xisto Community
thebluekirby

The Worst Thing On The Internet?

I hate it when i open my inbox and i don't see a single new mail. We've gotten so used to this mode of communication - email, that when noone mails me, it feels like nobody has communicated with me, noone remembered me.So what i'm saying is that the net made me this way - slave of the inbox B)

I hate it when i open my inbox and i don't see a single new mail. We've gotten so used to this mode of communication - email, that when noone mails me, it feels like nobody has communicated with me, noone remembered me.

So what i'm saying is that the net made me this way - slave of the inbox  B)

206812[/snapback]

Haha! I like your view on Spam! I use GMAIL and I have it filter out all of my spam so I don't have to go through my mailbox picking out all of the good messages and deleting the bad. I usually get 2 or 3 good messages a day, the rest are spam!

ok, in your opinion, what do you NOT like about the internet?

For me, it would be... spam...popups....txt talk...but it's the people who are producing these spams and popups and such, not the internet XD but still, let's blame it anyways XDD

and if your internet is dialup, then your internet life must really really suck (i'd die if i had dialup XD)

what about you guys? try not to post hateful rants >_<

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please post it in the correct forum section. Moving from What Is...? to Internet. Last friendly warning.

195315[/snapback]

i think that i would find the most annaying sites the popup ones and adfatms saying that you have one a holiday and you cant get rid of them its relly annoying

for me on the intrernet ther is no such thing as a worst... like in life too...there are bad things on net, yea, but nothing that one alt+f4 cant solve...if you feel a little agressive, if your blood pressure is rising or you feel simpthomes like that find alt and F4 on your keypad and use them !no realy ! you can allways start new life on irc if you screwed up somthing... and affcourse in real life you cant change everything between you and your friends with simple "/nick" :P So for me only bad thing that could hapen on the net ( and hapens to me all the time ) is some freakin error, maybe some new worm on windows... when i cant setup something that i thinked like...

I mot hate website where you go and then 10000000+ popups shows up and when you close one 3 opens in it's place thanks to it I have popup blocker... but in that site ussally something like trojan or like that is in :P. Dunno what kind of people like making something like that... if someone needs adress is here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ but think twice before using it :P

Worst things I hate about internet?Hmmm those peoples who write virusses, ddos you for fun and hack sites on wich a lot of people are.Spyware and ads also really suck and especially those ads wich contain a virus :P

The worst thing on the internet would have to be, internet explorer :blink:. That thing can get so overloaded wit spyware it ain't funny sometimes. I mean really, who cares about Microsoft Internet Explorer if it crashes your computer.

There are a lot of things that I personally do not like about the internet so you can not ask me to just pick one. I think that hands down viruses, hackers, spyware, and all that kind of stuff are some of the worst things on the internet. They are the only things on the internet that have the potential to destory files on the computer or steal your privacy. Pop-up ads are probably the second most annoying thing on the internet. Normal ads are possible to avoid, but pop-ads are not possible to avoid. A lot of the time they flash and say that you won something when it is actually a scam so they are completely pointless in addition to the fact that they are annoying.

popups i think r the most annoying things on the internet....especially the ones that move along with u if u were to scroll up n down a page...n the ones that make annoying sounds or music...

I hate flash based websites... Some people still do have dialup... And some of us are on cell phones that don't support flash :)Its cool to have a flash cartoon, but not an entire site, making it inaccessable to the rest of us.Also, I hate it when people say "DON'T GOOGLE __________" because curiosity gets the best out of me every once in a while.... Ahmso, I'm talking to you :) (Pain4 was disgusting. And I heard about lemonparty, so I just stayed away)Other than that, I just hate trolls on forums. And ban happy admins

Free webhosts with banners. People that tlk lik tis/dis. Pop-ups. Mediocre support on free or paid webhosts. Sites that steal info. Spammers. Those cheap e-mails that your e-mail provider sends you. Pop-ups. Insufficient bandwidth/space. Downtime. MMORPGS with tons of idiots on them.I could go on forever. I could go on forever and STILL find things in the process. So I won't go on and that's that.People that can't spell right. n00bs (not newbs). Free webhosts with false advertising. Idiots. People who could go outside and play ball but sit at their computer and try to make that last level on that one game. You. Dumb animations. People who try to act cool on the internet even though they've never seen the light of day since they were 7. Rapists. Racists. Plagerism. You.

Spam, pop-ups, and sites with a lots of ads. I am not thinking about small ads, i am thinking about those huge "click me", "the best" and other junk banners. Adsense is ok in that way with those little "ad boxes".

Spyware, no, Viruses, no, Hackers, no. Those stupid little things that follow the mouse. Just kidding, all these things are aboulutly horrible. I hate them. What I don't get is how people benifit from sending a virus to your computer. I have never understood that. "Let me break the law and send a virus to this computer that deletes thier C drive" I just understand that.

Notice from electriic ink:

Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)