xisto Community
pinosh

What's Your Fav Adventure Game? being adventurer.......fells being alive

Its a hard decision. But i would have to go with GTA Vice city. It is an amazing game. It isnt one of those easy games you beat really quickly. It is one of those games you have to play for a few months before you even get close to beating it. ANd everyonee just keeps gettin better and better.

I'm sure some of you might consider it an RPG rather than and adventure game. But technically all adventure games are RPGs so whatever. Plus this game is pretty much centered around it's adventure aspect.My favorite adventure game is FFVII.It's gameplay is awesome.It's graphics are pretty good for it's time.It's storyline is the best.I mean you just can't be FFVII.FFVII = Final Fantasy 7

my favorite adventure game will have to be super mario 64 it may be a old game but it is a fun game to kill time. I also like to play kingdom hearts when i am bored but when i need a quick adventure fix i play mario 64.

Edited by street (see edit history)

I think I liked most Tomb Raider: Legend. Anniversary is too long and brakes playing experience. Prince of Persia is also my favourite, couse of the complicated puzzles and battles :)

My favorite adventure game (classic) has to be the first game in the series, "Tales of the Unknown", "The Bard's Tale." It came out in the late 80's and I first played it on the Apple ][+. Prior to that game, every game had been a variant on an arcade theme of one kind or another. It was released on several platforms, Commodore 64, IBM PC-DOS, Apple ][gs even had a seperate version from the Apple ][ version.

Being a fairly simple game, you can still play it today on modern hardware. The PC-DOS version will run directly on Windows XP and if you're using Linux, check out the DOS emulator, DOSBOX. The DOSBOX project page is here : http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1

You can download version to run on several platforms including Windows (for those older games that won't run on Microsoft Windows XP or others) Mac OSX, IBM's OS2, BeOS, Risc, several varieties of Linux and even FreeBSD. Many of those old abandoned DOS games are still floating around out there on the internet. Not least of which is The Bard's Tale! You can find all three games that were released as well as the construction set:

The Bard's Tale Series:
1. Tales of the Unknown
2. The Destiny Knight
3. The Thief of Fate
The Bard's Tale Construction Set

All of the executable files are here as well as the manuals, code wheels (where needed), hint books and even complete walk-throughs.

Yes, it's a straightforward game to play, but there are a multitude of dungeons to explore, and just finding some of the dungeons at all is tricky. You'll need to make maps, which means graphing. Paper is the most immersive, but a spreadsheet program (Excel, OpenOffice's Spreadsheet, etc...) will do nicely too.

Be wary when checking out the Adventurer's Guild web site as there are spoiler's, especially in the forum's section. After all, these games have been out for 20 years or so. And even if you played them long ago, they can still be fun to replay. For one thing, you may remember less than you would believe and for another, the nostalgia of killing the Berserker's in Harkyn's Castle, caries a nostalgia all it's own.

Have fun!

My favourite adventure games are Monkey Island and The Secrets of Da Vinci... i played both of them like few times and they are still not boring... monkey island is like the best...

Mine favorite game ever is GTA (Grand Theft Auto). A game full of Adventure as well as Action. Its a multi packed game. grand Theft Auto provides all that we need, right from the driving, mission, money, racing and killing cops and people. Its a best game ever. the best thing I liked in these game is to drive the country side by listing the favorite radio channel's. These game is a real pack of all adventure that any one needs.Have A Great Gaming.