xisto Community
wild20

End Of The World? What

To start out, Admins and Mods. I searched for this topic and could not find anything related to discussing the end of the world. If there is one, feel free to close the topic. I know this has been a popular topic in some forums.I have heard much about the end of the world, I discuss this in many different forums that I am a member of. (I debate religion a lot and go to different forums for fun) I find that many people say it will end with a rapture, others think armegeddon, still other think there are aliens invasions waiting to happen. So, I would like to discuss and debate this topic over the next several days and find out a few things. I would like to know what the majority belief is, and what the truth is behind the end of the world. Here, you can express your beliefs, I will be coming along as usually in my debates and ask some questions and hopefully get into a debate about a specific topic. I welcome all to join in this and would ask that you come back and check to see if anyone replies to your reply. Thanks guys. Ready,.. set,... go!

Hmm The End of the World. thats quite an extravagant topic but i must say i like it. I would say i do not belive in any of the possible outcomes more than in another one. Also why are people so sure that the world will end maybe human will just become more and more advance and start to populate the planets. Then become more advance and find more planets than the ones that we know of now. Maybe some aliens will come to our earth. And they might not come to invade that humans but maybe they come in peace. Think about an alien race that comes to earth in a few hundres years or maybe more. They might start to breed into the human race and one day the Human race as we know it today may be totaly forgotten. And maybe we will killouselves with all the globalwarming ect. that will cause a huge climate change. (think about a movie called that day after tomorow) Now as for the aliens, many people will just stamp me away and say that ive watched to many movies or too much tv. but then again this is what people say now. Aliens are fiction of televison but maybe on anotherplanet there is another race and they are evolving just as we are. maybe they have flown in their spaceships just to their moon like us and dont have to technology to explore space enough to find us human. They might be scared or a "human invasion". Theres a few things to think about. i hope i didnt get of topic to much.

Now, I love this topic, not meaning that I look forward to the end of the world, but I like hearing and giving an opinion.

I'm a Roman Catholic, and I'm sure you all know about Revelations, it might not be true...

About the year 1139, St Malachy O'Morgair, Archbishop of Armagh in Ireland, wrote down a list of Popes. He listed 112 future popes, each with a phrase describing them which was in Latin. It has been correct so far, and there are only 2 more names on the list. The last of which is given a long, apocalyptic description, instad of a phrase.

It says that there will be a World War III, after a lesser tribulation, people have said to me that this 'lesser tribulation' could be the recent terrorist attacks (ie. London Bombings) or the Iraq War. World War III is named 'the war of the arabs'. The arabs, according to this, win the war.

Then in the late 2030's there will be World War IV, which will be more severe (you can read about the severeness of WWIII in the link below) than the previous war.

Later, more popes will succeed, but do not last for long, and the return of Christ will accordingly happen in 2437, after a reign of the Antichrists.

Visit this website for more information.

It is very interesting, and actually quite scary if you read it. You all probably think I'm loopy, but I don't fully believe it. It's just extremely interesting to read...

There's my essay on the end of the world anyway... beat that :P

Whoops, I forgot to add the bit about the actual end of the world ;)

Apparently after all the wars have finished, God will punish the world and St Malachy wrote that 'the great judge will judge the people'.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merged double posts.

My theory of the end of the world:No one needs to worry about the world coming to a gruesome or terrifying end. I think humans won't even be around anymore when the world does end. But they'll probably be responsible for it's end, if and when it does end, nonetheless. Polution, causing things like Global Warming and holes in the Ozone Layer, will cause humans to die off and become extinct. Now with no humans around, the world might be able to replenish itself and the animals that may remain on Earth could live peacfully and happily for years after humans become extinct. Or, shortly after humans become extinct, their effect on the Earth may finish it off, when some comet or asteroid large enough makes it through one of the holes in the Ozone Layer and collides with Earth, exploding it into a bunch of little pieces.Anyways, that's what I think will happen. Just my opinion, no intentions of causing any controversy! ;)

I've never really thought about the end of the World. Unfortunately I think the World could end in a few ways. Firstly due to a terrorist attack. With attacks becoming more frequent and devastating it seems inevitable that eventually someone will get hold of some missiles or tanks and start invading countries and get them under terrorist control, which will eventually spiral into more countries in their command until the entire planet is fighting against itself in a huge World War. It could end in the same way that the dinosaurs died out. Although no-one knows how they were all killed, there is nothing to say it will never happen again. There could also be a pandemic of a deadly disease or virus which we simply cannot cope with. Finally, there may be an alien invasion, although I hope their space exploration would be for the same reasons as ours, to further their knowledge and learn more about where they live.I also had a look at that link you gave, sonyguy. It does make for quite scary and shocking reading.

My theory about the end of the world:Despite man's ongoing effort to find alternative, environmentally friendly energy resources which will power an ever-growing power-hungry civalization, one will not come around and global warming will keep increasing the earth's tempertature degree by degree until one day the heat becomes unbareable and we become extinct.Still, just before extinction, nuclear power is being used and uranium waste is unearthed by the next dominant species and the gases spread quickly in fast westerly winds and kills all life off.

