xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CopperZepher

The Pacific Ocean DEEP

Yeah, I learned about this earlier in the school year in my Marine Science class. Quite interesting.

Do you what else is interesting. We know more about outer space then we know about our own oceans. Like yes we know a fair amount about what lives and relatively shallow areas of the ocean but very little is know about the deepest depths of the ocean like this trench. The reason is that the pressure is so great we have not been able to accomplish the task of getting there plus it seems that funding for those expeditions is lacking thus it is hard to accomplish this.

I wouldn't say that... In fact, I'd say quite the opposite! We know hardly anything at all about Outer Space, we just have unproven theories that should be true if so and so is true, which is only true if so and so is true. There's no way we can actually find out, which is not the case for Oceans as they are close to being in our grasp.

what plants live in the pacific ocean?The Pacific Ocean

hey can anyonehelp me with my question. What plants live in the pacific ocean?/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley5.Gif I already have sea grass, kelp and alage

Ya, I have read about it before. The first thing that came to my mind, we will be in for a lot of surprises should we ever see some of the sea creatures that live in some depth. Taking a swipe at people who stand by scientific proves, they will be shocked out of their lives for science cant prove anything much about them at this time.

At least they are now able to get cameras to go a lot deeper than they could before, which is probably one of the reasons we are seeing new pictures of undiscovered sea creatures all the time. I mean, something like the mega mouth shark isa fairly new discovery. It boggles the imagination to think of what they could find.Maybe there are some giant monsters down there. Really creepy things. What's also interesting is that the ocean really is very shallow compared to the diameter of the earth. Seven miles is nothing really. As much as I expected much deeper it's still a daunting thought though.

But i thought came to mine when I was revisiting the thread. What would be the temperature at the bottom of the trench. Should be very cold because that area, the sunlight will never reach. But then, it is nearer to the core of the Earth which contain molten rocks so it should be hot?