xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowdemon

The Hosting Thing

after you but a hosting package do u spend your credits and wat does it mean post daily to keep your credits up is that like instead of charging us moeny they charge us credits. And i had a question anyone no any good sites for learning programming

The whole idea of the posting credits is this...if you have posteed something worthy then you will have a credit, lets just say, 10, which means that it is good for ten days only. Therefore when your ten days is over your hosting is suspended. But of course you dont need to wait for your credit to reach 0 and everytime you post something your credit is added. This is designed this way so that we remain active in this forum. About the programming, what language do you like to learn? But anyway you could try to search the web and you will be able to find a good site for your needs.

Basically, yes. You "buy" things with credits which you earn by making quality posts on the forum. The credit system is automatic. Once you make a post, you gain a certain amount of credits. This was Opaque's brainchild :PAnd you can read the rest of what Saga wrote - he's gonna lead you the right way :P

Yes, indeed you should call them hosting credits instead of hosting days. And yes, you can easily start to manage almost any kind of programming language in the Xisto - Support forums. Certainly the worst thing that could happen must be the fact of being suspended because of this creditless situation.

Once your site gets suspended you have to earn at least four hosting credits in order to reactivate your account, which doesn't necesarily means that all your files get deleted along with this inactivity unless you have certain (i guess it is -30 hosting credits) number of negative credits.

Cheers! :P

What I find hard is how we have to keep active on the forums nearly all the time but no spamming. What is considered spam? Could I write a really long post that makes no real sense but will give me a lot of credits and hope a mod doesn't take them off me for a *BLEEP* post?Or what if I wrote a story that does make sense, with correct spelling and grammar and it all makes sense. Will I not get credits for it because it's pretty useless on these forums. Maybe the credit system needs to be redone so people who don't/can't post much get a chance to keep their websites active. Like say every credit is worth 2/3 days of uptime.

well i kind of like this hosting credits system, and about the thing of people spamming, well the forums with most "Danger" to become spamming areas are with a sig of "No post count" which i believe that the hosting credits aren't validated there... am i correct? or have i been fooled all these months x_x?

What I find hard is how we have to keep active on the forums nearly all the time but no spamming.

What is considered spam? Could I write a really long post that makes no real sense but will give me a lot of credits and hope a mod doesn't take them off me for a *BLEEP* post?

Or what if I wrote a story that does make sense, with correct spelling and grammar and it all makes sense. Will I not get credits for it because it's pretty useless on these forums.

Spam, besides the usual definition of email kind, is defind as going off topic (response not pertaining to the topic)--which your first part of your post is very close. Any single word, phrase, sentence and smilies that does not contribute to the response of the topic is spam. For example, "I don't know so I can't help you there", "lol", "yeah, thanks man" and/or "wow that's great." And lastly, this forum considers creating a new topic that already has been discussed is also spam (much like this topic). Please use the search feature before making a new topic.

Maybe the credit system needs to be redone so people who don't/can't post much get a chance to keep their websites active. Like say every credit is worth 2/3 days of uptime.

186805[/snapback]

Xisto - Web Hosting offers paid hosting as low as $10 a year. Members that are finding themselves having bit of difficulties in keeping up with hosting credits find Xisto - Web Hosting to be the excellent replacement. Please refer to forum's main page and look for Xisto - Web Hosting in the Hosting Credit box.