xisto Community
sader

Do You Have A Mobile Phone? Then say how old are you

How old are you?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My nephew who is 7 years old has a cell phone. It's a Samsung but I can't remember which model it is. The oldest I know is an uncle who is about 63 years old... I don't know what phone he uses but I do call him up occasionally.I started off with an ancient Nokia 2050 while in high school, switched to a Nokia 6110, tried a couple of brands including a Siemens C35i, a Motorola V60, a Motorola V66, and an i-mate Jasjar (read as HTC Universal, since i-mate shut its doors during the economic recession), and had a Nokia 9210i Communicator (before the i-mate Jasjar). I had a Nokia 2600 as a spare phone that still works really great! I recently switched to a Nokia E72 and it offers pretty much everything that the i-mate Jasjar and the Nokia 9210i Communicator had to offer, but it all comes within a smaller and more practical package.Some things of the past still remain the best and I must say that the screen of the Nokia 2050 was really good for reading text messages with the green backlight for night reading.

Yes I do have. A Nokia 6680 and I love it because of it Symbian operating system. It's not the newest but it gets my jobs done. And I've almost forgot, I'm 17 years old. I used to have Nokia 3310 when I was 13-14 years old... it doesn't matters the years, the technology goes forward so fast that we can't grow that fast. :D

I got my first mobile phone when i was 18 , 8 years ago , it was a very bad mobile (ericsson) ,and now my grand-mother and she is 76 have her mobile,my other grand-mother is 80 and she has her mobile too , and for kids i've seen kids 7 or 8 years old buying their mobiles.

I have Sony Ericsson X10 MiniPro , nice and easy to use .And i´m old enough..... <_<

If you can get on the computer and talk in forums... you are old to have a cell phone... im sorry. XD

Oh god, we have 13yr olds on here. ABORT FORUM! GET TO THE ESCAPE PODS!

LOL.

I got my first mobile phone when i was 18 , 8 years ago , it was a very bad mobile (ericsson) ,and now my grand-mother and she is 76 have her mobile,my other grand-mother is 80 and she has her mobile too , and for kids i've seen kids 7 or 8 years old buying their mobiles.

I got my first cell phone when i was like 11.. it was a old crappy Cingular (YESH! it was before it turned AT&T) phone. I still have it though its all scratched up badly. It just goes to show that people of all ages use phones now.... well they should.... nothing wrong in having a phone. ;)

Out of all the people I know maybe there is only 1 guy who doesn't have a mobile phone. the reason is he is not that social and he does not see a need for it, plus I think he is a bit cheap as well. But the question for how old should you have a mobile phone?What age should you get a mobile phone is a personal decision. There is some parents who are not comfortable not knowing and being able to track where their kids are, and they need to keep contact all the time. Also there are parents who feel very comfortable when they children are away from them.I grew up without a phone. Gone are the days when all the children played outdoors while the adults on the block talked and laughed and kept an eye on the kids. We now live in a world of Amber alerts. I respect the parents who say my kids don't need a cell phone and I respect the parents who say my kids do need a cell phone.I do wish I did have one as a teenager so I can keep connecting with all my family and friends all the time.The most important thing as a parent is to determine your comfort level, and make your decision regarding your children with your comfort level in mind. There is no right or wrong age for a child to have a cell phone. My children don't use their phones often to call their friends. Between the three of us, we don't go over our minutes and we have 500 minutes per month. They pay for their downloads from their allowance, so they know how to restrain themselves. I know who they're talking to from looking at the phone bill. The bottom line: the whole family is at ease.

Yes , i do have. I'm 13 and as already said in another topic , i have a android smartphone HTC Desire. I got my first phone when i was 8 , but i didn't really need it. It was more like a gaming console :D Now i really need it , and use it mostly for phones and testing my android applications. There is really a cellphone "evolution" and many people are getting touchscreen and smart cellphones. I really like that , so the use of applications , we (the mobile developers make) , can be used much more , so we can earn as we should , and the users will be happy :) That's a powerful ecosystem :)I really support Android , and it's openness. It is cool to have an OS which you can customize it as you want , add the code you want , and share what you've done.