xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Professor Kirby

How To Sustain Hosting Credits A guide for the members

I sometimes see Xisto members complaining about spending hours a day in an attempt to sustain hosting credits. This is especially true in the reviews. It really isn't that hard. Here's my advice on doing so efficiently.1. The number of posts you make at Xisto doesn't determine how many credits you receive. The staff even announced it, and it should be quite obvious, really. Credits are determined by the content and quality of your posts. Make longer ones, I guess.2. So how do I sustain a nifty amount of credits? First, set a time you can post at Xisto based on how much work you have to do otherwise. It can be even only in the weekends and in as little time as ten minutes. And that's all the time it takes to write a high quality post. In fact, I typed up a topic in five minutes. That gave me about seven credits. And those seven credits are all that's required to last the whole week.3. Remember, this is Xisto! I checked out Xisto (our partner site), and it's quite technical. Here, you don't have to worry about that kind of stuff. Xisto is more discussion-oriented. You enjoy connecting with other members and have fun doing so.4. Learn to type! This is quite a useful skill and because our society is becoming more computer literate, learning to type can become quite necessary in the future.5. Don't waste time. Your session in the trap forums should be coming here, clicking on a topic, gathering your thoughts, and sharing them. This is guaranteed to save you a lot of time.Using these skills has helped me use Xisto more efficiently. I'd also be glad if this helped you as well.If you have any suggestions for members on how to make the most out of their time in Xisto, please share them here.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Pinned at the request of a member. Feel free to un-pin if required

thats a good suggest that all members old and young should do as well, to help make this a bigger community keep the popularity up as well.

I sometimes see Xisto members complaining about spending hours a day in an attempt to sustain hosting credits. This is especially true in the reviews. It really isn't that hard. Here's my advice on doing so efficiently.

1. The number of posts you make at Xisto doesn't determine how many credits you receive. The staff even announced it, and it should be quite obvious, really. Credits are determined by the content and quality of your posts. Make longer ones, I guess.

2. So how do I sustain a nifty amount of credits? First, set a time you can post at Xisto based on how much work you have to do otherwise. It can be even only in the weekends and in as little time as ten minutes. And that's all the time it takes to write a high quality post. In fact, I typed up a topic in five minutes. That gave me about seven credits. And those seven credits are all that's required to last the whole week.

3. Remember, this is Xisto! I checked out Xisto (our partner site), and it's quite technical. Here, you don't have to worry about that kind of stuff. Xisto is more discussion-oriented. You enjoy connecting with other members and have fun doing so.

4. Learn to type! This is quite a useful skill and because our society is becoming more computer literate, learning to type can become quite necessary in the future.

5. Don't waste time. Your session in the trap forums should be coming here, clicking on a topic, gathering your thoughts, and sharing them. This is guaranteed to save you a lot of time.

Using these skills has helped me use Xisto more efficiently. I'd also be glad if this helped you as well.

If you have any suggestions for members on how to make the most out of their time in Xisto, please share them here.

204182[/snapback]

Very nice, that should clear up alot of questions. Even though it was mentioned in previous posts. i have a question of my own though relevent to this. What happens when you dont sustain it ? do you lose your site completely (deleted) or do you have a change to redeem yourself in some way to re-earn your site back?, i think it would be somewhat unfair if you just lost your site that took forever just because you didnt have the time or credits.

Dear Anarchyboard88,From what I've learned hanging around here, after you apply for hosting, you'll have to cumulate credits to keep your site up (one credit equals to one day). Once you reach anything below zero (-1, -2, etc.), your site will be suspended. All the information will still remain intact, but you have to regain the credits until it reaches the positive numbers (1, 2, etc.), when it'll soon be automatically unsuspended. Don't let your credits get to -30, that's when your site gets deleted. If you have a problem and can't tend to your site, then you can temporarily put up Xisto's flash banners, which will ensure your site to not get deleted (if the Administrators see their banners on every page, they won?t delete your site). The flash banners can be found in the Announcements section (also go there for more info). Likewise, if you don?t feel like posting in the forums, Xisto.net is also another option. They don?t have the Advanced Cpanel and the features that let you control every aspect of your site like Xisto.com, but it?s still do-able. My advice to you is to choose what you like based on your resources.Best,Professor Kirby (PK)

... you have to regain the credits until it reaches the positive numbers (1, 2, etc.), when it'll soon be automatically unsuspended.

