xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amezis

My New Site Not On Google

Hi, I've just got a domain name and paid webhosting for one of my sites, http://www.global-rs.com/.

This was done on monday last week (sept 26th)... But still nothing on google, even if there are lots of link to my site...

Then I checked on Yahoo!. Two of the pages in my site appeared in Yahoo!, but not the main page... Strange... Yahoo has at least seen my site...

Then, I checked on MSN Search. Wow! 77 of my pages are listed.

What's happening to google? They are obviously slower than the other engines now, or is it something else? And how can I manage to appear in Google?

Your site isn't bad. It'll get a great rank.But still looking at it, I don't see what it's about. When people open up the site, it should be very straight forward, showing them what the site is all about.

it's impossible for a new site to be appear in google ... let alone the search engine result page ... if you are lucky enough .. you can get out of the sandbox for 2 months .. if not it will normally take up more than 1 year to come out from the sand box ... it's a anti-spam algorithm used by google to prevent new spam site .. and looking at the domain age and linking ..

But still looking at it, I don't see what it's about. When people open up the site, it should be very straight forward, showing them what the site is all about.

192231[/snapback]

It's a fansite for the MMORPG game RuneScape. Most people entering my site knows what it is about though :huh:

Oh just a question about the google's sandbox... Is it listed even if it is in the sandbox? And if yes, then my site should appear when searching "site:http://www.global-rs.com/; or "site:global-rs.com", but well, it still doesn't.

The last time i submitted a site to google it took longer than a week for it to show up. I mean techinically it can take a week if your lucky enough to be spidered right after you submit but i've had sites that have taken up to a month or so befor the url appears.round

Google doesn't automatically pick up everything. You should submit your site to Google Sites. Google usually needs a few days to crawl the web and pick up new/updated sites. It might appear in a bit. Just me patient :huh:

Your site looks very nice, I would have believed it if "The Difference. The Quality" was about the ite itself :]. It's overall very clean, and the header looks very nice too. Too bad google doesnt look at design but they look at content, but your site is rich of content too, so I dont think you have to worry (much...)

Try reducing your number of keywords. Keywords are given next to 0 importance in PageRank but can affect you negatively if the spider thinks you're 'keyword stuffing'.Also, you've got an extra <body> tag above your <head> tag which shouldn't be there.

Ok, thanks for the info, Tyssen. Also, thanks for all the good comments.As I said, the site is about a MMORPG. If I search for RuneScape Skill Guides in MSN, my site turns out as the first site. However, it's strange that google haven't listed me. I have also lots of backward links now, and I have submitted my site to Google Sitemaps with a valid XML sitemap. The status is currently "OK" and the site has been crawled... I hope it will get indexed soon then...

You should make sure google has accepted to add your site. And make sure you have make a CSS sheet for google to use to look for you site. PM me if you want to know how to make one or if you want me to create one free.. I am willing to help if you really needed it. So remember to PM me if you still cant get your site on google. :)

The best possible way of getting your site ranked in Google is to mind your sites' content. My website got in Google only in 15 days. The best possible way i would suggest is dont build your site for google build it for your customers. The more precise you are about your content the more quiker you will get into google.Lastly dont waste your time in exchanging link with FFAs try and make quality link partners. this will certailny help