xisto Community
mayank

Pop Out Sig : <by Mayank> hoping to get better comments

Hey guyz after looking at lots of pop out sigs...i thought of trying one myself and came up with the sig below.

what do you have to say!

Posted Image

Pretty nice, but there's a few flaws. First of all, you should try to not have the render be transparent. If you are using a layer mask, brush over it with a white brush. If it's not on a layer mask, and you just lowered the opacity, I suggest you try using layer masks :)The text goes with the "Dripping" and "Bloody" theme, but you should try to apply a black outer glow set to "Multiply", since a black stroke would probably look screwy on a text like that....You're also missing a border on the top :D Overall, pretty good...8/10 from me

once the guy gets off the bottom part of the sig he fades... it looks wierd. the cutout job on the render seems to be pretty good, i dont see any stray white pixels or anything. the text could use some work. i dont really like the red color. i know you were trying to do a thing to have bloody text but on top of the background and render the redness and font just dont blend well with the rest. keep working at it :)

Pretty nice, but there's a few flaws. First of all, you should try to not have the render be transparent. If you are using a layer mask, brush over it with a white brush. If it's not on a layer mask, and you just lowered the opacity, I suggest you try using layer masks :D

The text goes with the "Dripping" and "Bloody" theme, but you should try to apply a black outer glow set to "Multiply", since a black stroke would probably look screwy on a text like that....

You're also missing a border on the top :D Overall, pretty good...8/10 from me

177713[/snapback]

That, and the glass effect doesn't quite look right, and I think the text would look better if it were a slight bit smaller and off the render. This is just me guessing though. :)

Where the man pops out, it's miscolored for some reason, is brighter... Also, the border should be on the top, too. Lastly, I don't like the text at all. It doesn't fit the image at all.

Yea, its miscolored right after he pops out. You need to use diffrent blending techniques for pop outs. The border needs to be up top and the glassy effect does not fit with that kind of sig. Its pretty good for your first try. The text and border could use some work as well as the blending and brushing..Decent sig 7.5/10

well i will rip apart your sig for you if you like first the text is all wrong, i would have used a white colored text with a black stroke, then decreased the fill or opacity of it, put border on it as well, along with some depth in your brushing. also when you do a pop up you want it to be on top of everything and then blend the bottom in it as well.

A stroke would be a no-no in this scenario. Take a look at the font. It's all spread around and such. Applying a stroke would put half the sig in a sickly film of black.

A stroke would be a no-no in this scenario. Take a look at the font. It's all spread around and such. Applying a stroke would put half the sig in a sickly film of black.

178236[/snapback]

Hm...I think this would be a nice place to put a "f'shizzle dizzle."

[God I'm so unwhite. Kinda like black. ;) ]