xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dart-kun

Sonic Adventure 2 : Battle Its all about the Chao raising.

Hey everyone, what's up? I was scrollin around the internet and came across the site, signed up, and saw the posts in here about chao help and I figured why not dish out some helpful tips and tricks and other things I've picked up over the years of playing SA2 on Dreamcast and SA2B on Gamecube. So here's what I got:

Basic Stuff:

Everyone who plays Sonic knows what chao are, their very cute little creatures that you can raise and love as if they were a child of your own. They reside in a realm known as Chao World in a Chao Garden, to gain access all you gotta do is come across a chao box in any level and bust it open to get a key that will unlock Chao World for you once you complete the level your on (City Escape, Radical Highway, Etc.). Once there just walk through the gateway in front of you to get inside the Garden, where you'll find two eggs to hatch in one of three ways:

Let it hatch on it's own.

Grab and shake it until it hatches.

Throw it at the wall. (Not recommended cause it can have strange effects on your chao's face)

Once hatched, you'll now be the proud parent of 2 chao, but don't take a sigh of relief yet, there's still alot of work to do.

Raising your Chao:

After you leave the garden, you'll be able to access it again at any time with the character you used by going to level select. Your now in charge of bringing up your chao, but how do you do it? extremely simple. All you gotta do is feed them the nuts/fruits that come off one of the three trees in the garden. Along the way you can also customize your chao by giving them animals or chaos drives, depending on which one you give them, they will gain a certain skill.

Green: Running- As time passes the chao will go from crawling, to walking, to sprinting/running

Red: Power- Your chao's strength will increase, allowing it to climb walls and kick butt in racing or karate

Yellow: Swimming- Your chao will go from drowning to doggy paddle to swimming under water

Purple: Flying- As time passes your chao will be able to fly/hover around whenever it wants to

Chaos drives can also, depending on how you use them, can create character chao that resemble almost any character.

Character Chao:

Everyone loves chao, seeing them as your favorite character will make you love them even more (that's a maybe, not a definent) But anyways, here are some character chao I know of that I've either had or made myself:

Sonic Chao: Everyone loves Sonic too, heck that's why alot of us gamers, true blue or not (trueblue as in played the series since day one all the way through, as far back as us being 3 years old) got the game, so this one alot of people love. All you have to do is alternate between Sonic and Shadow by giving at least a full inventory (10) Green chaos drives to a chao as Sonic, then do the same, but as Shadow, that way they stay Neutral. Keep doing it until they hit a Running level of at least 15 or higher. Now it's time to feed your chao, alternate with this too, such as 3 nuts/fruits with Sonic, and 3 nuts/fruits as Shadow, it might take a while, but eventually your chao will go into a cacoon and go through it's first Transformation, making it an adult. Now when it comes out, your expecting to see it look like Sonic right off the bat, your up close, waiting to see it, but instead it's green with three horizontal stripes on it's head. At first you think you did something wrong, that you messed up, and that now you wanna start a war with the person who told you how to do it (me :P ) but no, put down your torch and pitchfork and relax, there's nothing wrong, it all went right. You now have a Sonic chao, and to fix the being green problem? Using just Sonic now, keep giving it Green chaos drives until it hits level 99 running. I know what some of you might be thinking, Is there an ultra mega lightning fast way to make it go up fast? No, there's not, only time and paitience will get you there, not button mashing your controller until it blows up. Once it reaches level 99, it'll look exactly like our true blue hero Sonic, and there you have it, you now officially have yourself a Sonic Chao.

Shadow Chao: A big fan favorite to all of those who love Shadow, to make a Shadow Chao you basically do the same thing as what you did with the Sonic Chao, but with Shadow the entire time instead. Same thing, give it Green chaos drives as just Shadow until it's Running level is at least 15 or higher, then feed it and take care of it until it evolves into an adult chao. Once an adult chao, it'll look like Shadow, but with Green stripes. Now darnit, I said it already to keep your pitchforks away, and please stop trying to burn me with your torch :) . All you gotta do is keep giving it Green chaos drives until it reaches level 99 Running just like with the Sonic chao. Now, I am going to admit, I never quite figured out what to do to make the stripes Red, but I think if I remember correctly you need to have it Reincarnate at least two times, which I'll cover Reincarnation and all that stuff here in a bit. The first time it Reincarnates, when you remake your shadow chao it'll have Yellow stripes, then the second time you do it, it's quills I think might fill out more, and it'll finally have Red stripes. Now I could be wrong, but you might not have to reincarnate it, it's hard for me to say because I haven't yet gotten a Shadow chao all the way up to level 99 Running, but I'll experiment with it tonight and bring up my results tomorrow at some point. But either way, there's the Shadow Chao for you.

