xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
reatum

Yahoo Briefcase What do you think

I used to use Yahoo! Briefcase, but I hate downloading files on dial-up...so I stopped. However, I just simply use my flash drive to back up everything and the things that I use the most are also on it. Oh, and Albus Dumbledore: They only allow you 30 MB of space, not 30 GB (I would use them then!!). I just thought I'd mention it so that you don't get confused.

oo lmao, well i was kinda crazed at the time for some reason, guess i read it wrong :( oo well i can still host all of my files on there, just not programs..heh thanx for the heads up.....

I Used to use yahoo briefcase, but now i use rapidshare and megaupload, and sometimes others cause it's fastest and more reliable.

Anyway, the yahoo briefcase offers something that most websites like yahoo don't, wich is an asset to the yahoo company.

I've used Yahoo Briefcase sometime ago as I had a Yahoo email account. 30MB at that time as sufficient until when flash drives and thumb drives became common. After that, I seemed to forget about that 30MB online drive from Yahoo.

I never liked RapidShare and MegaUpload. I think they are crappy because their downloads are always either invalid, have to wait for another 30 minutes, and another 30 minutes again, don't know why. Furthermore, their download speeds are very poor, at least it happened to me. Guess what, whatever I've got a successful download link from RapidShare, once in a blue moon, their download speeds was transfering at 8kbps. Never will it hit 10kbps and above. It was so dead slow. Comparing RapidShare with YouSendIt.com, I think YouSendIt.com can do things alot better, with download speeds above 100kbps. However similarly, YouSendIt.com only allows a certain number of downloads before the link turns invalid. But it will never let you wait for 30 minutes.

But now, I think another filehost is above every other else. Similarly to 30MB Yahoo Briefcase which requires a Yahoo account, FileLodge.com has 500MB space for every user that signs up an account free, and with unlimited download speeds, and unlimited number of downloads. Files will not be removed by the server, not even if the files were left untouched for 10 years. I guess that's somewhat GodLike among all other file hosting providers.

So do check this out, as an alternative to 30MB Yahoo Briefcase,

FileLodge

http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=filelodge&e=com

500 MB

Unlimited Bandwidth

Maximum 50 MB Filesize

Unmetered Downloads

Hope you guys will like it as much as I do.. :(

Well I think that it is by far not the best option, because today we have sooo many better sites that offer more space and many more options! IF we only take a look at Gdrive which is simple to use and with it you can easily store up to 2,5 GB of files...The only thing is that you have to simply cut files in 10mb pieces with a program like winRAR or similat. Than there is Megaupload and other similar services which are totally into this fluid-storage providing business so of course these are better options..Well the most important thing here is that YAhoo is a big company that offers MANY MANY services but none of them is as good as a single specified service of some other company (usually it is so), but we cannot say that this is only bad, it is also good because you can get many interesting useful stuff in the same place (yahoo.com for example)...As with every other stuff...it has good and bad sides of it;)greetz

Haha... I've only ever used Yahoo! Briefcase once... and that was to leech off an invalid link. Pretty useless, actually. I never tried to use it to upload my files cause it seems unstable. I use alternatives like Rapidshare and YouSendIt. Else, I do what I usually do right now, sending the file to myself as an attachment. It's pretty secure, so that's what I often do.

how i restore my briefcase documents.....!please help.Yahoo Briefcase

Hi I am using yahoo from 11 years and I like it very much and I missing badely its service of yahoo briefcase.Personaly I like it very much my many more documents was there but I forget to download back.Now I need documents hardly.Please some one help me and give me any solution to restore my yahoo briefcase's documents.

Thanks & Regards

Muhammad waseem

-reply by Muhammad WaseemKeywords: yahoo briefcase sign up

I used to use Yahoo! Briefcase a lot. I haven't used it in quite a while but I still think it's an asset for those who don't want to back up a lot of things, or for those who use Yahoo! a lot anyway. (I used to be very huge on Yahoo! Now I only use the messenger.) It does give them a bit of an advantage because most other e-mail sites don't offer something like that. I'm sure it's not one of the most forefront services from Yahoo! but it is a handy service to be sure.