xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Trainer

Pokemon

I can't say I enjoy the Pokemon show in particular, it went to heck after Misty left. She was like, the one good character. >_>;...

In your opinion anyway...

But I still enjoy the games. While I can't really say I like the Coliseum/XD format of the games, I enjoy the old RPGs.....they were so fun. :lol:

Yeah, the old RPGs were way cool. I hardly ever got to try em though. I like the new LeafGreen one though... pretty nice remake of Blue version.

I like..too many pokemon. I'd like any cute one. And, a lot of them are cute. Unlike teh Ugly Yu-gi-oh! Monsters...*shudders*

204990[/snapback]

Not all the Yu-Gi-Oh! Monsters are ugly, but you have to realise that Yu-Gi-oh is based more on battling, as you can only use them in battle. Whileas pokemon are like pets, you can use em anywhere and it's all about caring for them. This makes a big difference in the way they look. And then again, we all have our own opinions...

I don't remember if I posted in this topic already so...I still like pokemon, I remember days at school when everyone had pokemon red or blue and traded like all the time. I still like the generic Gameboy type of pokemon, but I also really like the newer version on The Gamecube, Pokemon: Gale of Darkness was really fun probably because you didn't have to start with starters, and you could choose between the 5 eevee Evolutions (My favourite Pokemon was Eevee). I also just started Pokemon Emerald and am loving it so far.Also, I liked pokemon cards, though there was alot, like some had those Gameboy Advanced Card Reader thing on the sides, the layout for the cards kept changing, I wished they just kept it the same, like Yugioh Cards. I actually never really collected many pokemon cards, and am kinda happy I didn't spend to much money on them (unlike Yugioh) but now I feel like playing with them again, since Pokemon TCG for the GBC, I've been waiting for a new Pokemon Card game for GBA, GCN, or DS, I would love that so much, but I doubt it will happen since with that, most card sales (if many at all) will plummet (or so they think). One can only dream...

some had those Gameboy Advanced Card Reader thing on the sides

I think that thing you are reffering to is called the E-Reader. The E-Reader cards were cool cards, with the special designs and the data you could get from scanning 'em... it makes me wonder why the E-Reader was never released in the UK and was also very rare in the US.

since Pokemon TCG for the GBC, I've been waiting for a new Pokemon Card game for GBA, GCN, or DS, I would love that so much, but I doubt it will happen since with that, most card sales (if many at all) will plummet (or so they think). One can only dream...

we've all wanted an updated TCG Nintendo game to come out, but it seems no-one is intrested in making it...
And I think they're right to think that the saless of Pokemon TCG Cards will eventually plummet. With the yearly world tournaments, newer decks are becoming "outdated" every year, and to be honest, you will need the newest decks to even PLAY a game. Not many people like this, so it probably won't last...

The think with pokemon is that i liked it because of their show, but then there were wayyyyy too many season to keep waiting for so i lost interest. Full Metal Alchemist is by far the best anime i've ever seen . ;)

Nothing wrong with Pokemon really. The anime does not have much to it though - even from the start, years ago I remember growing bored fast. The amount of fillers and useless stuff is abundant - how many bloody episdoes does it take to travel to another town and battle a gym leader? ;)The games on the whole are much better though. I finally got my hands on Emerald just a few months ago and it's pretty damn good. I've spent more time playing it that Final Fantasy X ;). The inclusion of Contests, Berries, Battle Frontier etc are really great and stretch the lifespan of the game much more. Not to mention all the legendary Pokemon to catch as well. I find too many people just dislike Pokemon because it's the cool thing to do. I'd have to say though, the Gameboy games are well worth a play and should not simply be regarded as childish.

Does anyone here interested in pokemon?? Which is your favourite pokemon?

Notice from saint-michael:
move to gamers arena, also this is a warning on posting on a one liner, maybe put some more into your post, along with a more descriptive topic title as well.

200270[/snapback]

i actually hate pokemon i used to play it at one time but then i just got boring, one of my mats collects them and plays the actual game with the cards and he loves it i just think its a waste of money

I remember my brother watching Pokemon on TV before. ;) He was already in highschool then but he still watches it every week. I never really got interested in it, maybe because Anime doesn't appeal that much to me or it's just too cutesy-cutesy (with pichachu and the other monsters that are not scary). ;)

And there was one card I think it was called the Charz Art or something like that. It was worth $50. I was thinking "why would I pay that much just for a card??" but some people actually go crazy over it. I don't even know what it's supposed to do.

They were some really fun games, even if they were made for kids. I started playing them back in 4th or 5th grade. I'm in 10th grade now, and I just got the biggest urge to go play.