xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

Google's Going To Take Over The World. Submit or be destroyed

From labs.google.com:

Passionate about these topics? You should work at Google.

? algorithms

? artificial intelligence

? compiler optimization

? computer architecture

? computer graphics

? data compression

? data mining

? file system design

? genetic algorithms

? information retrieval

? machine learning

? natural language processing

? operating systems

? profiling

? robotics

? text processing

? user interface design

? web information retrieval

? and more!

What else would you do with artificially intelligence and genetic data? They're obviously trying to create superintelligent robots that will index our DNA like Google Desktop indexes our computers. Anyone who doesn't let their genes be indexed will be vaporized and erased from history, because by this time Google will have control over all the information sources in the world. Once they figure out what each gene does they'll index our minds. Then they'll hook us up to one giant supercomputer that will figure out what we should think of and make us think of it.

You can't hide from Google, people, they will prevail.

well I highly doubt that google will pull off a successful OS system to many competitors M$ and Mac pretty much have that control and any OS made are pretty much eating up by those two anyways.The same with AI you need the money and the resources to pull that off along with the right people who have the right skills and that won't be cheap either.But with the job positions they are talking about basically means you need engineering skills along with computer skills that meet the high standards of successful companies that deal with them as well.You forget google money is all tied up in stock i don't know to many people at google who get straight cash from investing.

LOL! :huh:Very fun!Google's engineers and creators are really brilliant indeed,but such idea is very "Hollywoodian" (hey, this would make anice film - full of clich?s)What you want? Lead the "Operation Search Engine" and attackGoogle's "Headquarters"? :P

If Google takes over the world, I'll go willingly.

Here Here, LOL
But serously, lets think about it for a minute. You bolded three things, the first:
1) Artificial Intelligence: Just imagine how much more stable your computer would be if it could forsee errors that would result from certin actions? The way it is now every feature of a program (with the exception of VBA enabled applications) is coded before hand and the developer must expect all possable errors, which is near imposable, that in a nut shell is why programs crash, so imagine a program that will say, before it crashes, "THat's a bad I idea, I won't do it". This technology will also cary into server technology, no doubt that is what google cares about. Or imagine a web index that determins what the best result based upon user prefrence, more on that later. Not to mention other possable things. Translation, smart searching ("I want to find information about clouds"), fintering, smart compression, easy programing (determin what you want based upon sentances rather then code), and much more.
2) Genetic Algorithms, all that need to be said is the defination:

Robust search algorithms that do not require knowledge of the objective function to be optimized and can search through large spaces quickly. They were derived from processes of molecular biology and the evolution of life. Their operators, crossover, mutation, and reproduction, are isomorphic with the synonymous biological processes. Instead of DNA or RNA strands, genetic algorithms usually process strings of symbols of finite length; these symbols encode the parameters to be optimized.

or how about understanding how the human brain works, not to hook it up to a computer, but rather to make a data storage system based upon the results. Research estimates that our brain is capable of storing the equivalant of many many terabytes of info, so how, google as descused in a diffrent thread has an insane amount of informaiton to store, so how about a more efficant way of storing it?3) machine learning: THis one related to what I said about smart indexes, meaning what? you say. Well simply put google already tries that, And people have taken advantage of how it is done, in a process called Google Bombing Now what that means is that if you search google right now for "failure" George Bushes biography is the top result, that means that according to google a large number of people are linking to that page with the context of failure. But a smart system would take into account the amount of time a user searched for a topic, how long they stayed on a page after clicking the result, and wither people who search for failure actualy click George Bushes bio, if every 1 in 4000 people who search for failure actualy click his bio then eventualy even though results from the spiders might still rang it top, that page would move down in favor of something that the google user found to be a better result.

