xisto Community
mayank

New Features In Gmail! gmail launched new features

I'm not sure if it's really new or not... but it's new to me and I really like it, so it could be new to you too...Anyway, I downloaded the gmail notifier, which tells me whenever a get mail. I love that. I used to be one of those psycho-nuts that would keep a email window open at all times and refresh often... Okay, so the window is still up there all the time, but I don't have to refresh nearly as much. And I get all excited like a little kid in a candy store when I see I have new mail. Sad, yes... but true.And the other thing, that I actually just discovered today that I like are the shortcut keys in gmail... I don't know them all really well just yet, but I made a little cheat sheet from the ones they had listed, so I could try them out.Anyway... I'm sure there is way more to discover... there always seems to be something new when it comes to Google.

I actually do find the new features handy. They work great if you accidently mess up or for some reason click on the inbox and it ruins your message. The export I don't use, but it probably works great just like all of google's stuff. It will soon out compete yahoo.

Is it still in a beta phase? Didn't know that. The save function is a very good idea and also the export function, cus much people do have more then one e-mail account, like one private and one for work.

my favorite feature out of gmail is the autosave. Now i don' thave to worry typing a long email and it would just close so i would lose my information. I think that's the only email that can do that. I just think that's the coolest thing. go Gmail. but other than that its easy to use and lots of space.

the new gmail feature is great. How i could write letters without bothering to save it so i could continue with it later. Which save time and as we all know time equals MONEY. Just kidding. But i really think that gmail will be sometime special, unlike other email providers.

The best thing about Gmail has to be the shell drive extension if only they would let you host things like if your Mithshark@gmail.com you could host things at Mithshark.Gmail.com/something... It wouldnt even take more of there bandwidth

I wrote some emails last night and the auto-save is awesome! It saves your message after some seconds and it automatcally shows in your Drafts folder. You don't need a power interuption to test if this new feature working, it actually works! Now the competitors are now asking themselves why didn't they think about that before. hehehe

The only problem with all these Google inventions is that they're all in Beta. Maybe they should review their inventions in their own labs for much longer periods before releasing it online as a Beta service.

Also, with the Google Earth, they didn't really develop it. They bought a company called Keyhole and then based Google Earth on Keyhole. If you go to https://www.google.com/earth/ right now, you can get better versions of Google Earth (but all these have to be paid for). Google Earth also has paid-versions.

Oh, did you know that major networks like the American news network CNN and many United States military branches are using developments of Keyhole? They also have this cool customized tracking feature for enterprises who need to keep track of their cars, employees, aircraft, etc. In my opinion, the major delivery companies (e.g.: FedEx, Purolator, UPS) should implement the enterprise versions of Keyhole.

192027[/snapback]

That's quite an idea, about FedEx, etc. Not only could we read where our packages are, but we could look on a map to tell the distance and time as well. I'm not sure if that is what you were getting at.

That would be pretty cool for FedEx, UPS, or DHL to implement Keyhole...would make package tracking almost a little too good though...Anyway, this is a Gmail thread, and regarding the new features, i absolutely LOVE auto-save!! It is wonderful! The export feature is nice, but I don't have all of my contacts on Gmail yet, so I don't really have anything to export...it will come in handy eventually though...Go Google!!

Guess what Guyz!

Another new feature for GMAIL...now it has virus scanning as well!
For more information you can go to this link Virus feature

Ok Lot of things are already part of GMAIL which is making it the fav. amongst people and lot many to be still introduced.

Let me start a new section in which we'll discuess about the features which we want...if that is not started yet.

Gmail is becoming a great service and it?s still in beta phase. But the fact is that works really well, so they?re not going to launch it as definitive until they get completely sure that is the best email service. Right now I only miss a way to make groups of contacts (if it?s possible I don?t know why).

yes i was going to suggest the link

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/25760

for people who want to look at the new virus scanning thing. I just think its great. It makes my email reading days a lot better. I don' t have to worry about those evil viruses. Too bad it doesn't happen for all the email companies. Gmail i love you. lol.