xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HoRuS

Buying Pc's Over Internet Argh

Here's the story... (almost a soap)My old pc died like 2weeks ago, when I ordered one over the internet.They delivered it rather quick, within 5 days but the problem is... It worked only the day it came. It began with the blue screen about vxd components and now not even 7 days later it won't even boot properly, it won't even boot at all!Now I got to wait till they bring another new system (free) wich will take almost another week. Argh! So after this is over, I will just go to a store and buy my stuff there, on internet only god knows what they'll deliver.Just my vent :huh:

Well the internet is a very unique and somewhat risky place when it comes to buying goods from. It all depends from where you bought your product. Sometimes websites can be very trustful, while some are set up just to scam its victims. Anyways, try to send back your pc to the vendor from which you got it from and see what they can do about it. If you need some help, update us with the current news. I wish you the best of luck and hope to hear from you shortly!

well we could have a better understanding if you told us what kind of computer you got, best thing to do is buy a computer from the the actually maker and not a store website the sells them oyu will have a better chance that the computer is not screwed up.

At least they're replacing it for you though, right? I don't see how actually buying it from a shopfront kind of store will make it any faster. Usually they have to contact the manufacturer and ask them for a replacement (unless it's a custom built kind of machine that's built in the store - in which case they still need to contact the manufacturer for the specific component that's playing up.)Internet is usually cheaper anyway - I'd still recommend it (unless you want to go to computer markets or something - but that's no less risky, really.)

Yeah they are replacing it, but my thoughts are when someone buys a pc, it should work from day 1 and not to wait again for 2 weeks lol. It's a rather professional company though, wich I won't mention, but here in Holland they are a well respected company so thats why I was so annoyed by this.It's a Compaq Deskpro P3 (866 mzh). When I get the new system and that one is also messed up, I'll post the company name :huh:

Haha, nice idea. Though I highly doubt they'll send you another flawed one. Anyway, I tend to steer from ordering online, because you never know what goes on in the internet. I keep hearing about scam stories, so I generally became cautious about seeing these two things together.Internet <---> MoneyAnyway, :P I think that when I finally come of age, I can try and break free from the curse. The only thing I ever bought online was my domain name, http://www.strawberrymint.com/ from a local *in my country* online domain seller. I paid it through a bank deposit :( and I got my domain the same day. I know, I know, I'm still overly cautious, but it's better than being too carefree, right? :huh:

well exually i'm buying a new computer, i was doubting to maybe buy it on the internet because then its just cheaper... but then you dont have such good services... so i orded it at a dad of a friend of mine... but i am waiting 4 freaking weeks and i still dont have the computer... :@he keeps delaying it :huh:

Whoa! I just got my replacement and I think they thougt they had to make up. They now "gave" me a pc wich is twice the specs as the broken one had. lolz I guess I just got lucky :huh:

Well, I have to be honest here. I bought my pc online, but I did ask for verification of identity. Meaning, in Belgium all businesses (legitimate that is) need a BTW number (taxes), and through that number you can find their name address etc. So when that checked out, I did deposit some money to allow the order to go through, and to my surprise (I swear I thought it was a rip off) I heard back from that guy, and 5 days later I had my pc standing in front of me. Everything worked out fine, I had what I ordered (be it with an illegal windows XP on it - but that could be fixed, since I never paid for a license to him). So I had good experiences with buying online :huh: If you don't mind, you could write a review about the service etc. With their name and a link :P

What was your original system, and what's the one they gave you?

Well the processor is only a bit better.
1st one was 733 mzh, new one 866 mzh
1st RAM was 128 mB, new one 256 mB
1st HD was 10 gigs, new one 20 gigs.

I know compared to all new made pc's this is nothing much, but hey, it's the best I ever had :P

If you don't mind, you could write a review about the service etc. With their name and a link

Well I don't know if it will be of use, it's a Dutch company wich don't operate overseas (yet). They buy used pc's from companies and fix them up with all new parts and sell them for cheap $$$. Mine was about $159,-. I also did ask for a certificate, wich they had, so they're registered at the kvk (Dutch register for companies).
Well if you still like a review just let me know :huh: