xisto Community
guangdian

Is That Ipb1.3final Got Some Hole? about ipb

hi,members,the forum you are using is the ipb new version.and i now setup a forum by ipb1.3final version.so i wanna some advice of this project,and i ' m not sure if it's got some hole or security problem and i like the ipb ,not choose the phpbb for it's so big.plz.guangdian

I don't understand what you are asking...could you clarify what you are asking for in detail? I also prefer IPB over phpBB, and I've become very familiar with IPB functions over the summer while working on my forum, so if you can reword your post maybe I can assist you...

I don't understand what you are asking...could you clarify what you are asking for in detail?  I also prefer IPB over phpBB, and I've become very familiar with IPB functions over the summer while working on my forum, so if you can reword your post maybe I can assist you...

182942[/snapback]

I believe he wants to know if Invision Power Board 1.3 has a security hole or a bug or something that might make it get hacked. He chose IPB over PHPBB because the latter is big.

I think phpbb2 is a lot better then invision board 1.3, since invision board 1.3 is not beeing updated while phpBB2 is... Xisto uses the newest IPB which is still beeing updated I think.

As far as I am aware they fixed all the bugs and holes in IPB1.3 so you should be alright. However, they are not updating that any more, don't provide support and not many themes and mods are being made. If you are really worried about security or getting mods and themes then use PHPBB.

search phpbb skins or mods you usually find them like that., but yeah IPB 2.1 is out now so this will be interesting indeed. and a another update here at trap. but i do believe they get the updated 2.1 for free since they have purchase the ipb early on.