xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
penny665

Age Of Empires 2 The Conquerors Multiplayer Online strategies.

hey guys, Ive been playing AOE2 for years, im not new to that, but ive Rencently only started playing online with other people, im not new to the game, but im new to the online version. its way different. So if anyone has any tips on how to win, and how to even compete would be great. Cause i get my butt handed to me time after time. poeple are either REALLY good or i just plain suck hardcore lol. so if you guys have any hints or tips and anything for that matter please post, anything will help :)

Depends who are you playing to this would function.In multiplayer the speed is essential, first tip F11 (this will show you a clock in top left corner) at 11 min. you MUST be passing to Feudal Age, at the beggining your villagers may hunt, it doesn't cost anything, and also its fast, don't forget also the wood, because in feaudal age you would needed, also if you have a good quantity of villagers, you could get stone, for the Towers.) Now, when you are at Feudal age, you go with 2,3,4 ... villagers to your enemy base, (stay near, so he/she couldn't realize that you are there, for more accuracy of the attack.) you build a barrack, and also an archery range and in the middle of this two a Tower try to put the tower near some buildings of your enemy so it would star attacking, make some soldiers to defend your base (the one near your enemy) if you have more stone continue building towers, this would distract your opponent and you gain time to improve your civilization. An other tactic, is to make Castles and near an other one, so they would defend each other. Gain strategic points first, and make two castles as I say before, with that that point is yours for ever.Relics are fundamental for gold, try to get all you can quickly, ( I recommend to make more than 1 monk, I would make like 20.) remember that your relics are fundamental for your civilization economy, specially if you are playing a long war, the gold would be consumed, and the relics is the only one who provides you gold, then when you send your troops to attack, also send the 20 monks, so you cure your troops and all stuff of monks, specially if you are the Aztecs , monks are fundamental, make like 50 and you would become undestructable. Try to combine troops, cavalry with infantry and archers supports and that, manage yourself as you wish.Catapults also are a thing to take care off. But they aren't fundamental, so don't worry if you don't make them. What is more I would prefer to spend the gold and wood in others things, but well, 15 scorpions together in a massive attack are fatal.If you have allies, the merchants to make gold also, don't forget that.Try always to have a good economy, with that you can make what ever you want, never stop making villagers, if you have 100 villagers don't worry, your economy sure it won't be a problem for you jejeje. Now, If you play against Britons or Spanish you must use Goths, because of there shields against arrows, you would destroy castles, kills archers like nothing, or if you are an other civilization, make sure you build walls, and enough castles (without soldiers you can win)The Byzantines are very good, their special units are very strong, so if you play against Byzantines use the Japanese, because their special units have bonifications against other Special unit (in this case against Byzantines special unit.)The Persians have their elephants, so if you play against them, you may choose the Byzantines, because their infantry are the cheaper, and infantry have bonifications against elephants.The Aztecs have very good infantry and monks, so be careful of these, but they doesn't have Stables, so you can play with britons, so you kill them from a long distance and you wouldn't get heart, (the infantry of the aztecs have little life.)Well I hope this is helpful to you, and sorry for my English, I'm a Spanish speaker.Juan Pablo Blanco Blansoftpd: any doubts, or more information, I would be grateful to provide you

I would like to play with someone age of empires,the conquers but I do not know how to start, and witch hostname to enter from the game.Help?-somi

some more strategy

Age Of Empires 2 The Conquerors Multiplayer Online

I have found that in the early stages say the feudal age, send a scout and a few villagers to the enemy's base to build a tower just out of sight of the enemy. Place this tower just in range of the enemy's villagers that are either chopping wood or another resource, once built the tower will start to attack these villagers, causing the enemy much strife, surround this tower with walls and and place a few archers inside and its a sure pain in the neck for the enemy, gaining you valuable time.

-Nessa

online play?

Hi there iv had age of empires 2 for a long time now jus got it out again yesterday I want to play it online but I don't have a clue how to do that :S cn any1 help me :(. Cheers

-reply by matt brewer

Why do so many people doubt the strength of the goths?

It really pisses me off when I read reviews and they say the goths are crap because they don't build walls... Well can you explain to these idiots that they don't need walls because they are not to be played with that strategy???? Another thing which is off topic but the japs are **** against the byzantines, they get owned by the catcphracts, the Spanish are better...

-reply by Franz Ferdinan

Anyone want to play AoE 2:AoC online please send me an email

I'm not that experience in te game but no complete newbie either. I simply want to play an have fun with it. I have created a virtual LAN network (playing over the internet without the hazzle of IP-number problems) which anyone with the hostname and password can join.

Thanks

Danish

-reply by Danish

Is anyone ready to play me??

Gday everyone...

I'm yet to be beaten on AOE2... I just wanted to know if there was anyone out there woh is actually good which I can play agianst.. My apm on starcraft is 320 and I am jsut as quick on AOE2 expansion... So don't annoy me anyone which is not that good I only want to play good people..