Super Sonic Chao: Gotta love Super Sonic, to make a Super Sonic chao, just take a Shiney Yellow Chao or a Gold Chao and turn it into a Shadow chao and there you go, one Super Sonic Chao with everything on it, hold the big fat purple cat. (Froggy? :D ) Now to make it really cool looking, you could give it a Half Fish animal to turn it's ball into fire, in fact I might go do that. -Runs away to play SA2B- I'm kidding I'm kidding gosh.

Knuckles Chao: This one I'm still not sure about, but if I remember correctly you just do the same method as the Sonic Chao stuff, but with Knuckles and Rouge and give the chao Red drives. Now it might work, it might not work, I don't know, I got my Knuckles chao by using my Game Boy Advance Game Shark Cartridge, Disk, and Computer cable as well as a really cool fancy site that you can download chao from and upload them into SA2B using Sonic Advance or Sonic Advance 2's Tiny Chao Garden. Plus I think I stated in the overall subject of Character Chao that I was listing ones that I not only knew how to make, but strange/unigue ones I've either owned or still own, so please, for the last time, put away the torches, and put down the pitchforks people. Unless of course you don't want to, either way works for me. :D

Amy Chao: ......There are no words to describe this chao I still have. She looks absolutely amazing, but I have no clue how the person made her, either way, kudos to this guy, he's awesome.

Metal Sonic Chao: I really have no clue how the metal sonic chao was made, but he was really unique, really cool, and it sucks that I no longer have him. :D

Nights Chao: This one I think all you gotta do is make it a Neutral flying chao, then when it evolves make it's flying level 99 and it'll look like Nights, but I can't remember.

Tails Chao: This one you can't really make, the only way I remember to get this one is to have the game Phantasy Star Online Episode 2 and do a really big series of events on there that eventually involve you having to use your Gameboy to Gamecube Ethernet cable and use the Tiny Chao Garden feature, then switch the game to SA2B and go to the Chao Transporter and use it to claim your Tails Chao, I don't know the exact way of what you do or how you do it, but either way, Tails Chao looks Awesome/cute, alot better then Tails Doll. (Still have nightmares about that thing) :D

and finally, the big banana, the head honcho, the God of all chao. The Chaos Chao. Now this one can come in one of three ways, I've seen them all, I've had them all, and I'm in the process of making some more. The three forms it comes in are as follows:

Neutral Chaos Chao - Light Chao

Hero Chaos Chao - Angel Chao

Dark Chaos Chao - Devil Chao

Now here's the Way you make them:

Light Chao: To make the standard Chaos chao, it's kinda hard, but yet so simple. To make it, you need to have a chao that you've raised and loved and took care of up until it Reincarnated, then you gotta do the cycle again a second time to make it Reincarnate for it's second time. Once you get it out of it's egg again, don't give it chaos drives, At All, but now you need to go on a major hunt to gather up all 21 animals in the game. Once you get them, give 1, Only 1, of every animal to your chao, then raise him on both sides so he'll be a Neutral Chao. Once he Evolves and comes out of his Cacoon, there you have it, your now the proud Mommy/Daddy of a Neutral Chaos Chao, better known as the Light Chao. After it evolves, you can now go out and get as many chaos drives as you want of any kind, and get every single one of it's levels up to 99, and there you have it.

Angel Chao: To make the Hero Chaos Chao, do as before, but this time, just use only your Hero characters to raise it, and once it evolves, it'll come out a Hero Chaos Chao, better known as the Angel Chao, and from here, just do the same as before and get all of it's levels up to 99 to make it fully powered.

Devil Chao: To make the Dark Chaos Chao, do as both times before, but only raise it with your Dark characters, and once it evolves, it'll come out as a Dark Chaos Chao, better known as the Devil Chao, and afterwards you can give it chaos drives to make it's levels all the way up to 99.

Now is there a proper way to make it? I have no clue. But Always, Always remember that no matter what, once it comes outta that egg after it's second, Second Reincarnation, Do not I repeat Do Not give it any chaos drives until after it becomes an adult and is officially a Chaos Chao of Light, Neutral, or Dark, otherwise it might goof things up. Now for the reincarnation and all that stuff, here's how it all works.

