xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Professor Kirby

How To Sustain Hosting Credits A guide for the members

Well its true it issent hard to post and It was never... But for me its hard to find something to post about and thats where I loosing most of my time. But this forum is very fun and interactive and I like it very much. Hope that I find something more to post about after this. :P lol

I swear on the effectiveness of that algorithmic credit-reward system. I just pulled myself from -24 or so (ouch!) to +0.4 with not that much effort, just half a dozen or so decent posts.The main reason I have trouble posting (and hence the -24 deficit) is that I can't find interesting stuff to talk about really. Well, allow me to rephrase - I can't find interesting posts on technical things (yeah, I'm a nerd... gonna do something, punk? :P). I'm beginning to think I shoulda signed up for Xisto instead. Then again, since I've got nothing on my account anyways, picking up stakes wouldn't be hard.Any mods around feel like advising me? I've got nothing to lose... (zero files on server, all of 0.4 hosting credits)

the problem i keep seeing here is that more and more people are just posting because they have to and because they want to. No one searches to see if what they're about the post has been posted before, i think it's just because they don't care. and some admin's don't seem to care either it seems. I think if they deleted all the topics and especially polls there would be very few here at all.round

the problem i keep seeing here is that more and more people are just posting because they have to and because they want to. No one searches to see if what they're about the post has been posted before, i think it's just because they don't care. and some admin's don't seem to care either it seems. I think if they deleted all the topics and especially polls there would be very few here at all.round

It isn't that they don't care about the same thing posted twice, it is the fact that people are to lazy to search. We all do it, even mods and admins I am sure. Even if they do see that it has been posted before, they will post again to earn extra hosting credits for telling the story or something. If they deleted all topics people would love to be here because they could have a million new topics to start all over again. They come for the free hosting but stay for the people at Xisto in the end.

I honestly prefer Xisto as compared to Xisto's forums because here at Xisto the topic range are much wider. I can chat about anything under the sun really. This is good because there are many times in Xisto I scratch my head trying to think of what to say to the technical issues that are discussed. I'm not so much of a technology expert and so those technical and programming threads are way beyong me. Personally I prefer to talk about life issues, human relationships, etc. That's my interest, oh and also flash development =pWell lets keep on talking about anything under the sun ya, that's what a community does, we dun just talk about work the whole day long do we. We talk about our families, our worries, our joys, etc. That's what makes a closer community i feel..