xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JC05

Your Favorite Card Game? Tell about youre fav game here

my favourite card game is anything that we can turn into a strip game or a drinking game!!strip poker, strip 7's, etc.best games to play!! :)

My favorite is Chinese Poker, or Big 2 in some countries. The rules are basically the same as regular Poker, except 2 is the biggest card there is, followed by Ace, King, Queen and Jack. The game play is simalar to Poker, but different. In Chinese Poker, the entire deck of cards is distributed evenly among the players. Usually four players is the most common. Four players means that all with recieve Thirteen cards.The player with Diamond Three, which is the lowest card in the game, begins first. He or she must play the Diamond Three down either alone or with a pair/triple/combo. The combos you play are basically the same as regular poker. (Full House, Straight, Four of a Kind, Flush, Royal Flush, Straight Flush, etc...)The objective of the game is to use up all your cards. I'm not sure if this is a real rule or not, but sometimes, there's a rule that forbids you from playing Spade 2 as your final card.

My favorite card game would probly be...Texas Hold Em'it would have to be my favorite because i ardy probly reached over 200$ profit :)i always invite all my friends over to play 5$ entry. and i mostly end up winning half the time.Second card game that i like would be Super Speed.Its the best game that im at actually because im always to fast forevery one. <- Never lost :P

ok, my favourite is BOBWe made p bob is year five.... heres how to play:You need 4 or more players (must be equal number)Every player teams up with anotherThen go you off and discuss a secret signalYou then get 4 cards each, dont let eny1 else seeThe admin of game puts 4 cards on ground, grab whichever ones you need to help you make a set of 4 of the same kind (u can also add starights etc)When u have 4 of a kind you have to do your secret signal, and get your buddy to notice, if you buddy see's they say BOB, and if someone who is not ur buddy thinks ur doing a signal, they say COUNTER BOB, whoever says BOB or Counter Bob, their team wins. You can not do fake signals, but you can start off sitting or jumping in an odd way, and then you may change it slightly, and that wood be ur signal... changing it slightly.Its a neat lil game... havnt plaid in years but yeh... :)I also like snap, and I hate solitare, I also like, ohh I forgot it, but its that 1 u have to get 4 of a kind, and u can make others pick up with a five and block an attack with a 3 and then have multiple turns with a 10... that 1

i'd like to mention pokemon. please dont ban me.i loved how the rules were simple and easy to communicate. not a lot of planning and effore had to go into it, yet at the same time it wasnt completely up to a random drawing of cards. at the time i used to play it (like 12 years ago) there were people who played all through out my middle school. what i thought was really cool was the pokemon league. tons of peopl would come and we'd challenge each other. i especialy like how evern though pokemon was a very simple game with some serious planning you could make the game very complicated.

2 games, one of them I learned from my brother who came across it is called Scum (I've heard it's also called BS but I don't like that name) and the other is called Pit.

I've heard Scum is played a lot of different ways but here's the version I like:

Objective is to get rid of all your cards first.

Normal deck, minus jokers, is shuffled out as evenly as possible to all players. Player left of the dealer starts. The 2 is the highest card and can start over a pile whenever played, unless it's triples in which case you need two 2's, or if it's quadruples, then three 2's, basically 1 less than the number of cards the pile is on.

The person starting a pile can start with singles, doubles, or quadruples (three 4's, 2 Jacks, 1 Ace, etc.). With the exception of 2's, a person has to play the same amount of cards the pile started with, and play cards of equal value or higher. So if it starts with double 5's, then everyone has to play doubles of 5's or higher until the pile ends, unless they play a 2 (see 2 rules in 1st paragraph). If it starts with triples, everyone has to play triples until the hand ends, unless they play two 2's to end the pile.

A pile of cards is what's started by the person playing the cards originally and ends when a person ends it either with a 2 or 2's, or when everyone else passes after one person played. So if 5 people are playing, and someone plays an Ace, and the other 4 people pass, that person who played the Ace puts the pile aside (nobody gets the cards, they're just moved aside) and gets to start the next pile.

Part of the strategy involved is that people can pass intentionally to save their high cards until the end, or play a high card early to keep other players from getting rid of their low cards early on. Once a player goes out and loses all their cards, they are considered the "President" for the next round, meaning they get to go 1st. The second person to get rid of all their cards is Vice President (assuming 4 or 5 players) and goes 2nd the next round. 3rd is Neutral, 4th is Vice-Scum, and 5th is Scum. Different names can be used depending on the number of players.

With more than 5 players it might be best to use 2 decks of cards in which case if someone plays 6 cards to start a pile the other players would need to keep playing 6 of a kind until the pile ends, and would need five 2's to end the pile, either that or the pile would end when all players passed after someone played (i.e. no one could play on it).

After everyone's gotten rid of their hands, the next round starts. The person who got rid of their cards first the last round will not only get to go first, but they get the 2 best cards from the person who was the Scum (finished last) in exchange for any 2 cards they want to give away (usually 2 worst, but they might give away slightly less worse to have more doubles or triples of a card). If 4 or 5 people are playing, the Vice-President (finished 2nd) gets the best card from the Vice-Scum (2nd worst) for any card they want to give away (what they consider worst).

In this way rounds keep going with players continually changing positions each round. Usually people keep it going the same direction to avoid confusion and thus swap seats each round to remember the order.

Pit:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This is a great trading card game for as many as 8 players. It's tough to find the game being sold anymore though. Basically there are 8 sets of cards with 9 of each card, all named after grain foods (wheat, grain, barley, oat, etc.). Depending on how many players are playing, you take that number of sets of cards and shuffle them together to make the deck.

Players are then each dealt a hand of cards and the objective is to trade with other players to get all 9 of the same type. Some packs include a Bull and Bear card which affect final point scores and how the game is played (see rules above). Basically once play starts people yell out how many cards they want to trade, putting them face down on the table, and players swap cards until someone yells out PIT meaning they got all cards of one type.

What's more, each set of cards has its own point value thus affecting which are most sought after, as you'll get more points at the end depending on which you went after, assuming you got PIT.

This game could even be played with a normal card deck(s) although you'd have to play with hearts/clubs/spades/diamonds and thus only have 4 players, unless you had enough decks that you could use 9 2's, 9 3's, etc. as the replacements. Also, it would be difficult assigning the point totals as well.

I love playing cards with my friends and family, it is much more fun that watching a movie or something like that. I am not good with poker and stuff like that, even though I have seen my brother play it. I like more simpler things. We often play the same games, but it changes after who we are playing it with. If we are playing with children under 10, then we might play "Gris". ("Pig" in English.) It is a really simple, but still quite fun sometimes. I suppose perhaps some of you have played it before, or something like it. But I will tell about it anyway.

Gris

In this game it will be quite boring with three people, and two just will not work. So four to ten people would be good. All of the players gets five cards each. It is often more cards left, it depends on how many people that are attending. Place the rest of the cards at the table, in the middle. The purpose of this game is to get four of the same. Four hearts, four spades, four clubs or four diamonds. How do they get four of the same? At the same time; the players look at theircards, and choose one of them they do not want/do not need. Everyone place it on the table, and after counting to three pas it with the clock. They look at it again, and choose another card (or the same) which they do not want. It goes around like that until someone gets four of the same. When they do that, they place their thumb (do not know if that is correct...) on the table edge, so everyone can see it. The other players needs to do the same, and the last one who does that gets an G. (First letter in "Gris") This all comes down to not to become a "Gris." When someone gets all four letters, then he/she is out of the game - and the others can continue. When only three, or two people are remaining I see not reason to continue. All the people left are the winners!

Extra: If you have four of a sort, and someone else has it too, then you can lot "loose" that round. So can not get a letter when you have four of a sort. Understand? I hope so. Remember this: After a person has gotten for of a sort, then he/she gets five new cards. Everyone else keeps their cards.

Another game I really like playing with my friends, is Cames. I know, it does sound a lot like the word "games." I will tell you about that one as well.

In this game there are teams. At least three teams, that means six people. Two persons in each team. You can change that, but it is easier that way. It is fun to be a lot of people, and a lot of teams in this game. You need a big table, and cards, a sheet of paper and a pen. If you are many people it would be smart to have double-up of cards. (...or you will not have enough cards.) The purpose of this game is to get most points.

You can get points by...

1 point: Saying "cames" when your partner has four cards. (Four 10's, four queens, four kings... etc.)

2 points: Saying "double cames". That is when both of you has four cards.

2 points: Saying "against cames". ("mot cames" in norwegian.) That is if you find out, guess or somehow understand that another team has got four cards. You need to specific say which ones of the persons that have got it. If you think both - then say both. But you do not get more points. If you are somehow guessing wrong, and the person does not have cames then your team looses 2 points. Bummer. When you say cames against a person, he can try to prove it wrong by showing two different cards. (For example one queen and one king.)

The first thing to do is to make teams, and then each team has to make a "sign", so he/she can show that sign when they are playing if he/she has the four cards.

Examples of signs:

Asking what time it is, coughing, holding your cards in a different way, smiling, laughing, looking at your nails, looking out of the window. Anything of your imagination! You need to keep the sign secret. If someone else finds out your sign, you can change it. It is important to notice that the sign can not be for example touching the others feet underneath the table or something. ^^ It must be something the other one can see. So everyone gets four cards, and all the cards that are left are placed at the table. Not at the middle, but at one of the sides or something like that. Then someone takes five cards out of the card bunt, and places them on the table, so everyone can see ALL OF THE CARDS, and so they are in reach of everyone. You need to place the cards "up", or you know... so you can see what card it is.

Now someone counts to three. "1, 2, 3, grab!" and then people need to grab the cards they want, and replace it with one of their own cards. It is important to me quick, it could be others that wants the same card! And this is very important: you need to take one of your own cards and place it on the table, before you choose on of the cards you want. When the others grab and add cards you might see one you want. Then grab it! Just keep on doing that until no one wants anyone of the cards that are left. Then it is "trash", make sure everyone agrees before the cards are "trashed." Place the trashed cards in their own bunt. Make sure everyone has four cards; not three or five, but four! When someone has four of the same, they can try to show the sign to their partner, try to make their partner notice that you have four. When he/she notices, he/she says so everyone can hear it: "cames!" Then you write down 1 point at the paper... I think I got it all now. It is important to read the "You can get points by..."-thingy I wrote longer up in this reply. It says something about double-cames and against cames.

You can always do your own version of this card game - as you always can. :P

Texas Hold'em is my favourite game ever! I like playing it online and live.There is this easy drinking game in Brazil called "Burro" (donkey). You have to prepare the deck first, you include 1 Joker card, and 4 cards of the same number for each player participating. After dealing the cards, the person with most cards passes one over to the player on their side. The Joker card must be keept for one round.The goal is to get 4 equal cards, then lay the cards in the table. Then whoever sees the winner laying down his cards lay theirs also. The last person to realize that the game is over must DRINK!! water :)

My Favorite game/games are:

Uno
Mad Gab
Skip Bo
Slap Jack And
Rook

Waz yours?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited as reported. Please use proper English words.

Dear friend I never play cards. But if I remember right I have heard about a popular card game called Rummie. I have also heard and seen my friends playing more card games but I dont know what to say them in English.