xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jonolomu

Starcraft 2 ???

the fact that its been 7 years and no real news on a starcraft 2 makes me wonder if they will come out with it, i would LOVE to see a sequel but i just dont see it happeningbut i will cross my fingers and hope for the best

I havnt heard much about starcraft 2. The only rumour i heard was that there would be water units and a new race called hybirds. I suspect that they would release Starcraft 2 when Starcraft Brood War is not selling anymore. I still think people are buying brood war, i bought it a couple months ago. Untill Starcraft Broodwar gets boring, they'll keep releasing small patches or upgrades to improve gameplay on bnet.

Hmm i have to disagree with many people unfortunatly :D yes teamout its true i have also heard rumors of this new underwater race, call me a loser, call me old schooll what ever u want but i seriously dont want a new race sc is to perfect and most of all to BALANCED for ther to be a succesful sequal so yes out your right about this new race rumor but your wrong in the fact that blizzard is making next to zero money of sc now the entire battle chest sells at only $15 and there arnt to many in stock in most stores. They are making most of ther profits off WoW and the montly fee's. Honestly Sc is still going to strong (people might not be still buying em) but people are still playing sc way to much for any chance at making a good sequaal it would be so hard to add new maps and races and still keep all races even. However even if there is no sc 2 around the corner at least we still have sites like these http://www.gosugamers.net/ pumping out our sc news for us fanatics :unsure:

idk if they willl make a sc2 cuz ive heard that blizzard called sc their failed game cuz it wasnt as popular as it shoulda been but i disagree cuz alot of ppl play it and its a very good game but i hope they do so we can c some of the cool sc units in 3d

ya i think sc does pretty good theres alot of ppl well thats what i think who knows there might not be enough ppl or atlest what they thought it might be. If they did make a sc2 they should make the graphics lots better and put some different units in make somethin new but keep the old in lol i would like to see if they do come out with a sc 2 lol that would be awsome kinda

This game would be so awesome, I would probably end up buying it as soon as it comes out. I just hope Im not to old or have other things to do like work all day or somthing so I can play it.

LOL i think thats what alot of ppl hope for when a new game comes out and some others but mainly Will they have time to play? and are they 2 old to play the game i think no matter how old you are theres still alot of games you can play now i can see if your playin a game for someone that is like 5 or lower and questioning if your 2 old lol but any other game thats rated E M A (isn't A for adult?? i think it is) you can play XD but not anything K 5 or lower. (you know what it think i went off topic with this one lol i sry sry did not mean 2 lol)

^ Urg, I could barely read that, Chat speak, no punctuation.But on Topic: I really hope they do no add an underwater race. Like Zach101, I would like it if they kept the 3 races from the original (if they even do make a sequel)

Ive been hearing alot of talk about this...Ive recently read somewhere (forget exactly wheere at) that Blizzard has recently Shut down Blizzard North Office. May i remind u blizzard North is the part of teh Company responsible for great titles such as the classic Starcarft and Diablo II. Many of the employees working there were giving relocation packages and all, but a few, a elect few were told to stay, and they will continue wokring on a "Unanounced Project". Blizz gave no detail about what this prject is or even wil be. But many people are speculating that it is eaither a conitueation of Starcraft (Starcraft 2) or Diablo II (Diablo III ?). I forget exactly where i saw this, but i believe it was Gamespot. Diablo III is ***IN*** the works, and the only information or details about it is the Publisher is Blizzard and Release Date: TBA 2006. Now if they are working on a sequel to the RPG Diablo II, they must have enough common sense to make Starcraft II....That my opionion :)

they will make one, if they don't they are kinda stupid.sc sold 9 million copies and brood war sold 8 million. if they make a sc2 they will probebly sell 20 million. Also, they are planning something special for sc besides ghost, possibly sc2 but might just be a graphic remake or something :)

That was odd... didn't post what I typed...Anyways, as much as I totally disagree with how the team is handling it... there is a mod in the works that will convert WCIII into SC (hence, giving you the 3-D graphics).Anyways, even twere that not so, Blizzard would make an actual SC2 and not just a graphics upgrade. If they were going to do that, they would have already. They'll probably start on SC2 after they finish Ghost.

Hmm i have to disagree with many people unfortunatly :) yes teamout its true i have also heard rumors of this new underwater race,  call me a loser, call me old schooll what ever u want but i seriously dont want a  new race sc is to perfect and most of all to BALANCED for ther to be a succesful sequal so yes out your right about this new race rumor but your wrong in the fact that blizzard is making next to zero money of sc now the entire battle chest sells at only $15 and there arnt to many in stock in most stores.  They are making most of ther profits off WoW and the montly fee's.  Honestly Sc is still going to strong (people might not be still buying em) but people are still playing sc way to much for any chance at making a good  sequaal it would be so hard to add new maps and races and still keep all races even.  However even if there is no sc 2 around the corner at least we still have sites like these http://www.gosugamers.net/ pumping out our sc news for us fanatics :P

158040[/snapback]

Are you feeling okay? Deer god man Starcraft is one of the oldest games of all time eight years!! and it is still played by millions all over the world and is still in wcg. People train all year for a chance to go to the world cyber games this game is still very much alive with new ladders poping up all the time like PGT and even the koreans hametaci server. Many many people still play this game. As for closing blizzard north yes i unfortunatly heard this was true as well however do you know what they did aftr that? They hired 40 yes 40 new console game programers to "work on an undisclosed" project so are they making a console game besides ghost? Are they tottaly moving over to consoles except for WoW? Who knows but one thing is for sure what ever game they are making its deffinetly gonna be console based

Has Ghost been cancelled permanently? I heard it was "postponed" or on hold, and they are considering porting it to the next generation of systems (well, maybe current if you consider the Xbox 360). I think they had a lot of development issues, with staffing or teams (or even publishers?) swapping around so it's kinda hit a halt. Not that it really matters, in my opinion - it's highly likely a FPS StarCraft spinoff would be, well, meh. The last thing I read is they were possibly working on a Diablo 3, rather than a StarCraft 2... something to do with their recruitment/hiring staff notices with the Diablo 2 being mentioned as needing a programmer or artist (can't remember details). Then again I could be totally mixed up, but that's the perception I've got.