xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
michaelper22

Earth Is The Best Free Program In Town

I have had Google Earth installed since before the summer, and feel that everyone who has Windows 2000 or XP should download it. The program is really worth the bandwidth it uses. A 3D view of the Earth, the various layers, and the bookmarks put it all together. I just wish the pictures could be a little more hi-resolution.

I guess I have to agree with R_Crazy_Idiot. I got Google Earth somewhere, but I've used it just once, well my parents did, to find a house they would have bought in France if it wasnt snatched away from them a few days before they where gonna buy it.Anyway, this tool is probably handy if you want to go on vacation and want to check the color of the sea, or how the hills look from 300 km in the air

I downloaded it a couple weeks ago and I use it a couple times a week. Of course it probably is because I am bored or putting off my homework but I like to get real close to the Earth and have it span and see where I end up. Shows how easily I am ammused. lol It could be useful though for directions and to see stuff maybe before you buy land . Who knows but it could be a good resource for someone.

I remember using it a couple of times, and I was blown away by what it could do. It takes up a bit of memory, but if you run that program only and/or you have computer that's two years old or less you shouldn't have any problems.

I've heard of this program before, but never actually seen it myself. I might download this to see what all the fuss is about.It sounds good anyhow, and I'm sure it is. Google's stuff is always usually quite good!

What an amazing free program !!! I was a little disappointed when I couldnt be seen anywhere around the house lol... but even that can't daunt it :angry:. zooming in to a single place from looking at the whole earth just strikes you at how small places are and how big the planet actually is, what with fast planes and now travel to anywhere. Watching mountains in 3D is just amazing too :angry: