xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

Does Your School Have Well-defined Cliques? A sort of social order, if you will.

There are heaps of cliques at out school. Chess NerdsVideo Games NardsNerdsComputer GeeksEMO'sMusic PeopleStuckup B****h....heapsTroublemakersNormal not liked or hatedThink there cool people..also heapsCool PeopleStudent Form Other Countries

Edited by Jess123 (see edit history)

Yea pretty much, in my school there are skeets, the fashion girls, the manga-likers aka otakus, the emo's, nerds, the girls that are always talking *BEEP* about other people, the guys who are always making fun of others, the rejected, and lately a lot of goths and punks o. o

cliquesDoes Your School Have Well-defined Cliques?

at my school we have the well established ones, like jocks(I was a football jock, but I ALWAYS hated bullies. I am also smart), nerds, geeks, and the goths. Oh God, there are so many...There are a bunch of peoplee who dress all in black everyday...Even in spring, when it warms up. However, everyone is nice to one another except the gangs. We have a Black gang, a Mexican gang, an Asain gang, and a Polynesian gang. We have had lethal stabbings and some shootings. I go to James Logan High School, now known across the district as Hitler High, mostly due to the strictness...We even have fences, cruel SS...I mean CST's and nasty enforcers...The TAs

-reply by shaun

Cliques at my school.Does Your School Have Well-defined Cliques?

My Cliques-

- Preps/ Snobby *****es

- Skaters/ Druggies

- Emos/ Goths

- Nerds

- Know it alls

- Slutty girls

- Gays 

- Jocks

- Normal/ Outcast

The people I most hate are the preps and snobby *****es, the sluts, the know it alls, and the jocks. They are the most stuck up and fake people.I hate them!!

-reply by Hannah

I so agree!Does Your School Have Well-defined Cliques?

I hate the cliques. So stupid. I'd probably be... Normal, nerdy :P Lol, I don't really care! Just have fun :D

I also HATE those snooty preppy/jocks!! Ugh. They think they're all that.

-reply by Shanellel

There is no clique called "ghetto".Ghetto is a section of a city, esp. A thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group.A type of person can't be considered ghetto!.

-reply by Maria

At my school, most people are a mix and fit into multiple cliques. If a person were to fit into only one clique, they wouldn't fit into the typical stereo type. For example, our atheletes are nice to everyone. There is little bullying, if any at all and nobody is called a geek because brains are appreciated at our school. Geek is a very old term and the word "nerd" is usually only a term of endearment or soft teasing within friends. Sometimes cliques are just a group of friends and they fit into different cliques. Some connections are through friends of friends and then the group forms. For example, a choir person can be in Japanese and be a genius, who knows other people in Japanese class and they introduce their friends in Japanese to friends in Choir and Choir friends to their genius friends and a group forms thanks to theconnection through the first person. There aren't any freaks really either...Our social order goes by age. Seniors are the most respected, Juniors come next, then sophomores, then freshman. The freshman are not picked on or put into dumpsters. Our school actually goes way against movie high school clique stereotypes. Nobody actually knows who the cheerleaders are unless they're friends with then in other cliques. Rather than the sports peopleBeing the most popular, I would have to say the students on our dance team are the most popular because our dance team ROCKS!We even sell T-shirts cause they're so awesome. ^_^ They're the main source of entertainment and are definitely better than dance classes at other schools in our district. We have a dance TEAM!

-reply by Khanh

At my school, there are basically four social levels, which I call A, B, C, and D. A seems to be the largest level, with each after that being smaller. A is the most popular kids: athletic kids who wear the most expensive, trendy clothing and tend to ignore anyone who isn't their friend. If you hear them talking to each other, the girls are usually discussing their looks, while the guys are discussing sports. B is the semi-popular kids. C is the "average" kids. D is the nerds and so-called losers. There are a few extraneous groups also. There's the special ed kids, there's the "freaks" (goth, punk, etc.), and there's the ghetto kids who are bused in from the inner city.And there are some "cliques." We have the football guys. We have the track kids. We have the crew kids. We have the artsy, indie kids. We have the *BLEEP*es. We have the geeky anime/gamer girls. We have the trashy sluts. We have the girls who do musicals. We have the several girls who are complete outcasts except for each other. We have the nerdy Asians who play instruments.I wouldn't say my school is "stereotypical," though, because except for a few select *BLEEP*s (who are close to the top of the social ladder), there isn't a whole lot of in-your-face meanness that goes on.

I don't it's because my school is one of the new ones in my school districts (only like five/six years so far), but it doesn't really have a clearly-defined Cliques. I mean, people hang out with their ethnicity, friends or club members, but all group seems to have many different kinds of people. Or maybe it's because the school isn't that big =D

I heard about a high school in the US with close to 4000 students. In a school of such a large student population, there are well-defined groups, I would say. Some of the schools are quite large; some are small. Because students are allowed to choose their own courses and there are quite a few classes for each of the main course/subject, they have lunch at different time periods during the day. That makes it difficult for them to gather as a whole group. That's why the groups may not appear to be so well-defined on the surface.