xisto Community
guangdian

Database Error down down...

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/guangdi/public_html/ons-com-ru/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67
Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/guangdi/public_html/ons-com-ru/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 70
ERROR: Cannot find database guangdi_i
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/guangdi/public_html/ons-com-ru/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 103

There appears to be an error with the xxxx|ons.com.ru database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the board administrator by clicking here

Error Returned

on the table is

mySQL query error: DELETE FROM trap17_ipbsessions WHERE running_time < 1127957239 or ip_address='61.55.239.23'
mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
mySQL error code:
Date: Wednesday 28th of September 2005 07:27:19 PM

Generally, when this happens, it's a good idea to check out other sites hosted on Xisto as well. If the other sites are down, then it's not your fault. It means that Xisto's MySQL server is down. Just wait a while and everything will be back to normal...no need to make posts like this.

You should pin this for reference so people don't make posts like this.

190223[/snapback]

Done and done.

I too am getting a similar error with my MySQL database, both of them actually.  When I try to open the pages that run off of the database, it gives me the same message previously posted by guangdian.  How can I fix this?

190227[/snapback]

Just wait. The MySQL server is down, and it will be back up. It has always came back up in the past within 24 hours, and it will this time. I guarantee it.

Is there a chance that someone could send out an email notification when the server is back?Please and thanks...

I think you are wrong with your "one hour". If you are enough lucky you will see that mysql works after several hours... I repeat... only if you are lucky.I don't know why these errors happens frequently to mysql database on Xisto.com. I have other sites hosted on free hosts (other than Xisto) and I haven't had never problems with mysql.I hope these will be solved soon and good.

nelimitat,If you feel that you are dissatisfied with Xisto's service you are welcome to find services elsewhere. We do not want to provide a free web hosting service and all we hear is complains after complains. Didn't occur to anyone that because someone is messing around with the database that it shuts off to protect the server? guangdian,For weeks there have been announcements about moving to different servers and few difficulties members might face. Yet each and every time some hosting issue arises, everyone starts to post what kind of horrible experience that they are having. This is unacceptable people!