xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
round

Would You Shop Using Your Cellphone online cellphone shopping cart

I was wondering if i should try implimenting an online shopping cart that's wap compatible. I mean would anyone here every use they're cellphones to buy stuff online? Need opinions.round

first of all ... why should I want to shop using my cell phone?I've got my comp and a couple of super-markets I can usually reach within less than 20 minutes - and that's cheaper than a wap connection......but I suppose there would be people crazy enough to use that...

I certainly think that there are people that would buy stuff with cell phones, but for me if I am making an online purchase I want to shop around a lot to make sure I am getting the best price. So this requires a lot of searching webpages, googleing, etc.. which would not be practical on a cell phone.

Sorry to put you down, but I wouldn't use a mobile phone to buy stuff. With bluetooth and ways to connect to other phones people would start taking advantage of it. Plus, I don't think many networks encrypt the data they send, so sending credit card information and other such stuff probably isn't the best of ideas.

Definitely no. How can you buy something without seeing it or even touching it? I don?t like to buy on the net so I wouldn?t do it with a cellular phone. But I?m a little weird so it may work :ph34r:

ok here's the thing guys i was asking a question. No reason to freak out here. There are people out there that download things to their cellphones, like songs and stuff all the time.round

If I"m not spending time pressing small buttons text messaging than I'd probably not be shopping on my cell phone. what a pain would that be. Tpying in like your name, address, credit card, or paypal email adress or whatever is accepted if the thing does happen. I don't think its going to be hot thing if it does come out. I'm not all for it... maybe some of you are. I prefer the old shopping method. Taking my lazy butt out of the couch and walking to the store... voila.. instant shopping.

Truth is nobody would really do it, but hey, technology is advancing every day... Who would have told in 1600 something like the internet? Maybe in a few years. Not right now, but i bet it would be very nice to be the first, or one of the first to have this system implemented in your website, as someday people would be willing to do so. Thats why they made celphones with web-capacities in the first place...I believe theres gonna be a point where people would not even have a pc (or mac or whatever) but they will be still connecting to the net and downloading, and chatting and shopping online from whatever media avaible they use.Who knows... maybe tomorrow we'll be able to connect to the net via telepathy... hehe (i wouldnt trust my mind to do money tramits trhough the internet though... :huh: )

I like shopping with my legs to be honest...

Really? Every time I've tried that I've got kicked out of the store for knocking stuff off the shelves with my feet. Much prefer shopping with my hands really. :huh:
I personally wouldn't shop online with a mobile phone, but then I've never accessed the Internet with one either.

Really? Every time I've tried that I've got kicked out of the store for knocking stuff off the shelves with my feet. Much prefer shopping with my hands really.  :huh:

I personally wouldn't shop online with a mobile phone, but then I've never accessed the Internet with one either.

190756[/snapback]

Hahaha lol, yeah it could be a trouble! People who owns the stores are much happier with hand-shopping users (or even hand shop-lifting users hehe).

I, myself, have not ever used a phone to access a web page, but a pocket pc though. There are not a lot of places where i can plug my self in with the mobile stuff anyway (besides of the university, and my room! some one in my block has a wireless internet connection and it reaches my bed:D )hehehe