture. I would highly recommend buying one of these if you need a new monitor. Mine is a Samsung SyncMaster 192N so if your LCD monitor isn't good it is your brand that is the problem.

On my computer I have a Samsung SyncMaster 930B monitor. It's a 19 inch LCD. Color, resolution and response time are great. Way better than the 17 inch CRT I used to use.

I've got a 19" Dell LCD and have had it now for almost a year. I love it! I mostly do regular computer work like web files and graphics. I know that CRT's are better for fast gaming but for the games that I play, like Civilization and Age of Empires, my LCD is fast enough.