xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Goosestaf

Account Access Issues I cannot access FTP and cPanel

Not sure if its just me and my area, but all Xisto sites are not loadingk, and i can't access my FTP or cpanel.any feedback>?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
In the future if you make another accusing topic title a warning will be issued.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Stop making topic title as though there's something wrong with Xisto's service! Your site (Heartless Creation) is loading just fine and I can access my cPanel as well (since I don't have your password I can't say the same for your end). Before you make a conclusion hold tight for a while and see if the problem persists. Editing topic title.

sorry, i didn't mean to cause offense.i will be more careful in future.but i've experienced this problem times before and its quite odd and i'm not sure whats going on. I can't view mine or any other hosted Xisto sites. :P Its been like it for 2 days now nearlly so i had been waiting it out to see if it sorted itself out. but like i said, i wasn't sure if it was jsut me or if everyone experienced the issue.

Possible Solutions

Option #1

Add *.trap17.com to your trusted sites list.

Option #2

Download an alternative browser such as firefox or opera and try accessing your site from there.

============

I assume that you are using ie and get a cannot find server error when accessing certain sites.

I, and others, have got that and found that either of the two above options solved the problem.

edit: fixed size tags

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

also try deleting your cookies and web history that could help out as well with your problem.

Thanks both of you, but i tried it all and nothing is working :PIt's really very confusing . . . . and bad sicne i'm trying to get some sites tested and done :PThing is though this happened to me before. . . . it wouldn't load any Xisto websites when iw as home or 6thform. . . .Now i'm at UNI and it won't work on my pc from my room or the other computers on campus. . . . . I doubt they would have blocked Xisto sites. . . coz other wise they wud have blocked ww.trap17.com + forums aswell :D . . .and yes u were right about the IE message, and firefox says "the page contains no data" . . .which is puzzeling to me (i dnt use ff normally, this coudl jsut be normal)any other ideas/input?

As of now I can see your site "Heartless Creation" with brick wall as a background. This is stated that I can see your site.

It's strange that you cannot access your site from both home and school. Would you know another person that can try to see your site? Can you connect to FTP? Can you connect to cPanel http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ? Can you click on this link and see your site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ?

well b4 when i was at school i cudnt access it when it was not laoding.i'm at University now and havign the same problems.none of thsoe links worked. . . .bassicly... anything related to any Xisto hosting isnt laoding for me :Pbassicly, only the forums and main page load.all hosting just doesnt load.and when i say anything i mean anything, not jus my account, anyone else's Xisto sites dont load for me :Pits reall really weird

i thinkyour isp haz blocked the 69.50.188.18.if you wanna manage the site hosted on the Xisto,then get out of your school and using another isp connecting way to access the cpanel or your site.---i know on some countries the school internet don't allow the person using it access the site abroad,but you still can view the Xisto.com and it's forum,so i just think that 69.50.188.18 is on the black list of them.okay,the problem solved i think.it's not the things about the service of trap.

well its not Xisto's serivce.and i've tried accessing ANY Xisto hosted websites without luck on numerous PCs and Macs.are you suggesting my university net provider has blocked the Xisto hosting servers? thats plausable i suppose.I mean i had to persuade them to give me granted access to use Cpanels and get the FTP program i use access aswell.

try some proxy to access it.proxyabc.com would gave you the ip of proxy.and i think,the problem you got is very strange,that the server of 69.50.188.18 is just at the same place with the Xisto.com.how was that happened,oh..tried another internet service provider i suggested.if you had friends on IM,let them to check the site hosted here.if they can access or not,which isp they are using.that you will know how to solve it.our site runs normally,so the problem is on you,sir.:P.be patient.

Like Bufalo help just said, i'm goign to go and report this and find out what's happening. As the University has its internet access from the same source (jaynenet), which is the same ultra high connection which alot of university's share in the UK it could be a problem larger than just what my UNI (worcester) can solve.But i'm gonna go down now and see what happens.

i went and tlaked to the IT department and apparently last week, roughly the day when it stopped working was when they did some updates. . . and they said its probably likely that this has caused maybe the site to be blocked or taken of the acceptance access list.But i won't no for sure till monday, hopefully.I will keep ya posted!

well, woke up this morning, and now everything is working fine for me :Pits only sunday and i didnt think the appropriate IT staff were in till monday, and i haven't received an email from them to say they've done anything. . . .so weither they have done something or the problem jsut solved itself. . . .still quite a mystery to me. . . .but thank you everyone for your help :P