It does make you wonder why the Vatigan spends days on end debating who should be the next Pope whne they can just read the next one off the list. Seriously though, nothing (not even the Bible, or other religious or scientific book) is as precise as to the date of the ending of the world. I find it very hard to believe that someone can have the forsight to say "The end of the world will happen on Tuesday the 17th January 2434" or whenever it is. sonyguy's theory doesn't seem wildly unrealistic. If you do refer to Revelation etc. then it tells of great wars between kings (or something along those lines) and the rebuilding of the Temple in Israel. Then God will destroy the world and create a new heaven and earth etc.Pollution is certainly a problem, but I doubt we will get to the state where we are in danger of getting killed because of it. Science has concluded that there definately will be an end-point. In about 800 million years (or some over massive span of time) a comet/meteor big enough to destroy the earth will cause the planet to over-heat or something. That's not really important. What is important is that there is definitely an end to the world, or at least our planet, at some point in time. The interesting debate is what will happen by whom to possibly make the world come to an end before that.By the way, I can definitely not believe in Indipendance Day-style invasion of aliens. If there are alien lifeforms out there then they probably are bugs and nothing else. If there are inteligent, sofisticated, conversing organisms alive then it is still very, very unlikely that they are able to make spacecrft etc. sophisticated enough to travel space, let alone beyond the distances we've been. Even then, it's very unlikely again that they would be hostile and invade. Prove me wrong, but there's alot of ifs and buts in there.

If you ask me we are going to blow ourselves up because we are constantly fighting and one country is going to blow a fuse and launch nukes at another country. That country and its allies will fire nukes in return. It is a cycle that could end in the destruction of our planet. Thats what I think.

To start out, Admins and Mods.  I searched for this topic and could not find anything related to discussing the end of the world.  If there is one, feel free to close the topic.  I know this has been a popular topic in some forums.

I have heard much about the end of the world, I discuss this in many different forums that I am a member of.  (I debate religion a lot and go to different forums for fun)  I find that many people say it will end with a rapture, others think armegeddon, still other think there are aliens invasions waiting to happen.  So, I would like to discuss and debate this topic over the next several days and find out a few things.  I would like to know what the majority belief is, and what the truth is behind the end of the world.  Here, you can express your beliefs, I will be coming along as usually in my debates and ask some questions and hopefully get into a debate about a specific topic.  I welcome all to join in this and would ask that you come back and check to see if anyone replies to your reply.  Thanks guys.  Ready,.. set,... go!

178342[/snapback]

why do think that it is end of the world. NO ONE KNOWS when it is end of the world.

and who cares.

Wow, this did turn out to be a popular topic. I am a SDA and believe that the end world power will actually be a church, forcing people to worshipr on a certain day. This ties in with the mark which could be a physical and mental mark, a decision made by you. Your story is very symoblic sonyguy. I believe that no one can predict the end of the world according to what the bible says. Although God may have used the person to predict the popes, I believe the wars are either symbolic or the last war known as armegedon. (Is that how you spell it?) This war takes place AFTER we have reigned with Christ for 1000 years. It is all very symbolic.

I don't really care about the end of the world, as long as I'm alive at this very moment. But my theory of the end of the world is that the sun would die or explode, as other theories say, and it will blow up the planets as well. But that wouldn't happen for billions of years, as they say. Hopefully technology will jump up and we'll find a way to protect the earth from that explosion, or move to another planet. Who knows, it's not my buiseness and I don't need to worry about that kind of stuff

Later, more popes will succeed, but do not last for long, and the return of Christ will accordingly happen in 2437, after a reign of the Antichrists.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merged double posts.

178356[/snapback]

At the current rate of technological development and world communication, I don't think the world could last till 2437. It is more likely that a world government will develop within this century. Then will be Armaggedon.

Recall that the Biblical word "anti" in "anti-Christ" actually means "in place of" or "substitute for." English speaking people think "anti" means "against" since that is the English meaning of the term. But that is not the Biblical meaning of it.

Therefore, the "anti-Christ" is not againts Christ, but a substitute for Christ. In other words, the enemy of the saints will be a deceiver who puts himself in a position of honor and glory only meant for Christ.

Anyway, that's my take on it.

I think the end of the world will be some kind of major natural disaster .... maybe a large meteor knocking earth of it's axis or by being swallowed up by a black hole? .... the end of civilisation is another question .... we could all be wiped out by some viral epidemic , leaving cockroaches and Cher to inherit the earth .... now that's a comforting thought! ;)

Posted Image

Okay. Hmmm. We have some interesting theories. I believe that the world will end when God says it will end, whether it is now, or 100 years from now. But I do know that Technology most likely won't play arole in it. Also kirby, you said "I don't really care about the end of the world, as long as I'm alive at this very moment." Isn't that really living for the moment? Just some thoughts. Hey does anyone have any more theories? This is getting kind of lame. I was thinking about maybe having a litle more discussion/debate type stuff. Anyone else?