Chao Life Cycle:

All Chao, no matter bad good or inbetween, they all have a life cycle of about 5 years. You can check on your chao's age and other important things while at the Chao Kindergarten, which is a place to go to to get you chao named by the fortune teller, check it's health and other vital information at the Chao Doctor, Get more Basic tips from the Chao Principal, take it to the classroom so that it can be smart and know how to do some really neat things like singing, playing an instrument, or all kinds of things. There's also the Black Market, where you can buy all sorts of items from strange and silly hats for your chao to wear, to special fruits that have certain special effects, and also to tree seeds that your chao can plant as soon as it has a pale and a shovel from winning some of the beginner races in the Chao race. During your chao's life you wanna make sure to take it to the Chao Doctor to check on it's health and make sure it's ok, and also drop it off at the Classroom so it can learn. Usually right after a chao evolves is when it becomes age 1, or some time around then. Age 2 comes right afterwards, then age 3, where your chao spends a humongous amount of time at. Then finally your chao will begin it's down-hill decent into age 4, followed by age 5, which around this age is usually when the chao will die. When your chao dies, well it's never happy when anything or anyone dies, but when it dies it'll go into a cacoon and depending on how good it's life was, if it was well taken care of, shown plenty of love, and always had fun and was never abused such as thrown or even accidently hit, the cacoon will either turn pink, or it'll turn grey. If it turns pink, then it'll become an egg again that you can raise, and it'll even carry over all of it's skills and smarts, but it'll be a baby again. :D Now if it turns grey, well, it was unhappy, and unfortunately your little baby is now gone, and there's no way to bring it back. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, and the rest, is silence. :D

No, there is no special code or meaning that it'll die and be gone rather then Reincarnating. If it's ball was one color, then became another, doesn't mean your chao's fading away to nothing, just means it's having a strange color change and it's perfectly normal, and if it becomes a certain color, doesn't necessarily mean it has a dominate trait of something, just means it came out yellow or blue or purple.

The best advice I can give is always take care of and love your chao, and raise it however you see fit. Well, that's about it for me, I think I've covered literally just about everything I know about Chao and how to raise them haha, if there's any other kind of question you have about Chao that I didn't cover or need some advice on what to do, feel free to message me and I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Well people, it's now 2:52 in the morning where I live at, and I'm ready to turn off my Gamecube and get to bed. Catch you guys later, and feel free to add me if you choose to, I'm still pretty new around here and could use some good friends. Peace Out People

P.S.: I is are a Ninja! :D haha

The chao garden is the best thing on Sonic Adv. So far, about 5 chao left cause' I was mean to them. And I really regret that. One of my chao I only gave rabbits, and when it turned into a hero chao, it turned gold, grew a gold horn like thing on its head, and started walking! What kind of chao is that called?

-reply by Chao!Chao!

Yes, i breed chaoSonic Adventure 2 : Battle

I'm not going to put my real name. I am on the 2nd evolution (reincarnation) with my  chaos chao. I am currently trying to make a chao thats stats are all S. I have only gotton D C D S S with one chao. If I had a Chao with S in flying, I could breed an all S chao! but it is very hard and It takes alot of tries. I have to use a second memory card to hold all of my chao. 

-reply by Twilight

My chao won't evolve! I've heard that you can make a Nights chao by giving it purple chaos drives and by being dark characters. But it's already lv 25 with flying being the highest and is STILL not evolving.

HELP! 

I know the answer to ur problem :))Sonic Adventure 2 : Battle

Replying to iGuestReplying to iGuest Now you may have all the flying stats you need, but you still didn't get the Stamina you need for it to evolve. Get it to 10-20 stamina (Depending on wether it has an A, B, C, D or and E in that stat) and then it will go into a tear shaped cacoon with yellow at the stip and blue the rest of the way down. (Like the normal chao's head when it first comes out of the egg ;) ) Good luck at your Chao sir/ma'am. Hope I helped :))!

-reply by Alexandra

I raise chao!Sonic Adventure 2 : Battle

hey, just responding. I love raising chao, and I want to say somethings about how to get the Dark Garden and the Hero garden, its pretty simple.

Hero- raise a Hero Chao

Dark- raise a Dark Chao

pretty simple, right?

