xisto Community
wild20

End Of The World? What

I don't belive that much in God, but I do belive in science. This beeing said I do belive in some kind of End of The World, but not the Bible style End of the World.The End Of The World I see comes from what menkind does (see nuclear bombs, global worming, 3rd World War). For example during the Cold War we (as menkind) were half an hour away from doomsday. And not by the power of God, but by the power of the atom. The End as I see it is the result of menkinds greed...But lets not forget that extincting is just the fresh start of a new life. The dinosaurs extinction was just the first step in menkinds rise to power. The question is: if the dinosaurs wouldn't have gone extinct would the *person* sapiens of the cave stood a chance agains a bigger, better (if that is possible) version of T-Rex the killing machine. Of course not. So you see, to some point extinction is, as death is, a normal part of live, a link in the evolutionary chain.

I don't belive that much in God, but I do belive in science. This beeing said I do belive in some kind of End of The World, but not the Bible style End of the World.The End Of The World I see comes from what menkind does (see nuclear bombs, global worming, 3rd World War). For example during the Cold War we (as menkind) were half an hour away from doomsday. And not by the power of God, but by the power of the atom. The End as I see it is the result of menkinds greed...
But lets not forget that extincting is just the fresh start of a new life. The dinosaurs extinction was just the first step in menkinds rise to power. The question is: if the dinosaurs wouldn't have gone extinct would the *person* sapiens of the cave stood a chance agains a bigger, better (if that is possible) version of T-Rex the killing machine. Of course not. So you see, to some point extinction is, as death is, a normal part of live, a link in the evolutionary chain.

But Science has it's limits. It can only predict physical things. And even there, svience is often wrong. And not only that, I believe that God lets us develope only so far according to the purpose laid out. The problem I see with your scenario, is it only has human limits. As you said, you don't believe in God, but I think that is a mistake because we came from something, not nothing. I just had a large debate on evolution before. So it really comes down too something supernatural. Any other thoughts?

I think the world, EARTH, will be taken over by water. As it is, most of this world is filled with water.. and someday it will just take over the land to.. hopefully we can move to Mars by than hehe.. but really, i do think that earth will become all water, ocean..OCEAN

The end of the world... How positive :)I believe that the world doesn't end, but our society will. I strongly believe that this will happen in 2012, during the winter-equinox, wich the ancient civilizations pointed out to be an equinox wich will change our whole existance.I think that we won't be destructed, but I think something will happen wich will make us change our ways and I'm sure that religions are the first to fall, as well as our capitalistic mentality, since these two things are the main ones that keep our conciousness on a very low level and make us waste our lives.Maybe there are two possibilities, but whether we get destroyed or not depends on how fast we learn and up our level of conciousness. One thing is sure, Mother Earth would be better off after that day.

I cant say that I beleive the world out of the whim of god, because,...I cant say I even beleive in it. I dont mean to affnd anyone, really, so Im sry if I do, but heres my veiw. I dont believe the earths fait lieing within the whim of god because, well, who can tell me god is..really...real? I mean, civilizations were wrong before, why are we right, now? Dont tell me because of jesus, because we dont know if all the stories about him are real, the bible was written 100 yrs after it happened. Anyway, I think the world will either end because of global warming, people nuking others, or, the ozone will be no more. Or well, human life will be gone, no more.Heh....I just thought of the saying live everyday like your last. Well, if I did that, Id be in juevy by now.

people have said many things about the end of the world, it will end in y2k, ohh no 6-6-06 is comming it will be the end of the world, and it hasn't yet, so i really have no ideal how the world will end, as many have said, i do not believe that the fate of the world is in gods hands, or anyones hands for that matter, god may have created earth (debatable) but no one can controll the earth.i believe that the earth will be destroyed as every other planet in a solar system will at a certin time whether it be 3 billion years from now, or maybe it iwll be 2 thousand years from now, but every star, planet whatever will get old as everything doesand when it gets old it will either turn into a black dwarf, white dwarf, supernova, or a black hole..... but i do not believe that will be the end for human civilization... i think that since we are over pooulating our ecosystem, and consuming all of our natural resources until there is nothing left that (in fact i know we are trying this) we will spread to other planets that might possibly have the resources available for human life (air, water co2 etc..)... of cource, that is a ways away but i do not believe that the overpopulation will grow that exponentally, if you look at it we are starting to reach our equalibrium, basicly the dieing rate is just as much as the birth rate... in fact i read somewhere that the death rate is so high mostly because of gang activities, that the death rate is actually slightly higher than the birth rate ( i dont remember where) but that is only what i think will be the end of the world, but not the end of man kind