xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

My Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data, regaining data, and freezing

Skipping Ipod

My Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data,

I feel your pain! I bought a new 80G. Prior I had a 30G which I had never had a problem with. Since I bought this new Ipod 6 months ago, I haven't had anything but skipping songs, songs stop half way through and go to the next. I wiped it twice - no changes. I think it's the ipod software. My fix is that I am going to sell it and go with a Zune.

-reply by Victor

Old iPod Skipping -- Solution!

I have an old iPod, I think it's a 20 GB mini, model A1051. It skips often at the very beginning of songs. Not all, just some, strangely enough. I've found a solution that works for me.

After you notice skipping, take your USB->iPod cable out and connect it between your PC and your iPod. Wait for it to mount on your PC. When it does and displays the folder contents, dismount it gracefully (in Windows you should click on the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in your system tray, bottom-right corner of your screen). It is USB so you could *probably* just yank it out of your PC but best to do it nicely.

Now it should work. It shouldn't skip until the next even causes it to skip again. For me that's whenever it powers down -- and I don't mean go into standby, I mean it turns itself off so that you have to press MENU to turn it back on. 8 times out of 10 this means I have to do the "USB Mount" dance again.

Hope it works. Apple sux for not acknowledging this one.

-reply by The Wangster

same here

I have 4 80gb Ipods and 2 of the160gb ipod. They all skip. All at different places, even the videos are now skipping on two ipods.

I give up, I have 10,335 songs. I don't want to lose them so I play them from the Itunes in the computer and screw the Ipods. Anything by Apple is garbage.

-reply by michael

I'm beginning to get worried about my Ipod. When I select a song that is in the middle of a playlist, it skips about 6 to 7 songs before playing a full song. Now I'm afraid to touch it, because I don't want to screw it up worse than it is! My Ipod is a 1.7 GB Ipod nano. Someone please tell me what do to try and fix it and get it back to normal-question by Lauren

My ipod has also had some issues concerning skipping songs. But the reason behind it is that the files were coming from bittorent and were coming from the folder where they were only partially downloaded. My ipod would play the song then cut off like half way through the song. To resolve this issue, you must delete the song from your library and then add it back to the itunes music. Another reason the ipod may be skipping songs is that the musics could be from the itunes store. Sometimes purchased music does not play on the ipod and required the user to sync the ipod with itunes to refresh the memory. If you need any more help feel free to message me.

Ok I just loaded taylor swift and lady antebellum on to my zen and now the first song on lady antebellum plays for 5 seconds then starts over goes for five seconds then skips 3 or 4 words but the rest of the cds fine-reply by meaghan

Skipping

I have an ipod 5th Gen, 80GB video I've had it since August last year. I use AAC format for downloading tracks but just suddenly out of the blue it as started skipping on tracks. Usually about the last 30 seconds or the first 5-10 seconds on the start of the next track.

I always have shuffle mode on and it as never been a problem till now. Also it has not been the same track twice. It started only yesterday, it skipped the end of one track and the begining off the next track,then today the end of another.

I just hope I havent got to by a new player, can some one please help

-question by thgun2

Found a fix on mine!

I have a 160GB Classic and I was having a similar problem with whole albums. I would begin listening on track one and it would just skip through the tracks and flash the titles and not play a thing. I'm assuming it has something to do with the bit rate because once I re-ripped them as AAC files @ 192 CBR they played fine. I used a program called MAX for MacOS not sure if it's made for Windows. I hope this helps someone else out there.

Here are some suggestions:1. clear the ipod of all music (I would do this by Making a dud playlist that's empty and telling it to sync ONLY that dud playlist) after doing that maybe try putting on some of the offending songs into that dud playlist and try it then. See if that works. If it does, then re-sync your library (or the songs you had on it) and see if that worked.2. Format the iPod unplug it (it should give the message 'use itunes to restore' or something to that effect) plug it in, and let her rip. see if that sucker works3. Call your apple store and ask for their advice, if there's anything you can do, if not take it to them.Hope this helped

Try this steps

Replying to beeseven

Dude last option is to restore you ipod & update the latest software version I.E 2.1

Note: this will erase all you data which is stored in your ipod

Then try doing that all most your problem will get resolve

Enjoy

Asif

-reply by asif

iPod skipping songs...My Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data,

None of the above suggestions works.  I have an 80 GB iPod that recently started doing this.  I bought a new 120 GB Classic, and once I loaded it with my library, it skipped at the same spots on the same songs.  The weird thing is that the songs play perfectly if I play them off iTunes.

I suspect that the files must've been corrupted during a routine back-up of my music files, and while my computer can adjust for the corruption, the iPod cannot.  I'm making a note of which albums contain these supposedly corrupted songs, and will try to erase and re-import them.  This is gonna take ages...

-reply by James

My ipod skips songs that have a pause or a break.  I listen to comedy sketches and they have only started skipping when I went from my 30G (broken when dropped) to a brand new 120G.  I originally bought a 80G which did the same thing but it was an open box so I brought it back to get a 120G which does the same thing...  I talked to apple care and they have no idea why its doing this...  Reformated the ipod and re-imported the tracks to no avail...

Painfull but SuURE solution to ipod skipping songs, stuttering songsMy Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data,

Hello everyone,

This problem started with my ipod about 6 months ago and I tried everything to rectify it, reformatted my hard disk, re installed itunes, used the old one used the latest version... Everything!

Stumbled on the solution by accident yesterday: it is a virus (trojan) that causes the skipping by invading mp3 files and leaving in a marker that forces iexplorer to go to a certain website that wants you to download a codec to play the file. Bad idea!

Use Soundforge or any sound editting software to open any of these files and delete the marker that shows up. This is painful I know, but it works; and if you're like me and value the music accumulated equally painstakingly, you'll want to try this out on your favourite collections at least.

Cheers

-reply by Sofia

It worked!My Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data,Hi there,I tried what iguest suggested: push the menu and middle buttons together for 7 sec and it worked. My nano which I've had for 3 years and no problems just started to skip every song until it finished!-reply by Scott