You see all a simple (if you can call that simple) explination. Besides tell me what advantage would google have controling everybodys mind? then there would be no business for them, as money wouldn't be an issue, and people wouldn't search for anything because they would have no nead, google wouldn't tell them to, because vegatibles don't need to know what product had the upc code 6618801330 LOL

google is comsidable awesome indeed.to take over the world is a great thing for google.maybe google's opertating system or multimedia player film product,food arean...will be famous in future.google logo is really the most prevalent symbol.

Google is one day going to be better than all the rest, unless one of its competitors (Old or New) steps in and creates a whole new brand of...stuff.Maybe someone will beat Google one day, but that day will be far from today. :huh:

Google is awesome, with all kinds of new stuff coming out, google may overtak even microsoft in creating Operating Systems. But take over the world? Not in a million years, unless theres really no other competitor out there pushing google off the peak of the mountain

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merging double posts. Please be patient when submitting your post--looks like you submitted twice with a same post.

Its true Google are going to take over the world and I can prove it:

check out this 'article': Google Purge

just to clear this up I am aware this is a joke (hopefully), but there's always the chance that Google are evil and plan to index the genetic information of the world, anyway if this did happen I would also gladly let them. And hey rather Google than Microsoft.

But back to the taking over the world its already started to take my computer, what with Google Desktop Search and Google Talk, if there was an OS, i'd have that too.

"we'll make dreams clickable, or destroy them forever." - Sergey Brin (Co-founder: Google)

. Anyway watch out for brian liquifying Googlebots, coming to a street near you soon (ok probably not, but its funny)

Google is really good at algorithms. Ever since they established themselves as a search engine company, there have been brilliant innovations nearly every year. We actually witness its growth year by year. They shock the world by introducing the Gmail account. And then they acquired Blogger dot com, reaching the blogging community. They then have Orkut, a relationship management community targeted at users of Friendstar and Wallop. They have Video Google, which is quite promising (the first of its kind to allow users to upload unlimited videos of the latest Mpeg-4 quality), although I think the uploading speed need to be improved a lot. Earth Google is a service that I like a lot. I can even see the rooftop of my building in it. It is nice to hear that they are working with libraries which I think can improve the searching quality of libraries by a great deal. They also launched a plan to 3D scan all buildings somewhere in California. I am looking for the day when they release the 3D scan to the Internet community. It will be very exciting. Google?s impact to the world is that they have renewed people interest in algorithms. Ever since the computing world is plagued with poorly written programs and operating systems, people have relied on the engineers to bring in some robust hardware to handle the mess. But to do thing efficiently is also important. Google search engine is less hardworking then those of MSN and Yahoo, yet its searching quality is better then those two. It must have to do with algorithms.

The idea of google taking over the world definitely doesn't sound too good. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. They may be service and people minded now providing lots of powerful enviable free services but how long will they last in light of the possible profits they can make? Why would they continue to make it free when there are already people who will "support" them even if they conquer the earth? These people who "support" them will definitely "buy" their porduct. If google creates an OS. Think of it, will it be free? Does it mean it will be better or worse if they charge for it? I mean we really cannot predict but look at microsoft. There is always this idea that a monopoly is bad, it stifles competition.And let's say google starts charging us all for their free products and makes lots of money from it, other firms will enter the industry and try to do the same thing. Driving their prices down and increasing competition. However, if google in the name of profit decides to prevent them from doing that through blocking entry barriers or buying up all the best engineers, then the evil google monopoly will lower our consumer surplus. We will have less welfare, less goods and higher prices because of less competition.

Didn't people think microsoft was going to take over the world?.....and they didn't...at least not that i know of. Google's homepage is so ugly and its been the same for years. a big google and a search box. maybe simple is better

I would say that expression "Google is going to take over the world" is a bit exessive! Maybe guys from Google management made a few steps foward lately, but thats not a reason to amplificate things... It would be bad if Google really takes over the world, because absolute pover brings no further development, and we would be stuck for years on one place... Like yhcln1 said, people were also taking the same things for Micro$oft, and those rumors have never come true...

Related to Google home page looks, I think that they give more to functionality than to design, and I support them in that...