xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LeAnn Rimes My Angel

Posts Higher Value

I think that when people post, it should give them more credit days than it currently does. It takes a long time to make replies and new posts to some people like myself who don't type very fast, and to constantly be active to make sure that there are enough days remaining is a lot of time and work, considering people could get a paid site for around $3 or $4 a month. The cost is very cheap, and not all of the features that this site offers is necessarily used by everyone. I could pay for a site, and have everything I need for a very low cost, and not worry about how many posting days I have left.I'm not complaining, only suggesting. You may say... why don't you leave and pay for a site? Well, it's because my members are very familiar with the current URL, and it would be a huge amount of work to move everything to a paid site and convert it at this point. I do appreciate all the word and things that you do, but extra days for people's posts would be very nice, if it would be considered.Ok, thanks for reading this post. I hope it is taken into consideration. Have a great day everyone. :ph34r:

Ok what I have to say about this is...please read the post thoroughly...see what Avalon, me, Opaque and other members have to say about it (http://forums.xisto.com/topic/27748-earning-hosting-credits-is-easy-dont-be-fooled-by-the-naysayers/). Make sure you read it completely and you'll learn that it's not about making less posts...its about making lengthy and quality posts...if you're post will be having good content like the one you have posted just above...you'll be earning good credits and say if you make a post which will fetch you say 1.5 credits and like this you make say...5 posts in a day..which is possible in less than 1 hr. then you'll be able to have 7.5 credits and this way your hosting will be active for 6 days and that too for a small effort of less than an hr.

So be happy in what you are getting...and start to love this community and you'll be having more credits and will find that keeping you site up for months and that too without being posting will be simple :ph34r:

Notice from KuBi:
Edit as per requested.
Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

I already know and understand the conditions completely. Thank you anyhow for pointing that out to me. Yes, I know it's about making longer posts and not about the number of posts. That should have been specified by myself, but I forgot to point that out. I am happy at what I am getting, obviously, but I am not afrade to suggest that everyone gets more credits for the length (and / or quality) of their posts. Please don't tell me to love anything, I don't appreciate that at all. I do however appreciate the services here, and I contribute my time and effort into it in order to have and maintain my own site. It's not about personal love to me, but it may be to others. I'm not trying to be rude here, only realistic about the situation. I appreciate your feedback and the time you took to get the link for me. I did read it.So if the posting credits could be considered to be increased for everyone as I suggested, that would be really nice. I don't have a lot of time to contribue as my credit days suggest, and I'm sure a lot of others here are busy as well. Considering the time it takes to make posts, to many here, it would be more financially and time-worthy to simply pay for a site as opposed to having a free one where you donate your time into posts. In all honesty, this is a superb idea, and I love how the system works.Thanks for the consideration. :ph34r:

hi,what do you mean by

Well, it's because my members are very familiar with the current URL, and it would be a huge amount of work to move everything to a paid site and convert it at this point.

?they are familiar your domain like "yourname.trap17.com"? oh,plz not sir.if you have so many members you need a real toplevel domain like "Xisto.com" but not using the second level domain for your site.even you would using the .com.ru domain ro .yi.org domain ?but why you are using yourname.trap17.com domain?haha,that only increase the Xisto's alexa traffic rank you know?if you are using a toplevel domain then what's the problem with you?nothing,you just bind your name to the paid host.the paid host supported more and more features than free webhost you know?yes,i confirmed you would just check the http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ for more details.you would bind unlimited domains,unlimited addon domains and parked domains.that 's so good ,very useful.and they just give that:
SSH /Shell Access
FrontPage Extensions
Backup Facilities
adn more and more....
which i think is not contained by the free webhost cpanel.
i think.
-------------
and you talked about the credits of post,yes,until now i have been using so many webhost provider's service and now i'm using another two free webhost except the Xisto,they both not hard to post so many post to get the credits.their credits is more easy you don't need pay so much time to that,the time is just half of the Xisto i think and their service is very good also,i just determined which is better with Xisto.and the other webhost you need post 1 for 1 month i think.
by them,i think they got their style.we just not changed them.we can only accepted i think.
good luck.
your friends
guangdian :ph34r:

Even though I have more than enough credits to keep my hosting account alive, sometimes there are days when I cannot write a nice, lengthy quality posts. Usually I post a reply to what's been on the board for a while. Once in a while, if the forums don't have it already, I'll post a new topic in which the content is a bit more than a reply.

