xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
e-buttler

How To Stop People From Pirating Your Source Codes How to encrypt your webpage source sode

Another way to stop people from pirating your source code is to hide your javascript on the server. Just store your javascript in a file named javascript.js and then retrieve the javascript in the head of your document by writing something like this <include="javascript.js>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------I dont remember the exact code but im sure you can find it on the internet, so If you just want to hide your javascript and not worry about the html then do that otherwise this guys got a good thing to do for your pages..............Sincerely,Xadoflitan

Nicely written tutorial, but in my opinion using javascript is not a practical solution to the pirating problem. Since i usually use PHP in my codes people trying to pirate can only get half of my source, leaving the best part encrypted ^_^Besides, people that want to pirate a basic site layout do not necessarily need your site, there are so many websites that use a similar layout and with enough searching you can probably find what you are looking for, but a basic layout is so easy ^_^Most of them pirates are just too lazy to read a guide or tutorial that actually doesnt necessarily have to be long or hard to understand ^_^

oh man, I need this real bad. My whole entire blog layout and words has been copied twice and my coding has been stolen! Is there that code where when someone right clicks it comes up as the source code but it's hidden and it says something like NO STEALING

As for the tutorial is great stuff, well explained and useful (I suppose).As for the philosophical aspect of this, I think that copying is deeply into the nature of Internet. It?s a solid concept in any kind of arts or communication ways, and I think free distribution is one of the points of Internet?s success. People not only copy, but learn from other?s work. I think it?s not very ethical to publish something that you?ve copied, yes but... not everyone is nice. And no matter how hard you try to hide things because someone will be able to "decrypt" that and in my opinion that?s not necessary bad.I don?t think that is a problem... if you are good enough to be copied you will always be one step forward, so people will appreciate your work. And if you don?t want to deal with the risk of being copy-pasted, well, I supposed it?s better to dedicate to a job that can not be copied, like a mechanic. ^_^

Nicely said, Although free services are a great deal of what makes it so great, Hard work and effort get's put into site design and layout. To responed to BECCA's question, The Right Click disable script is as follows below

<script language=JavaScript><!--//Disable right mouse click Script//By Maximus (maximus@nsimail.com) w/ mods by DynamicDrive//For full source code, visit dynamicdrive.com/var/ message="Function Disabled!";///////////////////////////////////function clickIE4(){if (event.button==2){alert(message);return false;}}function clickNS4(e){if (document.layers||document.getElementById&&!document.all){if (e.which==2||e.which==3){alert(message);return false;}}}if (document.layers){document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS4;}else if (document.all&&!document.getElementById){document.onmousedown=clickIE4;}document.oncontextmenu=new Function("alert(message);return false")// --> </script>

I can not take credit for this script, it is not mine. It is from dynamicdrive.com.

this method is ok but people can stil get your source. Not that big of a deal if you use php but plain html can be taken like nothing else. Oh well I gues its soemthing that will always be around.

If there is an good javascripter then he could break it, its not so hard for him. So anyway, you cant keep your source code over 80% safe I think. I have tryed much javascript applications like this one, they are good but not good enought for me B) . Almost evry protection can be broken so remember it B)

Its, interesting......... In all honesty People who look at these kind of programs/codes probabaly know the kind of people they are trying to fool. I Run a website that has simular interests of anothers, but are in no terms simular. Every time I post something it apears on his........ which kind of funny since his site claims How horrible and untalented I am " we have never met....... lol. So yah I will be using this sort of code... because A) I know hes not talented enough to steal it at the moment and :P he will be wasting his time to get........ So it amuses me. but other than tha I dont care who else see take and such like.... But perhaps thats just my mean sence of humor and not really a view as to the code working as such. Green eyes

Well nice stuff you got there.And yea, a good javascripter can easy decrypt it. But its worth to try it if many are trying to copy your homepage beacuse many internet users dont even know what javascript is. ;) So it good encryption if many are trying to copy your page but remember you cant protect it full :D. I would like it if I could. ;)

This seems to be quite a measure to stop people from pirating or stealing layouts and such, but isn't it a little extensive? It might just be me, but I'm a little too lazy to do that with every single page of my site.