^^^I accidentally added the crap border and saved it^^^

Bleh...

Posted Image

^^^Might be useful later on^^^

Posted Image

^^^Fallen Destiny Banner 2.0 For a friend^^^

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

^A gif^

The Randomness Banner Made For Joebum14.

Posted Image

The Shadows of Vengeance Banner Made for my clan/alliance/party/forum...etc

Posted Image

The _water_ Banner!!! Yea Its Crap. Made by me. Shared by me and my friend.

Posted Image

I Stole a pic from a site, cropped it, and added text. I won't get sued...right?

Posted Image

Darker version of the Randomness Banner.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

^First GFX battle Entry^

Rate but please don't flame me.

I'm still a newbie to GFX.

Any tips would be gladly appreciated. :)

Being one who stays away from trends, if I ever call any graphics gfx, please shoot me.Anyways, since you are a newbie, I'll be gentle. They're all really plain or monochromatic - not a bad thing. They all have the same text. Sometimes you put text over a render (the picture) which isn't a good thing. A lot of them have very wild and busy backgrounds that distract and hurt your eyes. And a few of them have low quality renders or they're very hard to read.Things you can improve on:Find nice renders from sites like gamerenders.com and use those in your graphics. Use brushes for the background and sponge them on or scrape them on, just like you're painting something. Make sure your border looks good with the sig and don't forget to use drop shadows, opacity changes, and glows to your advantage.Things to avoid:Photoshop's general textures are pretty ugly. The filters, if used properly, can add some flair to your work, and remember: all things in moderation are good!So...I guess...6/10 for effort?

Since I been here not so long (about 5 days) and did not have a chance to make a signature yet. I might start on the weekend and I'm interested in kind of graphic photo too. Using photoshop is sound interesting for me though :)Anyway, good job, you done a good one. Perhaps better than me :D

Since I been here not so long (about 5 days) and did not have a chance to make a signature yet. I might start on the weekend and I'm interested in kind of graphic photo too. Using photoshop is sound interesting for me though biggrin.gif
Anyway, good job, you done a good one. Perhaps better than me biggrin.gif

^^^That was posibly the best comment I ever had in a while^^^

I tried using different renders but they're too annoying. I had a couple of different fonts but they weren't that good.

Thanks for the advice/comment/critisism anyways. :)

The essentials to a good (Johnny-style) sig:

1. Border. Nothing elaborate, but something to keep all the goodies in.

2. Brushing. Brushes available by the thousands at http://www.deviantart.com/ I've gone over basic brushing a few times, but still yet to release my full brushing tutorial.

3. Render. High quality renders available at http://www.gamefront.com/ in nice big packages.

4. Text. Needs some nice effects(shadows, stroke, opacity, fill, stay away from glows and bevels.), and a nice font. http://www.dafont.com/de/ has premium fonts for free.

5. Color. Color balances are key to a good sig. I have a pretty decent (multi)coloring tutorial in the tuts section.

6. Contrast. Brightness/contrast helps give the sig more life, instead of being plain/bland.

7. Other effects. Scanlines, blurs, etc.

8. Blending. All the elements should flow nicely.

So, that's not like the sig -law- or anything, that's just what I find absolutely necessary for each of my personal sigs. Of course, there's more to it than that....this is just a point in the right direction.

As for your current stuff, they're okay for a beginner, but I agree with biscuitrat.

Edit: Oh, and layering is also a must. If you haven't already, get into the habit of using layers a lot. They make things tons easier when you have an elaborate sig and you need to tweak certain things.

Edit2: And make sure you save PSD files...most of the time you don't need to go back and edit a sig, but sometimes you will, and PSDs are very useful. I tend to use them a lot.

read johnny's post again for my response. he pretty much covered it all. try staying a bit farther away from some of those filters and from the gradiant tool. just keep working at it.

Now johnny, quite showing off in front of the newer designers ;P

177725[/snapback]

I'm not showing off...I'm just showing him how to be awesome like me. Cause I'm awesome. Really awesome. :D

:)

I also agree with Ralphie on the "avoid filters and gradients" dealie. :D

Well, yea stay away from gradients/liquify/any other filters. Scince johnny didnt say much about brushing i guess i will.The only thing you need to do to make a decently brushed sig is click and change click and change...over and over again. Im not saying this is all you will need to do, because you should try making your own brushes once in a while also. As johnny said brushes can be found at http://www.deviantart.com/. Some good things you can add to spice up your brushing would be the curves adjustment, and the color balance adjustment. Make sure you modify the shadows and highlights on the color balance too or it will look pretty bland. Curves is one of the best things you can use when your a begginer, it can change a bright sparkley looking sig into a dark gothic looking sig. It will modify the shadows/darkness/contrast/etc... Contrast/birghtness is also another good adjustment layer to add. Good luck on your sigs bye.

not bad for starting out could use alot more work though, read up on some stuff and you should be good.

At least you started off better than i did... I letterally sucked about a year ago...Nice for a start... Just read alot of tutorials, download a lot of fonts and brushes, they help.