P.S that comment about the Goths earlier... The Goths are extremely effective agianst everything but you have to mix them up with elite skermishes of the hand canoners.. Also a little tip everyone is someone is versing you with the spanish just build skermishes and you will enjoy watching them die :) when playing with the byzantines build skermishes, halbiders and the cataphracs. If the opponant attacks you with horses you will kill them... It they attack with archers they will die... If they attack with ground units they will die.. This combination is unbeatable. However on arena the game will not go that long. If you start with high resourses on arena try to be in the castle age around 7m or before. Watch out for the flush.. This is important.

Build a castle next to your opponants wall and don't select it to attack until it is protected. Once protected attack the wall and then run around inside killing their villagers.

Finally pick a team which suits the circumstances. Don't pick the goths if the enemy is the byzantines, don't pick the mongals is the opponent is the chineese and so on.

Also use battering rams.. People underestimate their ability to destroy things fast. Put ground soldiors in them to protest them from army attacks.

P.S 18 is the coolest taunt :) cheers enjoy

-reply by Chris Green

How to play a multiplayer game?

I have been playing this game since long time. But I have never tried online. My friend and me thought to play online but we did not succeed. So I request anyone to help me in basics of how to get connected through ip address with my friend who has another ip address.

-question by Aswin

AOEAOK MULTIPLAYER!! I appeal to thee, fellow men.

Hi guys

My friends and I want to play Age of empires 2 multiplayer using the option that says "Internet TCP/IP connection"

We have internet connexions (DUH) but our modems are of different speed. We are using Age of Kings version 1.00.

When one of us creates a game and tells us his IP (which he gets from http://whatismyip.org/) we click join and type it (DUH).

The thing is that NONE OF US CAN SEE NO GODDAMN GAME!

Please, please help me. All of us are gaming freaks and are crying due to frustration!

-question by soumitra

AOEAOK MULTIPLAYER!! I appeal to thee, fellow men.

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

Make sure your firewall is turned off.

And also, if you are using a router, you may have to change some settings (cant remember the name if them) so that it doesn't have trouble distributing the IP address through different computers connected to it.

-reply by Mikel

Furios Fact

I think that is impossiblle to play a multiplayer game on AOE2.I have tried many times but with not succed.Trust me,is IMPOSIBLLE!

Sorry for incorect language,I'm from Romania.

-reply by vladut

Why do so many people doubt the strength of the goths?

It really pisses me off when I read reviews and they say the goths are crap because they don't build walls... Well can you explain to these idiots that they don't need walls because they are not to be played with that strategy???? Another thing which is off topic but the japs are **** against the byzantines, they get owned by the catcphracts, the Spanish are better...

-reply by Franz Ferdinan

I agree with you. The fact that the Goths can't build walls and can't upgrade their Watch Towers any further is kind of a let-down, but the Goths are so powerful they can deal with any enemy attack easily, even without stone/fortified walls and Guard/Keep/Bombard Towers. These people who think the Goths are totally crap probably think that the Byzantines are s**t if they're saying that the Goths are pothetic!

Reply by Marc-The-Great

Edited by Marc-The-Great (see edit history)

Is anyone ready to play me??

Gday everyone...

I'm yet to be beaten on AOE2... I just wanted to know if there was anyone out there woh is actually good which I can play agianst.. My apm on starcraft is 320 and I am jsut as quick on AOE2 expansion... So don't annoy me anyone which is not that good I only want to play good people..

P.S that comment about the Goths earlier... The Goths are extremely effective agianst everything but you have to mix them up with elite skermishes of the hand canoners.. Also a little tip everyone is someone is versing you with the spanish just build skermishes and you will enjoy watching them die :lol: when playing with the byzantines build skermishes, halbiders and the cataphracs. If the opponant attacks you with horses you will kill them... It they attack with archers they will die... If they attack with ground units they will die.. This combination is unbeatable. However on arena the game will not go that long. If you start with high resourses on arena try to be in the castle age around 7m or before. Watch out for the flush.. This is important.

Build a castle next to your opponants wall and don't select it to attack until it is protected. Once protected attack the wall and then run around inside killing their villagers.

Finally pick a team which suits the circumstances. Don't pick the goths if the enemy is the byzantines, don't pick the mongals is the opponent is the chineese and so on.

Also use battering rams.. People underestimate their ability to destroy things fast. Put ground soldiors in them to protest them from army attacks.

P.S 18 is the coolest taunt :) cheers enjoy

-reply by Chris Green

I wish to play you. I am a decent player (not fantastic) and I really want to play multiplayer against someone because I haven't played multiplayer for ages. Do you wish to play me? I would be delighted if you could play me. E-mail me or post on this forum to say if you want to play or not.

Reply by Marc-The-Great

Edited by Marc-The-Great (see edit history)

Anyone want to play AoE 2:AoC online please send me an email

I'm not that experience in te game but no complete newbie either. I simply want to play an have fun with it. I have created a virtual LAN network (playing over the internet without the hazzle of IP-number problems) which anyone with the hostname and password can join.

Thanks

Danish

-reply by Danish

Hi,

Like I said in another post, I am ready to play anyone with any ability. I'm not a fantastic player, but I'm not crap at it. Do you wish to play me? E-mail me or post on the message board once you have decided.

Reply by Marc-The-Great