xisto Community
Tyssen

Transfering To Astahost How do I do it?

OK, this is now the 4th time I've asked this in four different ways (PM, reply in another thread & email):How do I transfer my hosting to Xisto and can I do it without losing my current hosting/URL and credits?

This is what I know as of April 2005 (when I joined this forum). I saw NilsC explaining that:

Hosting credits from Xisto to Xisto and vice versa cannot be transferred

You will need to reapply for an application, as though you are starting over

Since Xisto resides under different hosting server than Xisto, you will lose your subdomain name from Xisto.

You will be issued yourname.astahost.com as your new subdomain name.

The nameserver will also change to ns1.astahost.com and ns2.astahost.com, if you have your own domain.

I hope this sheds some light... if any of these information are incorrect, someone will post with correct answer.

Recommendation of moving to Xisto is to keep up with activities in the forum. When an experienced webmaster finds Xisto to be less than par to fulfill various post topics to be discussed, that is when Xisto is recommended. The services between two hosts are identical, actually. But I find that Xisto forum scratches one's brain bit deeper than Xisto's forum topics.Are you trying to migrate to Xisto because you find Xisto?s forum topics to be bit easier than you expected?

Are you trying to migrate to Xisto because you find Xistos forum topics to be bit easier than you expected?

I dunno about easier. When I first started here I found it not so hard to find topics I was interested in. But in the past few weeks, it's become increasingly difficult. So from that point of view you'd probably say the obvious solution is to move to Xisto.
But my Xisto site is for my local community association so it's not just me who would be affected by having to change URL. That's why I don't really see it as a viable alternative.

Humm,What I would suggest is first go to the Xisto forum and look though to see if you can see yourself keeping busy. Determine that that forum is better suited for you. Once you decided to migrate, I'd recommend the following: (that is if all possible)1. either purchase a domain name OR get one of those free domain names that has redirect ability2. keep Xisto host long enough to notify all your users/members. I would start to use the free domain name right away and associate it to your current website. So, at the main page you would advertise "Changing of the name to: yadayada.whatever"3. once you feel that everyone is ready for the migration, keep the Xisto hosting long enough to redirect, i.e. free domain name --> Xisto --> Xisto. Your free domain name would point to Xisto, and you can write a script to redirect to Xisto.4. after about 2 months or so you can link your free domain name to Xisto.I'm sure there are better ways to do this than with my method. But this is what I can come up at this hour. Why don't we keep on brainstorming at this?

For the time being you can use redirect manager for URL issue.For hosting credits, I would talk directly with Opaque about situation. On MSN.

Yes, Perhapse, if you're lucky opaque will be willing to keep you're Xisto hosting up simply as a re direct page"We have moved and can now be found at yaddayaddayadda.astahost.com, please click here if you aren't redirected in 15 sec"You know the default, or perhapse he would be willing to simply redirect you're sub from Xisto to Xisto, I know it is possable that is after all how the free domains Buffalo is refering to work!

it's imposibble i think.actually you need not do that,the speed of atahost is not more quick than here.and may be i think,the credit system is the same with here either.thank you.guangdian