Reincarnating ChaoSonic Adventure 2 : Battle

You don't have to be completely nice to a chao to get it to be born again, I've thrown my Melody before by accident, I've taken food from her, and I've even jumped on her by accident. She's been born again 3 times. All you hve to do is hug them and pet them untill they stop crying and you will be forgiven, they will still love you, she even gets happy when I pick her up.

-reply by Gemini Gold

What is a chao? Sonic Adventure 2 : Battle

Um.. Hi. This is going to sound stupid..But I was wondering. What is a chao? I have the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle videogame, but I am unaware of what a "chao" is. I'm thinking that they are the small animals that you can find in the levels, but I'm not sure. When I go to the chao garden, all the animals pop out of me. In the chao garden, there's an egg, but I don't know why it's there if the little animals are chao. I think maybe I have to feed it to the animals, but whenever I leave, and then come back, my animals dissappear! I'm really confussed. If any of you can help me and my problem, it would be really appriciated. :)  

-question by Marylin

I'm playing sonic battle 2, and it has to do with chaos. my chao has reincarnated (for sure) and I'm trying to get it to be a devil chaos chao.
But when take it to the doctor, the chart says he has transformed once. Any how, on the chart, i'm told it will show reincarnation under
Transformations from a website. is this true, or does this guy not know what they're talking about? (My chao has reincarnated once and
Transformed once for the spike ball.)
PLEASE TELL ME OR FIND OUT PLZZZZZ!!!!!

Question 1#: well, I'm not completely sure if they can transform, but here is what I think: neutral chaos can't transform, but you can make them look
Like Shadow, and Sonic (I heard Knuckles too). If you want to know how, ifs all over Google.

Question 2#: Again im not sure. But this is what I think: Usually the color on their head has to do with their favorite type character. ( dark, hero). if you want him to it to be hero, use him with just one hero character, and not all the hero characters. Such as just use sonic, and not all the others, or vise virus. likewise with dark chao. you can tell who is their favorite if you whistle, cause they will come to you. (press Y to flip through the B actions). as for your Grey dot, I think it's because your mixing up and using so many characters, which is not good for the chao. Which just means he is confused or he's been used by so many characters. That, or he is just old.

PS:If you don't want him to like a character, jump and throw him with that character. To get a chao to like a character, use ONLY that character, give him lots of animals and chaos shards, (those things in robots) and pet him ALL the time. Briefly, just give him lots of attention.

If you are upgrading a chaos stats, here is a list of the best courses for certain skills: Swimming. Power. Flying. Running. All Four Metal Harbor. Pyramid Break. Metal Harbor. Radical Highway Dry Lagoon Radical Highway. Sky Rail. Dry Lagoon. Pumpkin HillIf you are new to the chao world, I suggest you don't use skunks, rabbits, raccoons, or sheep.Here is a list of all twenty-one animals: Power: Flying: Swimming: Running: All Four: Bear. Peacock. Penguin. Cheetah. Dragon Boar. Phoenix. Seal. Tiger. Unicorn Gorilla. Bat. Otter. Half-fish (Green alien) Skeleton Dog. Parrot. Condor (Gold bird)ADVICE: If you want better appearance on your chao, go get a lot of bats on Pumpkin Hill (Bats Also take away their feet. Chaos don't trip nearly as much is races if they don't have feet. No feetWill not reduce his/her running speed.) Also, after all the animals you give chaos, they start to getKind of ugly. I suggest you give them a eggshell if you have one.

:gas: dude um those are the basics i think alot of pepole or all pepole who have that game know about that so here i go there is 2 more gardens the dark gardan and the hero garden you can unlock them by envovling your chao into a dark or good chao you envolve the dark by geting egg man rouge or shadow and giving it lots of love the plenty of chaos drives or animals and most important dark fruits you can get them at the black market (at the kindergarden. for a hero chao get sonic knuckles or tail give them love,chaos drives,maybe animales(if you want him to look weird)and hero fruits and by doing that youll get the 2 gardens you can make them have an egg by buying a heart fruit(black market at the kindergarten) :D glad to help other guy toyr helpful too but those are the basics those are easy sorry :rolleyes::blush:

Help! My Chao won't reincarnate/transform a second time!!! I've waited for it to transform for 3 hours now. Roxy (the chao I'm talking about) is now 4. Will she reincarnate soon?