xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LeAnn Rimes My Angel

Msn 7.5 MSN

MSN 7.5 came out a little over a week ago I believe. I downloaded it, and have not seen much difference between it and version 7.0, except for the sign in appearance. Who else here has downloaded MSN 7.5, and how do you all like it?http://www.msn.com/de-de?rd=1&ucc=DE&dcc=DE&opt=0

I havent downloadeded 7.5 but maybe you could post some more stuff once you find them to be diffrent. how is the sign in thing diffrent? do you feel its better than from the older version?btw maybe they just fixed bugs or something.

I guess it is just a new version with a lot of security and some other patches. A lot of people was complaining about msn 7.0 taking away a lot of computer resources and sometimes it used to hang up. I sufferd the last effecta a couple of times. I try to avoid the original msn. I use miranda or gaim to use simoultaneously also ICQ.

I've just downloaded Messenger 7.5 and the main differences are:

The login screen now always shows a password field, not just your email address, and has other options for choosing what status you want before signing on. E.g. you can sign on as Appear Offline to see who there is to talk to.

Voice clips. You can now record a voice clip to send to the person you are talking to. You need a microphone and they need speakers.

Dynamic backgrounds. Oooh, wow! A background that moves. The point???

Just for anyone who wants to know, the old version of Plus! (v3.54) works with Messenger 7.5

If I see any other changes then I'll let you know.

its msn what can you i see they put in the message history in it finally i use it when i need to thanks alot johnny ;).

Haven't use 7.0 properly !!! I had so much trouble connecting behind proxy..I hope they have fixed this in 7.5....Even though i had set everything in proxy still was not working...

hmmmm ... i didnt know that msn has got 7.5 already ?? because in the past ... when the new version comes out ... i would have to upgrade to the newest version to sign in ... hmm ... maybe this new version has better features and securiies ... will try out later ..

Ok sxyloverboy, well now that I've had a bit more time with it, I see that there is audio, animated backgrounds, more animation, and the "Nudge" feature has a better time limit when someone is set to busy.

Some of the cons would be, the main login takes a long time to log in. It still crashes on occasion. Some of the things I write do not always make it to the recipient, and file attachments still do not always work (I really wish they would fix that by now).

I'm not trying out Trillian 3.1. It is like AIM, ICQ, IRC, MSN, and Yahoo combined into one program. You can choose to log in to one, or all of them at once. It's pretty nice to use. You need to select the "Trillian Basic" when you installed though, because the Pro costs money. :)

For anyone interested in trying Trillian, I've uploaded it to my File Front web space located here: http://www.gamefront.com/downloads

Let me know what you think! :)

I stopped upgrading MSN at about 6.2, because it's a chat program - not a program i want to sit around on my desktop, eating copious resources so i can enjoy animated flash icons, animated backgrounds or those damned nudges. I don't use trillian, though, because i don't use ICQ, Yahoo, Jabber et al and ChatZilla fills my IRC needs nicely.On this here mac, i use Adium rather than whatever version of MSN they just brought out for mac, because once again msn uses too much of my scanty system resources (it's a G3 400 w/ 320 SDRAM - not much to go around) to do absolutely nothing for me.

Notice from Becca:
Please try not to swear or cheat the word filters.

lol i cant be bothered getting off my chair to get 7.5, ive heard it isnt much better than 7, lol tell me if it is cuz 1 of my friends are like bugging me cuz of the voice clips and etc :)

I think it is a little bit better as in some of the layouts change, well I think they have, but I don't really care as long as I still get to chat to my mates... I don't know if 7.5 is out yet but I got it in the beta stages which was ages ago.If you want to find it just search for it in google.