xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
katagirl3000

ZELDA and LINK

Yea i completly agree. They never follow a story line. They just start it as it was the first game ever made. I hope in the future game relases they make they acutally continue a story line. I really liked the first one for n64. Then they bring the next one out and i really didn't like it. It had nothing at all to do with the first one. And i really didn't like the time limit stuff either. Also about the Zelda link thing. I don't thing there is suppose to be anything he is just saving here. But you never know that could be completly didffernt in the next game if they get into that topic. Which would be really good if they continued it from there.

You guys do realize that there are somewhere around 10 Links (likewise, the same applies to Zelda), right ? IIRC, one Link stars in 2 games at most (OoT-MM link and LttP-LA Link). Now, even if one of those Links had feelings for the Zelda at the time, that doesn't mean all of them did.And there is a storyline, just maybe not as simple as you're used to. The Zelda games are not random; they all fall into a timeline (or two, but that's getting into the complicated stuff). Before any of the Zelda games (storywise, of course), the original Zelda was put under an eternal sleep by an evil sorcerer who died from casting the spell. I forget who, but the person who trusted and allowed the sorcerer into the kingdom declared that every female in the Royal should be named Zelda, and that's why all the princesses you meet share one name. The exact order of games is not known (although there are compelling theories), but Nintendo has promised that it will be revealed eventually.C'mon, didn't ANY of you pay attention to the opening story in the Wind Waker? How could you not think of OoT when you read it?

Edited by RedAlert (see edit history)

Well I do sometimes imagine them in a relationship. But thats only a few times. Mostly I think of it as, Link saves Zelda, she's happy, the world gets saved, everyone is happy, Gandorf goes to hell, the sages are all happy, then the end. But sometimes you kind of wonder, would they make a good couple. They both have a triforce section, they both want to save the world, they both interact with each other in a past friendship kind of way (not making out but other stuff, no not that either). So sometimes I do imagine, they would really make a good couple. But mostly its just strictly business, and no just because Zelda kisses link on the CHEEK does not mean anything. Sometimes a friend of mine (a girl, daa) would give me a kiss on the cheek whenever I do something nice to her. That doesn't mean we have that kind of relationship. I really can't be sure but I'm leaning on the side that says they just want to save the world and nothing more than that.

...Wow, the users on this forum are terrible. All they care about is getting credits for hosting. If demon had even taken the time to read my post RIGHT ABOVE HIS, he would've noticed that his post makes no sense...but who am I kidding, right? No one is going to read this post, you're all just going to ignore it and post like this was an empty thread.

Edited by RedAlert (see edit history)

In all the Legend of Zelda games I've played I haven't seen anything that would imply that they had a relationship or feelings. So I don't think anything is going on with Zelda and Link. Anyone who thinks that something is going on probably just wants something to happen.

I still play the game but whats really disturbing that people are bored enough to be thinking about what video game character is tapping who. I would say that mario, luigi and the toad man haven't tap the princess toadstool or peach or whatever her name they gave her. But before I fall under this disturbed category I'm done with this post.

Agree'd. I mean seriously, who plays a boring game like that enough to bother with the story in the first place?

You guys do realize that there are somewhere around 10 Links (likewise, the same applies to Zelda), right ? IIRC, one Link stars in 2 games at most (OoT-MM link and LttP-LA Link). Now, even if one of those Links had feelings for the Zelda at the time, that doesn't mean all of them did.
And there is a storyline, just maybe not as simple as you're used to. The Zelda games are not random; they all fall into a timeline (or two, but that's getting into the complicated stuff). Before any of the Zelda games (storywise, of course), the original Zelda was put under an eternal sleep by an evil sorcerer who died from casting the spell. I forget who, but the person who trusted and allowed the sorcerer into the kingdom declared that every female in the Royal should be named Zelda, and that's why all the princesses you meet share one name. The exact order of games is not known (although there are compelling theories), but Nintendo has promised that it will be revealed eventually.

