xisto Community
GeT HeXD

How To Install A Favicon Yup, a favicon.

yes, i have done similar tutorials in the past and have also found out that the image does not certainly need to be in .ico formatit has also worked for me .png file formatfor making .ico files you can make use of corel draw, or i use a software called icon developer which converts png file format to .ico

can some1 please tell me which softwre lets me .ico files ? ;) paint and photoshop does not i think :P

I ask the same question. I assume you cannot just rename .jps eh? :lol:. Somone said it takes a while to load - it shouldn't. It is a 16x16 image file, so it should be VERY small, no more then one kb, maaaaaybe two.

thats a nice tutorial. i think you did it right as you can see with the feedback :P many people didnt know what to google for so they couldnt mind any tutorials for it. anyways i was wondering about making the actual .ico file. apart from the photoshop plugin which limits people the actualy getting photoshop in the firsyt place cant you just rename a 'normal' picture to .ico and if you can are there images that you cant rename to .ico that wont work?thanks a lot for answeres :lol:

thats a nice tutorial. i think you did it right as you can see with the feedback :P many people didnt know what to google for so they couldnt mind any tutorials for it.
anyways i was wondering about making the actual .ico file. apart from the photoshop plugin which limits people the actualy getting photoshop in the firsyt place cant you just rename a 'normal' picture to .ico and if you can are there images that you cant rename to .ico that wont work?

thanks a lot for answeres :lol:

I'm pretty sure that the answer is no, because .ico is more than an extension, it's how the file is coded. I'm not positive but I believe that is correct. ;)

Finally I know how it is done! Although, I can't use photoshop... I wonder if there is another way to make an icon...Many thanks.Edit: Thanks buffalo for posting those icon coverters. I should have seen them BEFORE I posted this...

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)