Please do not be rude to Dark God, everyone is entitled to their opinions/ideas whether you agree with them or not.

Hopefully I won't get in trouble for hijacking this thread because that is not the intention. I can see where Dark God is coming from but I don't agree with giving more credits for the same amount of posting.

However, what about a variation on Dark God's idea. Dark God says they have a lot of members of their web site. What if their members could contribute to these forums with posts like everyone else and the credits for the posts go to Dark God's account. This means their members could support their site AND help keep the forums here active? These members of Dark God's site would not be able to have their own site unless they applied for an account under a different user name and posted under that name to earn credits.

I think this could work, have a 'supporters' forum account where the forum user must nominate at the time of account creation what other forum user they would like their credits to go to.

Another benefit with this idea is that your friends/members could keep the account active if you happen to be away for an extended time.

What do you think?

P.S. You can already do something along these lines by using the credit transfer option in the Hosting Account Center

My request was not intended to be considered "rude". :D I was asking for something from the moderators and admins here. It may get accepted, and it may not. In either case, it is worth asking no matter what. :ph34r: I do like your idea very much, Avalon. It would be very nice if I could get the members on my forums to post here in order to pool together and contribute the acumulated credits into one. I believe that is what you meant. Thank you for your suggestion.If I could get my members register and post here, could this be done? [Moderators or Admins only please]

Sry not a moderator or admin. But I believe that no you can not give credits to others. But I?m not sure. Anyway the post credits are very reasonable. You probably made about 3-7 credits just posting in this 1 thread. That?s 7 days almost. So I don?t see a reason to make it any higher. For example you could write 1 tutorial and make like 15 credits. Its not difficult at all. And every time they raise the number of credits that are earned in a post. Then I believe that they lose money because people will not come to the forums as often as the Admins and mods would want them to.So just post, its not hard and if you really find it so hard get a paid host, because if you look at other pay per click programs out their? you will realize how hard they are compared to Xisto.

Ok, now why don't you guys try this.Keep posting at the forums and just try to main your credits at 10. Lets see how difficult it is to maintain the credits.The credit system wants you to be more active for shorter periods of time. So being active for 1 min in 3 days is better than being active for 1 hour in 2 weeks.Think about it :-)

I agree with Opaque. I had my credits at 20 for quite a while and its still hasn't been dropped lower than ten. I haven't posted on the board in quite a while too. Just make a couple of posts and try to make it above ten. And then keep posting whenever you can. The credit system is fine as it is. A little effort every now and then can keep you from spending money for a real host. ^_^Also, I think that if your members want to donate to you, they'd have to have more than 30 credits first. and plus theres a 2% deduction during the transfer. (Can't remember how I know that)

It is really not that simple. After posting one topic or reply, I see my credit only going up one or two days, and they are generally not short replies. Could it be possible that the moderators could decrease the posting value of members when they do make a post, or does it have to do with something else?(This keyboard is broken, so I cannot type question marks.)

Moderators and administrators (except for one) do not have control over the credit script values. However, what is clear is that once you reach a certain member rank the credit awarded per word/post is less than what you started as a newbie. But do not dismay and think about this: if you were to post 1 post a day that earned you 2 credits, and you make posts 4 times a week that's 8 credits per week. I make about 5 posts a day so that means I am earning 10 credits a day. But mostly I'm helping members out on the shoutbox so I spend quite a time on the forum but to make 5 posts, it take me less than 20 minutes I'd say...?So 10 credits per day times 4 days = 40 credits per week. I can be active for one good week and I can be free for the whole month. But if I stay active every other week, at the end of the month I'll have 80 credits earned. I truly think it's very fair.

I can't believe you would ask for more credits per post. I made my first 40 credits in 24 hours. It doesn't take that long. I am very happy that they have the hosting credits and the free hosting you can recieve for them and so is many other people. They have to get something out of us getting free hosting too and that has to do with active forums and stuff like that.