C'mon, didn't ANY of you pay attention to the opening story in the Wind Waker? How could you not think of OoT when you read it?

omg nerd

Well I do sometimes imagine them in a relationship. But thats only a few times. Mostly I think of it as, Link saves Zelda, she's happy, the world gets saved, everyone is happy, Gandorf goes to hell, the sages are all happy, then the end. But sometimes you kind of wonder, would they make a good couple. They both have a triforce section, they both want to save the world, they both interact with each other in a past friendship kind of way (not making out but other stuff, no not that either). So sometimes I do imagine, they would really make a good couple. But mostly its just strictly business, and no just because Zelda kisses link on the CHEEK does not mean anything. Sometimes a friend of mine (a girl, daa) would give me a kiss on the cheek whenever I do something nice to her. That doesn't mean we have that kind of relationship. I really can't be sure but I'm leaning on the side that says they just want to save the world and nothing more than that.

lol wtf. Your just mentioning one of the Zelda's of the apparently many according to Bryan(Red Alert)... I found this funny even before i read his next post:

Wow, the users on this forum are terrible. All they care about is getting credits for hosting. If demon had even taken the time to read my post RIGHT ABOVE HIS, he would've noticed that his post makes no sense...but who am I kidding, right? No one is going to read this post, you're all just going to ignore it and post like this was an empty thread.

lol so true. This happens all the time in threads that are like 6 pages long. Not even the admins care anymore for those threads. People even just spam spam spam away and nobody even looks at their post. I've seen it in almost every long thread.

In all the Legend of Zelda games I've played I haven't seen anything that would imply that they had a relationship or feelings. So I don't think anything is going on with Zelda and Link. Anyone who thinks that something is going on probably just wants something to happen.

ROFL!!!!!! I laughed so hard when i read this post after reading bryan's post above it xD :)

I think they like each other.It's actually pretty obvious.Besides,Link is just the cutest thing,and Zelda so sweet.There a great match.I totally agree with The Apocalyzard.

get it right people Midna and Illia from TP fancies Link and Zelda is just too old for him, Iza is just a bit perverted and so is Telma also doesnt Zelda have a go at Link near the end of TP (she caught Link kissing Midna)

@gamescoper: Uh...No. Link didn't kiss Midna, (but you could tell Midna had feelings for Link). They all stood by one another, and then she left. So she was a good friend, and that's not a result of me being a bit biased, it's the truth.And uhm, despite many of you who say that there is no trace of anything, you'll find it's there in almost very game. Yes, different Links AND Zeldas, but both somehow have a connection.Plus. I never really thought about that until I saw that the creators were asked if a romance would happen between the two, and they said "We would really lke that..." So, it's pretty canon-ish.-reply by TwilightPrincess

My girlfriend and I both like to think that they might get together after he saves her in each reincarnation of them.We just think that after ALL that work Link does to constantly save the world while helping complete strangers do stupid things like find their cat or give their girlfriend some stupid feathers... After ALL that work we believe Link deserves some nice Royal Hyrulian booty.Hahahaha seriously. He deserves it. So we just like to assume... We're not pervs or anything...-reply by Risket

hehe RedAlert I did read all of your posts, though you won't read this one seeing as how you assume I'm not too bright. Oh well, forums are bound to have people who want to reap the profits of the free hosting this one gives, no big deal, expected.

Just adding my two cent:

Link does not love Zelda, but many of times Zelda has feelings for link. That would be expected of a princess who is saved by a chap clad in green with a shiny sword :D

There is another thread that discusses this matter a lot deeper!

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/7436-zelda-love/ <--- follow the link XD

Here, ReRush feels, and I agree, that all the Zelda x Link matches are made of creativity and desire. Kids who play OoT would like to see Link with Zelda in the end, because come on, he ends up just riding away alone on Epona. No one would want that for the guy who they controlled for hours going through tree trunks, volcanoes, bellies, temples, chambers and deserts. It's our imagination that puts the idea in our minds and I think the makers of Zelda left that open ended so that we could always keep wondering.