xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

My Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data, regaining data, and freezing

Does not workMy Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data,

Restoring and reloading the mp3s from a defragmented computer hard drive DID NOT work.  Songs play OK in computer. The program "MP3Checker" is a waste of time.  Other files fail but the real songs that fail on ipod pass the check.

How to fix an iPod that skipsMy Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data,

buy a zune. :) 

I have an iPod that does the same.  I dropped $300 bucks on this P.O.S. And I have to have iTunes to keep track of my music, it can only be repaired and keep the warranty by an iPod repair shop... Just as they have before, Apple is way too proprietary...  They didn't learn their lesson the first time.

-reply by iPods are overrated

My nano is skipping 7 songs...Since I only have about 250 songs on here so far, it is only playing about 30 songs...

I tried reseting it by pushing the menu and middle button but it didn't work.

*If worst comes to worst... I'm going to start my ipod over, then I'll check with the apple store... But if you have any suggestions besides "erasing everything" and "going to the apple store" please feel free to suggest.

Thanks.

My iPod's just started skipping songs at random points through tracks, hasnt done this before and the files arent corrupt or have any imbedded viruses in them, checked all of that, I have a 120gb ipod classic, I think its the HDD, possibly faulty? if not that then faulty OS software on the ipod to **** it up if its been of shuffle too much! it really is pissing me off as I've only had it about a month.

if it carrys on then I'm just taking it back to the apple store,... Or it could just be driving itself insane with the 15000 songs on it atm... Could b a reason... And to the person  who said to "get an mp3 player, mines got 500mb" **** that, burn a cd in MP3 format! thats 700 meg alone! how do you expect to fit 90 gig of music on CD... Its a lot of CDs!

Menu/OK button reset workedMy Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data,

Just had this problem happen to me today and was perplexed. The songs would never start, and the Ipod would just skip to the next one...Then the next...Then the next, etc.

A quick Google search led me here, and the suggestion of pressing and holding the menu+middle/OK button for a few seconds did the trick.

-reply by Dave

Skipping SongsMy Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data,

I had the same problem which only started after I had entered data for 'sort album artist'. I deleted all those entries and the iPod seems to be, touch wood, fingers cross with my lucky 4 leaf clover in my pocket, working fine

-reply by Simon

OK the problem regarding the iPod skipping songs I think is because of different problems. I might have a solution for one of them. One of the problems I think, is due to the iPod itself (that explains why it played the song before but now it skips it.) I also had the problem before where a song plays for 30 sec and then skips to the next song (this was fixed by setting the end time, just check the end time, you don't need to type in the time unless it says something like 30 secs) The other problem is when the song you just transfer to your iPod and it won't play and it just skip to the next song. 

I recently downloaded a song and it wouldn't play on my iPod. It was fine when I played it on iTunes but not on my iPod. What I did was, and I read that some people just converted it to AAC but mine would give me an error and I didn't want to decrease the quality of the song, so I used GoldWave (you can download it for free) I opened the song and click save as, you can either replace the file or save it with another name just make make sure that if your file bit is 320 save it 320 stereo or if is 225 then save it 225 stereo. Then it will promt a message saying you need LAME version 98.0 or later or something like that just click download and it will do it automatically and it will be saved. The only thing is that when you do that, you will lose the art work but that's not a big of a problem. 

I hope this help because it did fix my problem. 

-reply by Diana

Just had this problem happen to me today and was perplexed. The songs would never start, and the Ipod would just skip to the next one...Then the next...Then the next, etc.Now I know what to do,"Just had this problem happen to me today and was perplexed. The songs would never start, and the Ipod would just skip to the next one...Then the next...Then the next, etc.A quick Google search led me here, and the suggestion of pressing and holding the menu+middle/OK button for a few seconds did the trick."-reply by Tad Nelson

ipod shuffle didnMy Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data,If your ipod shuffle did not support or play more than 7 or 8 songs then download SWITCH SOUND FILE CONVERTER by searching in google and decrease the bit rate of songs in ENCODER OPTIONS donot decrease it so mush that it has no effects-reply by K.A.ATEEQ AHMED

same hereMy Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data,

this has been happening to me too. The songs play fine in itunes, transfer fine also, but when I play them using my ipod touch, it is like the song data has rearranged itself, it plays a track, but skips within itself loads, and drives me ****ing nuts! I have done many resets/restores etc and followed all common solutions but nothing is working. Any ideas?

-reply by lewis

song skippingMy Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data,

my ipod classic places one song then skips through all my songs without playing them, when I go into the menu view and click the song I want to listen to it plays the song then does the skipping thing again. Can anyone please help me thanks xx 

-question by mark willis

Ipod skippingMy Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data,

Pressing the menu bottom while holding the middle botton down. 

hey it worked for me as well!

You didn't list what type of iPod you had, so this is kind of a guess, but might be able to help......You might have corrupted your iPod, because you unplugged it while it was still connected to your computer. If you unplug it while synchronyzing, it could really screw it up. Try formatting it and reinstalling your songs. Try calling Apple support and have them help you repair your iPod(Personally, I've had a bad experience with them. Maybe you'll be different.) Try resetting your iPod by holding down the menu button and middle button at the same time. It should show the little Apple logo and boot up the iPod. Best of luck,thejodeHey iGuest guy(or girl, or dog, whatever),How come you posted on this topic about a bazillion times? And why is half of your text always wrapped in tables? It's really weird.Puzzled,Thejode.

No worries i was on my ipod and i wanted to listen to some music and i noticed alot of skipping like song would start then skip to next song later when connecting to computer i noticed that some songs had a "!" beside it later i found out that ment "!" was corrupted soo i detled the songs with ! and i notieced i worked again afetr that just to make sure 100 percent it wouldnt happen again i restored it and then its been working :):)

mines, exactly the same, 160gb ipod classic..everytime i paly a song it skips or freezes, i actually dont know whats a matter with it, its 5month old, and has over17,000 songs!