Actually 4 is the required number. And the script which reinstates you is run hourly, so get to the 4 credits and wait for the script to run is more correct.

If you have a problem and can't tend to your site, then you can temporarily put up Xisto's flash banners, which will ensure your site to not get deleted ...

First I have heard of this. I think the Terms of Service state that at minus 30 credits, your account is gone. Period.

The best way to earn credits is being slow and steady. This is a secret, but will definately help those members who feel they are in a locked situation.Members who had been suspended will say you that, Getting credits from -X to a positive value was peice of cake. Because, at Xisto, We think more for you. We are on your side. We try our best to keep YOUR site active.The credits are given in an algorithmic rate. So as soon as you go on collecting more credits, the system gives you less amount of credits per post.So, instead of coming to trap and accumulating credits for 2-3 weeks, if you just spend 1 min every 3-4 days, you are done for the week. Or as "Professor Kirby" said, you can spend 10 mins a day to get credits for a week.Thanks.

I agree with most of the points made by Professor Kirby for sustaining the credits in trap seventeen dot com forums. As far as my experience is concerned not only long posts but a long post should be readable, which make sense and also make sense in terms of punctuations and grammers as well.

It is also good to make paragraphs or break space/line if the post is getting longer. When one sees one post which is almost filling up half of the page but without line break is not only boring to see but difficult to read because sometimes you get lost where you are. And all these are being noticed by moderators and admins, I suppose. Because it reflects in credits.

Another thing I notice is, instead of posting many in one forum, if we post in different forums - like one is sports, another in general, still another in members' area, like this also helps increase credits because it simply shows how much one is participating in making the community.

I hope this helps to some, atleast!

Hi professor,This is knowlege pool. I understand people complaining about getting credits and all . Because most of the people have joined forum just to have free hosting.But if we take this forum beyond only free hosting, It will be a more learning experience.I totally agree with you that quality is what matter more on this forum and this is what i belive will make people come back to this forum again and again.. Knowlege Pool

But if we take this forum beyond only free hosting, It will be a more learning experience.

Yes I agree with Knowledge Pool on this point..that this forum is a source of knowledge as well..becasue over here we get to know the problem which people face and in turn other members try to help with whatever knowledge they have..due to this what happens is that everyone comes to learn about lot of new things and get to know what can be done to fix things up.

Not only this...I will say that personally I get new information from the forums without having to go to different news websites or any other informative website...and this thing saves lot of time..and people still complain in staying active in the forums and about credits.

This is for those guyz, who complain about staying active in forums and about credits :

If you fail to recognize the benefits of this community and dont have enough time to participate in the forum then there is a site for you which is reliable and is reputed also..which is Xisto.NET

And everyone knows that nothing is free in this world..you have to give something to get what you want...so if you want a service with no ads..then start posting otherwise Xisto.NET is the best alternative for you!

I am not here just for the free hosting. Knowledge pool is right as well as mayank. Of course I originally came here for the free hosting but I like to hang out in forums. When my host died so did the forums I posted at. I enjoy posting in forums like this. Forums like this is where I first got into web design, and making sigs, and computers. Without them I would probably be watching tv right now. lol Xisto ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! :)

Kuddo Mayankyou are on right track. people fail to recognise the value of the knowlege they gain by being the part of any forum. it gives you an opportunity to express your views and gain from others experiences. Moreover you can find like minded people , talking to you at your wavelength. And then , if someone really wants to rate this forum on free hosting . Still he must give full credits to the brains behind it, who offers you FREE and I mean Free space without annoyoing ad's and pop up's.I belive even time spend on this forum for gaining hosting credits is worth as you only post on the topic of interest and end up ladding to your knowlege base @ PlenopticI appreciate you for confession regarding the free hosting. But Here I can say that INITIally what attracts people to forum is FREE HOSTING, but really kept them hooked is the platform forum provide to vent out , share and learn.Knowlege Pool

Notice from mayank:
Merging two posts..Please make sure that you are not making two posts continuosly..if you want to add something more to your post then click on the report button
Edited by mayank (see edit history)

I think Xisto is heading the right way in terms of posting requirement hosting. They build a positive community through which people are encouraged to post quality material, on a regular basis. I always here people complaining that its insanely difficult to gain hosting credits. quotes like... "I already posted 3 TimeEZ and NO hosting CredITz WTF". These kinds of people are most likely not the types that Xisto staff members wish to have here. Having the mentality of solely gaining hosting credits based on quality posts, brings out the positive online comunity.