xisto Community
moldboy

Design Application

I am looking for a free design program that can be used to create simple mocksups of a website, preferably one that allows for a synposis attatched to the file. This way I can design my site in a somewhat graphic way without the need to write code until I am sure I know what I want. (digital pen and paper!)

You mean something like Dreamweaver or what?

You mean something like Dreamweaver or what?

185006[/snapback]

No I plan on using something like dreamweaver later on, I just wanted a program that will allow be to block out my site page by page so I can see the colors/layout without actualy writing any code.

dia? dia.sourceforge.netHaven't tried it, but I think it's more for doing stuff like diagramming workflows or database tables or something - but maybe it'll work for blocking out a website design too. Should come in a win32 flavour for you convenience.

I think some people use adobe illustrator or the equivalent for things like this.

You wouldn't use Illustrator to do web layouts - Illustrator's a vector program which caters more for print design work. I use Photoshop & Fireworks to do my layouts - unfortunately, neither of those are free.

The best program and software is Mambo solutions. All programers use this sowtware. download Mambo solustions software link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and subsist happy. :P

185041[/snapback]

Err, altrough I have used mambo for a while Im sure not everyone uses it, and there isnt much to program on mambo since its already a full package, right?