xisto Community
Avalon

First Try At A Sig

Wow, thats your first ever try? :) Its very well done, my first was a simple clouds+render+color balance. I hope you win SOTW because you deserve it, Once again, i say well done.

well if it is your first try then you are too good bro!I like the render, background and the best thing which makes it "Outstanding" is the "electrify" text effect and the Font too goes with the SIG. all in all a very very good SIG.Rating : 10/10

Hey thanks for the praise. :) While it is my first ever 'sig', I have played around with graphics for a while. Mostly making images for web sites and banners for people. I have also dabbled with Flash but I find it very time consuming.

If you're interested in at looking at what I have made with Flash, here are a couple of links. They are both for a promo I made for a web host, high and low quality versions, (only the sound quality is different). Both are *.exe files because he wanted them as stand-alone files that could be played on any computer.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (1.7mb)
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (3.4mb)

Wow! That's very good for your first try! My first sig was lame and I had to pull it out after a single day. Anyways, good job! :)

As everyone said, pretty darn good for a first :) - your experience with other designing shows. I suppose it's not so much a "technical" thing, but rather having an eye for what looks good - well done.If you make any more stuff, be sure to post it up :D

hey! some super nice signatures over here...inspired me to learn adobe photoshop...thoguh it's just too confusing to start.so many functions. and the layers orientation never fails to make me dizzy....well done for a first try!

I am interested in doing some sigs aswell, out of interest:Do you start with a load of images, (in your case the background, name, and guy on side)and then put them together?DO you also 'make' these images yourself, or are they borrowed?Thanks for any answers, or advice given...melkonianarg

Well, they pretty much said it. It's great for a first try. The pixel text is slightly blurry, maybe remove anti-aliasing on it, but other than that, nothing at all wrong with it.

Like the others are said, very impressive for a first sig. I like how it seems that the electricity is "illuminating" the left side of the render. The background could be improved a bit, and as Johnny suggested, try removing the anti-aliasing on the pixel text. melkonianarg:Most sigs are comprised of 1) a background 2) color balance layers [usually more then one] 3) a render 4) a border 5) textUsually, most people make their own backgrounds using downloaded brushes. The renders are usually either downloaded, though some people prefer to self-extract them.