xisto Community
Tonny

What Software Do You Use For Watching Movies divx,bsplayer . . .

when watching .iso files (image files) I use daemon tools and VLC otherwise I sometimes use windows media player...although I dont tend to because a lot of the codex must be downloaded to watch...and I find this annoying so I just try to stay away from it. I use Itunes for any .mp4 files and powerdvd is a good one too.

I have used BS Player for a long, long time; not the newer versions because they have adware, but that old version that came with ACE Mega Codec Pack.It's sad that creators stop developing this product; I've considered it to be the best codec pack on the webz.Anyway ACE Codec Pack doesn't run, for some reason, on Vista (maybe Microsoft has something to do with this ... those bastards) so I don't use my old-school BS Player anymore, but I use VLC instead for all the media files I need.JetAudio is a another great player, but I haven't used it so much lately.

I prefer KMPlayer over VLC. For some reason, VLC tend to throw out alot of errors when i play Divx encoded AVIs. KMPlayer on the other hand handles error much properly and can playback virtually anything thrown in, including games cinematics format, bink video aka .bik

Link : http://forums.kmplayer.com/forums/

which software do you use for watching movies?which one is the best?

i use cyberlink power dvd and im think that its ok. it could be much better. more options like zoom can create this software better. what do u think?

Dear friends I always use Windows media player, and obviously for some reasons like sound effects Jet Audio. But three years ago I found some problem with them that is to say some of friends suggested me to develope one of my own and I did this was due to some basic reasons and facilities which my friends were in need of. Like playlist of audio and vedio files combined together and playlist of vedios etc. And due to which I developed my own using the MP control in VB6.0 and named it as SKN Champ. And using it successfully now. 

Mostly I use the Cyberlink PowerDVD, it was bundled with my DVD writer. PowerDVD gives me more control over the visual settings and sound effects. The controls are really cool. Thats why I like it. My next preference is VLC media player. It can play almost any format of video...so I use this to watch all the formats not supported or giving problems with powerDVD.

Definitely MPlayer design7/news.html
It's really good, a small download, free and complete.

And if you like a nice user interface, you can use SMPlayer http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/
SMPlayer is built exactly on MPlayer, just making the user experience a bit better.

And, oh, I never had a movie that couldn't be played with MPlayer.

I try to keep my system with less number of media players so i prefer codec pack+embeded media players. I think K-lite media codec pack is really nice alternative. and with that you get large set of codecs. Also it comes up with real player & divx alternative. You can easily play those files on Medial player classic.To capture the screenshots i use "Moviesnapshots" software which can stop each and every frame and can take screenshots. :)

Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)

i don wan too many media plater install on my computer, i use windows media player that came with windows and install codec (storm codec). it would be enough to play all type of movie.

I'd always used windows media player but now i Use VLC player because its just quicker and more lightweight and works with alot of video codecs