xisto Community
machinamedia

Cable Connection Speed-up Software

I don't think there's any software that can speed up what is not under your control. Because the internet speed is depended on

your ISP's set default speed

the condition of copper wire (optical wire) from the main node to your house and house internal wirings

the congestion of web-servers (pipe line)

the cache setting in your browser

the speed of your computer's abilities to process the information

You can make your internet downloading/uploading experience better than your current one but not by much. Try windows tweaking using registry editing. But be warned that this may cause your computer to misbehave. Always backup your registry before attempting any editing.

Don't forget that cable modem speed is like a water pressure--more people are on the same line tapping into the same source at the same time (your neighbors all have cable modem, for example) the less water pressure you will have. I have edited my registry to download/upload faster than when I just set up my DSL. But it only went from 860kb dl/128kb ul to 1200kb dl/360kb ul. But loading time for most pages are the same. I am at the mercy of whichever web-server decides to feed me with faster through-put.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I would Recommend TCP Optimizer to use it, set the slider to your internet speed (provided by your isp), choose "Optimal Settings", Check "Modify All Network Adapters" similarly to as I did in the picture below.

Posted Image

Apply the settings, (make a backup if you wish), and reboot.

I've had some success with those programs, however there IS a way to speed up your broadband connection. Unfortunately this method is also illegal, it involves modifying a router to use more of your ISP's bandwidth. Doing so is unstable and can screw up the entire network and is also very easy to detect on the ISP's part. All in all, just go for a better package if you want more speed.

TCP Optmizer can only speed it up abit. Cables are already fast and compressing proxies will barely have any effect on it. There is also a method which involves WinXP Pro and gpedit, search the forum for it

Thats weird but I've met couple of download managers that somehow were able to keep my 128Kb/s inet on 256Kb/s level. For some reason speed was higher when using this program plus it was more stable and trust me it had nothing to do with technical part of my isp at that moment.

you can also try Speed Connect, its pretty goodi use a dial up connection, and i usually get speeds of 4-5 kbps while surfing or downloading but after installing this software n optimizing my connection i get speeds of 10-11kpbsalso, there is a service called onspeed that compresses the data and it increases the surfing speed greatly!!i say so coz i've used it!

Are you sure its not Onspeed that increased the surfing speed? I checked, there is no way that Speed Connect can increase the download capacity, yet Onspeed could do that via compression.

Speed Connect - it does work. I used to get about 10mb/hour, now its more like 15-20mb. Seems it optimises the connection, bringing faster downloads over time rather then raw speed.

even though the conection speed could be up,i still confuse the speed of upload...how to optimise the feature of ADSL.sometimes we need to upload more files than download,but no better way i can get to promote the uploading speed? :lol:

Boosting software programs are usually Garbage. Its just a cheap way for people to get some easy money. And if it does increase speed, you probably wont even notice the speed increase. Only by testing.