xisto Community
irwanvedder

How To Save *.swf From A Web Site? freeware or shareware...

Actually I've managed to save the SWF in my hard disk.... The only problem is that the Flash Presentation will be auto-closed right away after a few seconds it was load..(using the Flash Player).. My guess that it was protected by some kind of scripting... I think that the author's motive of doing this is to only let people view the SWF from his website...

Now there's one chance to inform people that the best browser isn't FireFox, cause the browser that has a excellent plugin to save swf files from any website pages is:

- Maxthon

Hah, i'm going to have to disagree with you on that. Why? Because Firefox already has a tool to download swf files built into it...no need to download a plugin.

It's rather simple to do:

1) Goto the webpage that you want to get the flash file from.

2) Click the Tools menu, and select Page Info

3) Click on the Media Tab

4) Select the file you want

5) Click the save as button.

And there you have it. Much easier than the other options listed so far...and it's already built into Firefox. (sorry, just had to get a last prod in :)).

Alright, here are the two options that i use.

When using Internet explorer use a software called Aevita Save Flash. You can get it from http://www.aevita.com/sitemap/ . If this one doesnt suit you try googling. There are tons of such tools for Internet Explorer.

If you are a Firefox user,then go to Tools -->PageInfo---->Media. This will display all the media files associated with the page. If you navigate through it you'll be able to find the swf you need. And you're done when you have located it .Just save it to your hard disk and thats it..

unprotecting

How To Save *.swf From A Web Site?

Does anyone know how to save a file that is protected?

When I download it, I don't get the real file, because it has some crazy protection...

-reply by Miicro

Now there's one chance to inform people that the best browser isn't FireFox, cause the browser that has a excellent plugin to save swf files from any website pages is:
- Maxthon
First of all, start using this browser by downloading it and install it from:

http://www.maxthon.com/

Then, after you install it, of course, open it, if you don't like the default skin, wich many maxthon users don't, go to the Maxthon home page and you'll see there a button to the plugins, skins page.

With the Maxthon opened, open a page where you know there's a flash animation that you want (*.swf), and after the page has been fully loaded, click the button that has the symbol of the flash (with a letter f) and then click the "save" radio button and then right click the name of the animation wich is above the radio buttons at your left end, and save it in to your documents or whereever you want to save.

If that button isn't next to the other normal toolbars, do this:

click view menu, then toolbars button, then click plugins bar.

After that, the plugins toolbar will show up where you can obviously see many plugins (buttons) in an horizontal toolbar, where there's also the button wich has the letter f.

You don't have to buy for programs like:

- saveflash
- flash keeper
- flash saver
- flash manager

Just start using the Maxthon browser and you'll have a great plugin to save the swf file, and if you search the Maxthon plugins website, you'll find plugins for many things, like for:

- All the internet explorer plugins
(go to the options menu and configure it all)

- Gmail

- ViewSource!
(If you click this button with a website opened, you'll see all the html and scripts code in a snap, it's 1000000 times more better then the view source code in firefox and even of the internet explorer

- EnableRightClick
(If you click this button with a website opened, if wil enable the right click in websites that have protection against it.)

- And much more, but i'm not going to show them all here as you may imagine why.

Don't look for a plugin or program to save flash animations from websites cause it's almost impossible to find one good as good as the one within the Maxthon browser.

Thank you for the help! nice!

i think you're all making this too complicated:

view -> page source, search for the swf file, find the one you want to download.

open up your favourite text editor, type the following text:

<a href="url of file">h</a>

save the file as whatever.html

open up the file in your favourite browser, right-click the text 'h', -> save link as.

voila!

Good news

How To Save *.swf From A Web Site?

Replying to _R_Crazy_IdiotReplying to irwanvedder

Try opening the link in IE. After playing the video, go to your IE cache (Temporary Internet Files) and scroll through the files. One of them should be an .Flv. THAT'S the one you want. See, Adobe converts for you already. Just copy the file to your Desktop or get an online converter to change it to .Avi etc,. Hope this helps.

-reply by James

I want to get an interactive Flash animation, but the usual methods can't seem to save it--it seems to be composed of multiple Flash files linked to each other. I used Flash Saver but it did,t work, cause some of the files have the same names, only the path varies, and when I download they all go to the same folder so only one of the ones with the same name is downloaded. I aldo tried to change the names or put them in folders named as their paths online, but the likages are always lost :(Any ideas?The URL is : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ by Mariana

HOW TO SAVE FLASH FROM WEB PAGESHow To Save *.swf From A Web Site?

hi! on my opinion, the best programm 4 saving any flash animation fom web pages is FlashFetcher 1.0. Its easy and nice. It has also a free trial version without time limit. I really  like this software and I'm sure you will do too!))

try it:  http://geovid.com/rdg.html?  

-reply by nataly