xisto Community
Elegost

Be Your Own Webhost

Hey smart 1 i got a T1 connection and u know i wouldnt go running your mouth about other peeps and doing stuff when u dont know their capablities im a pc tech ajust getting into networking and already know alot i mean i guarantee u put me to the test on a pc tech and web design exam i wamp most peeps u shouldnt be so quick to judge bro  :D

207204[/snapback]

I was saying that as a reminder to beginnners who may not have the experience necessary to run and secure a PC for server use.

Note: This is just my two cents on this. Don't take it personally. I don't mean to hurt anybody's feelings.

Can't you read?

if you want to host people just get a vps (virtual private server) or seseller account or even a dedicated server and let the datacenter and the hosting company sort it out

I tried this with netscape thing or whatever, one of the files cant be deleted... So now I have this gay folder with *BLEEP* in it that can't be deleted cuz the exe is protected. I would love to try this with appache, but sucks I can't put my computer on 24/7.

Its a good tutorial, but i think it can only be used for testing purposes or just for fun. You can't just let your PC go on 24/7 and maintaining your PC could very well be costlier than hosting your web on one of the best pro hosting companies. Hence you cannot term it as free hosting.One good thing about doing this will be that you will be able to know how everything works. It is best suited for people who want to learn networking and for people who want to test their webpages before uploading them.

if you want to host people just get a vps (virtual private server) or seseller account or even a dedicated server and let the datacenter and the hosting company sort it out

how do I make my server read php codes?

how do I make my server read php codes?

you have to tinstall the php parser, and configure it with the server, if you're using windows it's part of the install.