xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Google Pizza Program (for Students Only) be a google pizza ambassador

Google Pizza Program: The study break you've been searching for.

Do you want to...

...represent Google at your university for the academic year?

...organize study breaks for up-and-coming software engineers who are toiling away in computer labs late at night?

...impress your friends with your Google gear?

Okay, let's talk.

The Google Pizza Program rewards hard-working engineering students by allowing them to take a study break on Google. Google ambassadors identify opportunities to order pizza for their computer science peers, most often around project deadlines or exams. The pizza ambassadors are Google's main point of contact, and responsible for making the Google Pizza Program successful at their university.

What's in it for me?

* Leadership role

* Exposure for your university at Google

* Free pizza

* Google gear

* Admiration from your CS peers

Requirements

* Computer science major or related fields

* One-year commitment

* Undergraduate and graduate students eligible

* Strong pizza-eating skills, and ability to recruit other pizza-eaters

this doesn't seem like a hoax or an april fool's joke for me (it's september! :)). check the site for contact email on how to apply as a Google Pizza Ambassador.

https://www.google.com/jobs/studentsg.html

a list of the represented universities can be found here:

https://www.google.com/jobs/studentsg2.html

if you qualify for the program, try it! :) and if you become a google pizza ambassador, then send Xisto staff some of the google goodies you can spare. :D (you keep the pizza :( it may get moldy over at the post office if it takes too long to reach us :()

Yum..Pizza.Too bad I don't enter college for - *finger counting* a year.. Two if i'm lucky and get a transition break.Crap, I don't qualify anyway, Double Majors in Business Management/Entrepreneurship and Electrical Engineering. Minor in Psychology.Panda

How about they also open this to all people who are in school (from preschool to college) and make it available to everyone if they just do so much as tell others about Google. This might not work because I would be throwing Google fliers everywhere for gear and pizza and so would others so it would cost too much.

How about they also open this to all people who are in school (from preschool to college) and make it available to everyone if they just do so much as tell others about Google. This might not work because I would be throwing Google fliers everywhere for gear and pizza and so would others so it would cost too much.

185688[/snapback]

my guess is, google is doing this pizza ambassador program as part of its "future recruitment" efforts. :P and mainly reaching out to these "Computer science major or related fields" students is somehow geared towards giving these "prospective google employees" a way to lighten their stay in the university, and encourage them to excel in their respective fields with a little helping of pizza on the side. :(

"the best way to a man's/woman's heart is through his/her stomach"... some would say. :P

I guess this is Google's community extension program? If it is I hope it extends here in the Philippines. :P I would love to receive a pizza from Google! Can this be be Google's scheme to find prospective Google workers/employees in the future? Heh but it's a cool program! :P

Google needs to expand to doctors and biology majors too. lol. I want free pizza too. Too bad I dont know anyone in college that's majoring in computer science. I must admit its a good program to get future recruitment of employees. what will they come up with next?