xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
penny665

Age Of Empires 2 The Conquerors Multiplayer Online strategies.

Man I've heard of lot of BS strategies but that one for the britans is the worst I've ever seen... Of course maybe thats because I play a real game of AoC/AoE and not the deathmatch bogus. Lol, you start in the dark ages and you race to kill everyone else or relic/wonder... This is how the game was meant to be played... And yes it takes 5 hours on a gaint map. If you start in any other age then the dark age you skew the attributes of the races. For example the chinese will have it easier the further along in the ages they are (technologies costing less and less). Where as the byzantines lose their 66% cost imperial age if they start in it.

These little things are what make the whole game worth playing. I shudder at how much testing it took to get the perfect mix of power in all the different races. And yes they are all good, just because you don't like them or understand them doesnt make them the worst. There is no such thing. Your worst race is just because you fail with them. I love destroying people who diss the vikings as weak. Sure you can't stand and fight the other persons units... But then again, werent the Vikings raiders? So sneak around, attack and run (and heal) and then come back... 

Good luck and I'll see you in the blood bath that is to come 

-reply by vlad tapish

Cheats for AOE2 the conquerors expansionAge Of Empires 2 The Conquerors Multiplayer Online

Code   / Results

to smithereens  =hero peter

aegis  =super building speed and super fast creation for everything and everyone  (not recommended)

robin hood  =1000 gold

rock on  =1000 rock

cheese steak jimmy's  =1000 food

lumberjack  =1000 wood

marco  =see map

polo  =no fog on map

natrual wonders  =controls nature

thats all for players but theres more for game smashers like codes to kill enemies,super solders,ECT.

-reply by NONAME

Something that helps me....Age Of Empires 2 The Conquerors Multiplayer OnlineUsualy I just play as the JApanese only not all the this beats this and this beats that... But anyway I realize that I both spawn villagers like crazy and build very little units until the castle age infact I NEVER get an archer! I only get handgunners! THis way you don't spend unneeded money on upgrades. I also use pretty much ONLY Samuris or what ever... Anyway if you use many gunners and special units you can get a real upper hand in the way of food. And some gold bonus too. (I also NEVER train Catapults rams canons scoripons or any calvary) 

-reply by Somebody...

To play online use GameRangerAge Of Empires 2 The Conquerors Multiplayer Online

hey..Ive been playing aoe2 since its release and till today theres no other game ive played so much..I played it all through high school and spent countless nights battling armies instead of sleeping, doing my homework, or learning how to talk to girls. I got pretty good at the game (and good with the girls too eventually!) but as soon as I got online I got my *bottom* kicked real hard many times, even in the rooms meant for newbies (n00bs!!). GameRanger is pretty quick and theres many freaks playing aoe2 online  (google search gameranger) especially since MS decided to retire zone.Com. Ive been checking strategies all around and actually the best way to learn is experience on multiplayer games...

by the way once u get used to playing multiplayer, u will easily b able to smoke various computer players each time u play against the machine.

a few easy good strategies:    

teuton knights + scorpions,

or as Chris Green said habls + skirms + cataphracts from byzantines, 

war elephants + skirms + champs, ...

in water maps (team islands, archipelago, etc) choose vikings (good longboats), byzantines (fireboats fire so much faster), or spanish (the instant shots of their cannon galleys work wonders for clearing an enemy coast, not only of buildings but also of any units). If there are shallow water passes (such as in team islands, for example) when u spot enemy armies moving through them, slam a bunch of demolition ships against them and watch them explode to shreds.

black forest: by far the most popular map played online, quickly take a look at the map and build palisade walls at narrow points of the enemy's entrance to the base (+ a tower and barracks as soon as u can) this way you will block him out from expanding and getting to resources and he will need to spend time, money, and more advanced units to get your walls down.

whatever u do remember never to forget including fast units (cavalry or woar raiders, etc.) because a few enemy siege onagers could wipe out all your forces in the blink of an eye. monks r important as backup too and can work wonders against teutonic knights and war elephants.

youll soon get used to all those silly codes gamers type during games (gg= good game, hf= have fun, etc.). Have fun!

-reply by shiva8844

How to transfer files on Age of the Empires IIAge Of Empires 2 The Conquerors Multiplayer Online

hey, My bro and I were playing and we found out that we could play multiplayer scenario, so we made a scenario and whenever we are in the starting menu, when he clicks "Ready" it says "You have not recieved the files". So we took a memory stick and transfered the file onto my bros comp, and we opened up the file with Age of the Empires II and now he has it on his saved Scenario but we cannot play together, and whenever he starts up a game and a scenario I can't access the files, so I can't ready up. Can someone please help me.

Wes

-reply by Wesley

I wish to play you. I am a decent player (not fantastic) and I really want to play multiplayer against someone because I haven't played multiplayer for ages. Do you wish to play me? I would be delighted if you could play me. E-mail me or post on this forum to say if you want to play or not.

Reply by Marc-The-Great

I wish to play you both. If you're both game. I have never played online but I have played on local networks with friends and I haven't played in awhile but I will tell you by a little over 10 min. you'll lose your town center and a lot of villagers. Unless my technique is rusty now but if you two are interested let me know. I would be delighted if you could play me. E-mail me or post on this forum to say if you want to play or not.

hey guys, Ive been playing AOE2 for years, im not new to that, but ive Rencently only started playing online with other people, im not new to the game, but im new to the online version. its way different.
So if anyone has any tips on how to win, and how to even compete would be great. Cause i get my butt handed to me time after time. poeple are either REALLY good or i just plain suck hardcore lol. so if you guys have any hints or tips and anything for that matter please post, anything will help :)

wot websitde o u play on? i am gettin bk into this as well and i normally build my troops first then upgrade and i never attk till my walls and towers r build so i have a strong defence as wel as a good offence

Furios Fact

Age Of Empires 2 The Conquerors Multiplayer Online

I think that is impossiblle to play a multiplayer game on AOE2.I have tried many times but with not succed.Trust me,is IMPOSIBLLE!

Sorry for incorect language,I'm from Romania.

-reply by vladut

(Me too from Romania :D ) I have the same problem as you. But it is possible to play online. I did. But now, I forgot how to do that.

hi, those who do not know, The Aoe gaming zone thing has been shut for years making online play inaccessible in-game.Online play of Age of Kings and The Conquerors is possible through the use of a client. There are a few common clients just google them they're not hard to find. Some examples are Voobly or GameRanger and even Gamespy's client, IGN has also been mention above ^. Figured i'd write here to help some people out :).

recommended igzones a lot of players before close zone.remember server french zonejeux i don´t know if continue

You can play online with the help of gameranger it is the best gaming client It also got alot of users Try It Download it from Gameranger Download from here