xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Becca

Mac Mini Adorable :)

I found this in my spam email, but it's soo cool! I'm kind of late on things so it might be old news to you but oh well lol.

Apple have got a new 'thing'. It's called the Mac Mini. It's this adorable little mac machine (6.5" sqaure, 2" high). Its basically got everything that a mac is plus it's tiny and cheaper. It's just big enough to slot a cd in it.
I mean HELLO?!...anyone else out there craving for a mac PC..but can't afford one!?!?

I don't think it comes with anything extra like speakers or mouse etc... but the price for the mac you probably wouldn't expect it. Sadly It doesn't have a floppy disk drive.
On the site it says something about plugging and electric guitar in it. So I think it would probably be suited for musical purposes more and photoes...

Size isn't everything...

here's the site by the way http://www.apple.com/mac-mini/

It sounds great, a mac for $500, but its only got a 40GB hard drive and theres no monitor. Its a great idea if you love macs but can't afford them, otherwise I can't see a reason for it...

wow ??? i love that idea ... maybe they are not as powerfull as other mac ppc but they have enough power to do cool things??? ... a good point to star if you dont have enough money .... i think i'll considere to buy one ... and about ther problem of the hard disk, there is another model with 80 GB of hard disk ... if the problem still in the storage you can buy an external hard disk , are cheap.??? :)

Umm, I am in a time warp or is everyone just being polite...these mini macs ahve been out for a really long time, they are by no means 'new', although i do admit they are cool, but in true mac style, they lack a monitor built in...but for the price, does it really matter? If i had the money to spend on a mac, i would definately just go out and buy a 20" imac..and i would be content for a long time...they are wonderful, in every sense...power, design, and stability...all great

Yeah mac minis are great. i have one myself. I have it since december about and its been working really well since then. it only has a few starting problems which usualy take 10 min or something till it starts. AS for speed it does pretty well but can go a bit slow sometimes when you use iMovie or iDVD which come with it by the way. Actualy the whole iLife packet comes with it so its great. The only other things i could add to it is that the HD is a bit small. i have the 60GB dont know if they have it with a bigger one or not by now. and it gets a bit hot. Oh yeah and the internal Bluetooth is great. works perfectly with the apple BT mouse and keyboard.

to be able to use it you would have to get a monitor anyways so you might as well just get a full sized computer and save some money. it seems like there would be almost no way to upgrade it or anything. if your tight on space then you might as well just get a laptop or something because you would have to buy a monitor anyway and after adding the price of one of those onto the 'starting at' $500, you could get a laptop with similar performance.

And yes, Mac mini will take advantage of your two-button USB mouse with scroll-wheel and your favorite USB keyboard

and you can even use the high tech two button mouse! i mean its only taken them how many years to get all the way to two buttons when mice for other types of computers have like three or five or more.
i guess its an okay idea but why not just get a laptop instead.

yeah I'm REALLY late lol.I think they make the mini's because they know their usual products are well expensive and so if they made cheaper but with lesser stuff and smaller..there will be more buyers like us ordinary skint people, lol..That's what I think..or maybe theiy're just doing it for fun.