xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dymondgurl

A Non For Profit Banner A banner for the red cross

I would like to add a non for profit banner to my site to help the Red Cross collect funds for the Hurricane Katrina victims. Is this against Xisto rules is what I am trying to find out. If so can you please tell me another alternative. My board and I would really like to give to those who have lost alot in this disaster.

nope it not against the rules, anything that helps the victims out would be appriciated :).

nope it not against the rules, anything that helps the victims out would be appriciated :).

182832[/snapback]

So what can my members and my self do as a alternative to help them since banners are against the rules. Is it okay to post a link to the red cross site where they can donate then.

St. Michael said it's NOT against the rules. As long as your site does not contain anything illegal (defined in TOS but simply--no cracks, serials, promoting anything that breaks government laws, hatred, links to censored materials etc) you may do whatever you wish with your site. You can use this link http://www.redcross.org/ and use this banner Posted Image or go directly to American Red Cross site http://www.redcross.org/ and ask for permission. This is already set up by Yahoo and it'll be nice to have one organization collecting all various donations from everywhere--then send them in one big container, one shipment. You may also choose to place this link in your signature as long as you'd like. Because wherever you post, the link will always be there. :)

Good thinking and I appreciate you bringing this idea to the forum.

nice idea sain michael. put it somewhere, i hope somebody clicks it.

182857[/snapback]

Thank you all for the feebakc and the help i appreciate it and I will take your advice Buffalo

Hey thanks buddy for this nice idea!I've updated my signature and put two donation links on my signature only.first one is basically a website which works for children welfare and the second one is already discussed here.go to first and second one both and please donate generously.Thanks again for this nice IDEA!

I am happy that I could contribute my ideas to this site in some type of way. :) I am glad so many people are willing to help out also. It is really a tragedy and it could have been any of us and our families.

there's this RED CROSS "dog ears" (like dog ear flaps, usually found at a corner of a website) i found which you can find useful.
http://www.brianalvey.com/news/2005/09/04/adding-the-red-cross/

they are more easily recognizable (and not yet prone to "ad-blindness" as experienced by most internet users). worth a try. :)

Nice idea. I'm definitely adding one to my blog.

There'll be a place to donate, to the red cross, before I even get my CSS done :) ingeneous(sp?)

Panda

183340[/snapback]

I am glad that so many of you are gonna help out and add a Red Cross Banner to you sites. It will be much appreciated by those who are in need right now. And I think that we the people can do so much more than anyone else has.

Hi:That is a good idea, to post a banner for Katrina help. Just make sure wherever you get the banner, its legitimate. As an aside, I have been reading about a lot of internet scams, where people are saying the money is to help victims. But then they end up keeping the money. Pretty disgusting. But anyway, make sure the banner and the way you set it up is legitimate, so that Red Cross/Katrina victims actually benefit.Sunkist